Quinn,Renny,Buchy

Freeway
Pro Prospect
And1: 229

Quinn,Renny,Buchy 

Post#1 » by Freeway » Tue May 26, 2009 7:11 pm

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service ... eid=423840

General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have hired Pat Quinn as the club’s new Head Coach. In addition to Quinn, Tambellini also announced Tom Renney has been named Associate Coach and current Oilers Assistant Coach, Kelly Buchberger, will also be on the coaching staff.

Thoughts? I hear alot of people talking about waiting tell the offseason but i really doubt there was going to be any better options. What amazes me is that we got Pat and Tom that makes this early hire amazing. I think Pay will do a great job with are young talent as can be seen by his junior teams he coaches, after all he is a players coach and youngester respond better to coaches with his style. Tom shows alot of class accepting a assist job to be part of a more dynamic coaching enviroment. I am sure he would have had few offers for possible head coaching postion around the league. I do not got much to say about Kelly but its always nice to have some one on staff that shares alot of hertage with the city and the organization.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Re: Quinn,Renny,Buchy 

Post#2 » by UTMCretin » Tue May 26, 2009 8:43 pm

I wasn't really scouring the rumour mill in advance for this one, so it definitely caught me off guard. Initial thoughts are that we got a coup in immediately adding two experienced, knowledgable and hell, even moderately successful coaches to a staff that was somewhat lacking in those areas. No real opinion on Buchberger except that I'm not surprised he's still around; they've been grooming him for a while now, so management must see something they like in him.

Of course, since coaching success can be a rather fickle thing, I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I see it happen on the ice. Still, it's a step forward in turning this team into a consistent playoff contender.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Quinn,Renny,Buchy 

Post#3 » by Nolan » Wed May 27, 2009 4:36 am

I love this move we're adding two great coaches to our team that players want to play for. Hopefully this is only the start of our big offseason moves.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to Edmonton Oilers