ImageImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Quick

l2RDO
Junior
And1: 0

Jonathan Quick 

Post#1 » by l2RDO » Wed Feb 4, 2009 12:50 pm

Im not really an LA Kings fan, but I went to UMass Amherst and remember watching him play for us, and he was pretty good. What do you guys think, being able to see him play everyday in the NHL? Does he look like a quality NHL starter, or could he become really good? His numbers this year are awesome (8-6-0, 2.36GAA, .919SV%, and 3SOs), but is that a product of being lucky, or being good? I know the Kings also have Bernier waiting to go, but do you guys see Quick staying the starter and doing well in LA for awhile, and are most of the fans happy with him?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Re: Jonathan Quick 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:46 am

I think he's the real deal. He's getting praise from the opponents and making really big clutch stops with very athletic moves.

Evidently the tenure and extra work he did was the only reason he got the call instead of Bernier, but I'm starting to think Bernier is a bust or just needs alot more time.

I'd say the fans and team love Quick(great name for a goalie).

The thing about his number that actually makes him great to me is that most of his goals come in bunches... so for instance he'll give up 6 goals in one bad game but then allow only 1 or 2 for many games in a row. Jason could have avg'd less goals a game and still lost more games than Jonathan because he'd consistently give up 3-4 for like ten games in a row where Quick will have 6 1-2 goal games then let in 5 or 7 on one bad night. I'll take bad nights, I hate people who aren't clutch, though, and Quick is looking Clutch.

We've got 4 viable young goaltenders right now, so we'll probably move somebody, but I hope it's not him.
Kapono24
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Kapono24 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 12:00 am

I've just seen him once when they played Detroit. He was very, very impressive but he faced so many shots, he couldn't stop them all, especially Red Wing shots. If the defense depth improved, he should have some good stats to go along with the show he puts on.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Kapono24 wrote:I've just seen him once when they played Detroit. He was very, very impressive but he faced so many shots, he couldn't stop them all, especially Red Wing shots. If the defense depth improved, he should have some good stats to go along with the show he puts on.

yeah I remember that game. I like Quick, but it still seems like everyone is waiting on Bernier. I think the defense will get better in front of him this season, both because the young guys will get better and because Dean is looking to add a Pronger type to solidify veteran leadership for the kids.

Return to Los Angeles Kings