ImageImageImageImage

Red Wings Vs. Flames: 1st Rd (updated april 23rd, 12:45 am)

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Red Wings Vs. Flames: 1st Rd (updated april 23rd, 12:45 am) 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 5:09 am

Detroit Red Wings Vs. Calgary Flames

Red Wings Win Series 4-2

Game 1: Calgary Flames 1 Detroit Red Wings 4
Game 2: Calgary Flames 1 Detroit Red Wings 3
Game 3: Detroit Red Wings 2 Calgary Flames 3
Game 4: Detroit Red Wings 2 Calgary Flames 3
Game 5*: Calgary Flames 1 Detroit Red Wings 5
Game 6*: Detroit Red Wings 2 Calgary Flames April 1

The Wings await Dallas/SJ
The Great White Hype
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#2 » by The Great White Hype » Sun Apr 8, 2007 6:36 am

Red Wings in six. Hey I'm biased but they are the better team. It will all come down to goaltending. If Kipper stands on his head then the Flames have a chance. I'm not sure if I see it happening though seeing as how he is struggling heading into the playoffs(struggling in the sense of a couple loses in a row).
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,732

Post#3 » by Cowology » Sun Apr 8, 2007 6:55 pm

I'm pumped! GO WINGS!
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Apr 9, 2007 5:40 pm

Cowology wrote:I'm pumped! GO WINGS!

Cosign, The Wings should beat the Flames. I am predicting a 4-2 series win for us.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 6:09 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Cosign, The Wings should beat the Flames. I am predicting a 4-2 series win for us.

Yes we should win this one. The Flames crawled into the playoffs. But Mikka still worries me, he can be unstoppable if he wants.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#6 » by Cowology » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 am

I have to wait 3 more days??? argh....
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#7 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:30 am

Cowology wrote:I have to wait 3 more days??? argh....

Dang Cow, contain your excitement for the playoffs there buddy. :rofl: Don't think I've ever seen you this excited on the Pistons board.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ajaX82 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am

Cowology wrote:I have to wait 3 more days??? argh....

Patience is a virtue young grasshopper.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#9 » by moose man » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:48 am

Best of luck to you guys, and I agree with everything thats been said thus far. Without Kiprusoff righting this sinking ship we will be gone early.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:59 pm

moose man wrote:Best of luck to you guys, and I agree with everything thats been said thus far. Without Kiprusoff righting this sinking ship we will be gone early.

well 4+ key injuries will do that to you. Can't belive some of the homers on this show called "The Grill Room" they said that the Datsyuk signing was a horible move for us (Detroit) and that Calgary is going to beat the Wings :roll:, on person on there with any hockey IQ is Norm Rumack.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by moose man » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:19 pm

I think the Datsyuk move will work one of two ways. Brilliantly now that he has finacial security and doesn't have to worry about his contract or poorly now that he has financial security and doesn't have to put up huge numbers. I'm going to go with the former rather then the latter because from what I've heard Datsyuk is a very hard worker and has been putting up consistent numbers throughout his career.

As for the series, I think it all depends on Kiprusoff and the Flames returning to health. We need a lot of things to turn around in our favor for us to win. Time will tell I guess. Best of Luck
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#12 » by Cowology » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:22 pm

PistonFan4Life wrote:Dang Cow, contain your excitement for the playoffs there buddy. :rofl: Don't think I've ever seen you this excited on the Pistons board.
You know what it is, I follow the Pistons very closely all year long. Watch every game, read all the stories, etc etc. But the Wings I only watch maybe a dozen games a year, but then tune in for post-season. I wait all year for meaningfull hockey to begin so it has me a little more anxious.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#13 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:57 am

I actually think that if the Flames play there hockey they showed midway through the season we will crush the Wings.

Kipper has to play only good like a 2-3 goals a game goalie. Our offence this time can bail us out in a high scoring affair that is the difference.

We have depth at defence big forwards all around 3rd and 4th line proven vets and well JAROME IGINLA!

DION PHANEUF he deserves his own little paragraph. I predict he will pull a Stevens and knock someone out with ther head down this time they wont score though.

flames win 4-2
Rainmaker
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by Rainmaker » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:21 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:I actually think that if the Flames play there hockey they showed midway through the season we will crush the Wings.

Kipper has to play only good like a 2-3 goals a game goalie. Our offence this time can bail us out in a high scoring affair that is the difference.

We have depth at defence big forwards all around 3rd and 4th line proven vets and well JAROME IGINLA!

