Oilers bring back Mike Comrie

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Oilers bring back Mike Comrie 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:58 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290627

Edmonton native Mike Comrie has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Oilers worth $1.125 million.

Comrie, originally drafted by Edmonton in the third round (91st overall) in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, rejoins the Oilers after having played there from 2000-2003.

He's a decent player and we did get him for pretty cheap. But I really don't see where he fits on this team, we don't need another center we already have Horcoff, Cogliano, Gagne, Nilsson, Brule and Pouliot. I'd much rather give some of our younger guys a shot then play Comrie as our fourth line center. Then there's also the fact that almost every Oiler fan hates this guy, whether it's because of that stupid holdout or the fact that he slept with Tommy Salo's wife.

Personally I really don't want this guy, but I heard we got a deal on his contract though no payments til 2011 and its interest free!!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Re: Oilers bring back Mike Comrie 

Post#2 » by UTMCretin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:22 am

Nolan wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290627

Then there's also the fact that almost every Oiler fan hates this guy, whether it's because of that stupid holdout or the fact that he slept with Tommy Salo's wife.

This is what I was wondering. Has there ever been a case where someone quite as hated by a particular fanbase as Comrie went back to that same team? Off the top of my head, I couldn't come up with anyone, but I figure there has to be some example of it happening in the past.

Either way, it should be interesting to see how he's received (although I can't imagine any grudges being held on to if he plays well enough).

As for the deal itself: eh, no complaints.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Nolan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 am

4 assists and a fight in his first pre season game, he looked good hopefully he can keep it up.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Nolan » Sun Oct 4, 2009 4:47 pm

He got a pretty warm welcome last night in the home opener which was kinda suprising. Seems like the fans have really warmed up to him again, that is until he starts to stuggle.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Nolan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Fans seem to be embracing him and he's played pretty well so far, this is looking a like a pretty good signing so far.

Love how Dalllas Green wore a Comrie jersey at the City and Colour concert.

Return to Edmonton Oilers