ImageImageImageImage

Red Wings Vs. Flames: 1st Rd (updated april 23rd, 12:45 am)

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#81 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:20 pm

moose man wrote:I also want to say that the hit by Lebda(sp?) wasn't necessairy either. He had no reason to go for the knees of Langkow. He's a bigger player so why go for the lower hit?
And to the goalie running, its occurred on both sides (more so on the Wings side but maybe thats my bias showing) but they should've called it from the start and we wouldn't have seen the bumps and the crease action we are now later in the series.

There was no real goalie running, the Wings were almost 80-90% pushed into Kipper by the Flames D-Men. I agree with the Lebda hit it was kinda cheap just stand him up and hit him no need for the knees.

Kipper was the MVP of that first round I don't care what anybody says without him the Flames loose every single game by 4 or more goals. Great series by the Flames though I have to hand it to you guys.

Offensive MVP: Nik Lidstrom, Defensive MVP: Mikka Kippersuof (sp) and Special Teams MVP: Nik Lidstrom
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#82 » by moose man » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:23 pm

Best of Luck to you guys in the next round. You outplayed us for most of the series and if it were not for kipper we would've been done in 4 easily.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#83 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Bring on the Sharkies! I can't wait to see how both teams will step it up even though the Sharks had our number 3-1 in the regular season.

I expect alot of physical play between them both and hope Hasek *knocks on wood* stays healthy :pray:
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Detroit Red Wings