DION PHANEUF he deserves his own little paragraph. I predict he will pull a Stevens and knock someone out with ther head down this time they wont score though.

flames win 4-2

The only way I see the Flames winning is if the refs allow it (which they always do in the playoffs). Playoff hockey has very little to do with skill, it's all about slow, plodding, muck it up hockey (which is boring and I hate it).
God is a Red Sox fan
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by moose man » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm

How can you say that rough, hard nosed hockey is boring. This is how you tell if a player can play, and if they can play through the pain. If they can sacrifice for their teams good and not just for their own. Call me crazy but playoff hockey is exciting and the regular season is the boring part. You don't like staying up all night to watch a game go into its third sudden death overtime?
Rainmaker
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by Rainmaker » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:07 pm

moose man wrote:How can you say that rough, hard nosed hockey is boring. This is how you tell if a player can play, and if they can play through the pain. If they can sacrifice for their teams good and not just for their own. Call me crazy but playoff hockey is exciting and the regular season is the boring part. You don't like staying up all night to watch a game go into its third sudden death overtime?

I love OT hockey.............when my team wins :D. It sucks going to work 4 hours after your team loses at 3am.

I like fast paced, back and forth hockey, not "muck it up in the corners, trap the other team because you suck at scoring" hockey.
God is a Red Sox fan
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:30 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:I actually think that if the Flames play there hockey they showed midway through the season we will crush the Wings.

Kipper has to play only good like a 2-3 goals a goalie. Our offence this time can bail us out in a high scoring affair that is the difference.

flames win 4-2

If your letting in 2-3 goals a there is no way Detroit's defense will let you get those back. Hasek had the best GAA this season and Nik Lidstrom is a d-man that can shut you down he's a smart 2-way player with loads of playoff exp. Nothing agenst Kipper or your "offense" but there is no way you can match fire power with us will will falt out crush you we had a .74 goals scored to goals allowed per compared to your guys .41.

You do relize that we have a anwser for Jerome and his name is Todd Bertuzzi :P! The guy is a beast down in the crease area sortta like a Dave Andreychuk type player down low by screaning the goalie with his size and getting alot of garbage goals of rebounds.

With regards to Dion Phaneuf there really is no anwser we just have to play smart hockey and avoid being trapped and run over by him. We also have a guy who can hit and injure players on defense and his name is Chris Chelios I am not comapring them to one another but I am saying if he starts to see Dion play dirty then Chris will show you why I consider him the Rick Flair of hockey by being the dirtiest player in the and he will also get away with it 50% of the time.

Should be a intresting and physical series but my Wings are taking this one 4-2 sorry Calgary fans
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by ajaX82 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:36 pm

If your letting in 2-3 goals a there is no way Detroit's defense will let you get those back. Hasek had the best GAA this season and Nik Lidstrom is a d-man that can shut you down he's a smart 2-way player with loads of playoff exp. Nothing agenst Kipper or your "offense" but there is no way you can match fire power with us will will falt out crush you we had a .74 goals scored to goals allowed per compared to your guys .41.

You do relize that we have a anwser for Jerome and his name is Todd Bertuzzi :P! The guy is a beast down in the crease area sortta like a Dave Andreychuk type player down low by screaning the goalie with his size and getting alot of garbage goals of rebounds.

With regards to Dion Phaneuf there really is no anwser we just have to play smart hockey and avoid being trapped and run over by him. We also have a guy who can hit and injure players on defense and his name is Chris Chelios I am not comapring them to one another but I am saying if he starts to see Dion play dirty then Chris will show you why I consider him the Rick Flair of hockey by being the dirtiest player in the and he will also get away with it 50% of the time.

Should be a intresting and physical series but my Wings are taking this one 4-2 sorry Calgary fans

If i could edit your response to have my name on it i would have. Very well said.

This is the kinda series i wish we had some kind of enforcer tho. Its gunna get rough; i dont want our guys getting pushed around. Call up Bootland!

Ill agree with your call, 4-2 Wings. Kipper is the difference. If hes on the series will be 6/7. If not its 5 games.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:52 pm

Kipper is the difference on any day really but Calgary has some key injuries. Jerome missed some key games down the stretch, kinda hurts your chemstry and if Colorado had even a half decient goalie they would have knocked the Flames out.

Going to post a great read on "our teams" main board
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#20 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:21 am

Sure go out and buy a goon, so he can sucker punch our best player.

We will play physical hockey. Zetterberg is being rushed back.

He will be Phaneuf'd. Victi number one. Bertuzzi has an injury and probably will be rushed back later.

Return to Detroit Red Wings