Wings sign Rafalski...

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Wings sign Rafalski... 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 12:30 am

TSN - Defenceman Brian Rafalski agreed to a five-year, US$30-million deal with the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, shortly after defenceman Mathieu Schneider chose to leave the team in free agency.

Rafalski scored eight goals and had 55 points last season for the New Jersey Devils. He has 44 career goals and 311 points in seven NHL seasons, all in New Jersey.

The 5-foot-10, 195-pound defenceman was born in Dearborn, just outside of Detroit, and turns 34 in September.

Nice signing, he is a very good D-man. We also gain 4 years of age over Schneider.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Jul 4, 2007 4:47 pm

Don't like this signing. He's a good defense men but the deal has us paying him till he is 39 years old. I would have much rather tried to go after Jason Blake for cheaper and resign Bertuzzi.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:09 am

Bertuzzi can rot in hell. Rafalski has been a great addition to our team and the spot that would have been filled by Bertuzzi has been able to be used by one of our youngsters. I'm very happy with the way the season is going for us so far.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:37 am

wow I was a idiot for saying I wanted Bert and Blake. Glad to see Rafalski tearing it up for us
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by TNBT » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:07 am

xbl_sucks wrote:wow I was a idiot for saying I wanted Bert and Blake. Glad to see Rafalski tearing it up for us

Did Rafalski make the All-Star squad too? He must have been VERY close if he didn't. He and Lidstrom are #1 and #2 in scoring by defensemen.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:25 pm

The Next Big Thing wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Did Rafalski make the All-Star squad too? He must have been VERY close if he didn't. He and Lidstrom are #1 and #2 in scoring by defensemen.

No he didn't he should have but that damn Scott Niedermayer did after having a playing a 3rd of Rafalski games.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#7 » by ajaX82 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:45 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No he didn't he should have but that damn Scott Niedermayer did after having a playing a 3rd of Rafalski games.

I also found that rediculous. Brian deserved it soooo much, but Scott gets in on his name alone.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:01 am

ajaX82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I also found that rediculous. Brian deserved it soooo much, but Scott gets in on his name alone.

Yeah that really pissed me off, well I guess we couldn't have all our guys there have to make it fair for the league
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by TNBT » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:07 am

Yeah that really pissed me off, well I guess we couldn't have all our guys there have to make it fair for the league

Yeah, if we had many more guys there it would have started looking like a Red Wings game instead of an All-Star game.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Yeah, if we had many more guys there it would have started looking like a Red Wings game instead of an All-Star game.

Hmm maybe they should do that. I mean you could take the best NHL team at the break and face them up with the best team not in the NHL or take the best team at the break and have them face the best mix of Western and Eastern players not on their respected team.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by TNBT » Fri Feb 1, 2008 2:20 am

Hmm maybe they should do that. I mean you could take the best NHL team at the break and face them up with the best team not in the NHL or take the best team at the break and have them face the best mix of Western and Eastern players not on their respected team.

Hmmm... having the #1 team face an All-Star squad made up of all the other NHL players could be an interesting idea. I wonder if the league has ever thought of it?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Feb 4, 2008 7:25 pm

Hmmm... having the #1 team face an All-Star squad made up of all the other NHL players could be an interesting idea. I wonder if the league has ever thought of it?

Yeah I think they should look into it. I mean it would help, Rafalski played well again last night with 1 goal and allready has 10 his career best for a single season. I guess playing with Lidstrom is paying off :wink:
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by TNBT » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:17 am

Playing with Lidstrom will make anyone look like a superstar.

Return to Detroit Red Wings