ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeff Giuliano part XXVIII

spicoli76
Freshman
And1: 0

Jeff Giuliano part XXVIII 

Post#1 » by spicoli76 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:09 am

Well, maybe its not the 28th time that the Kings have recalled Jeff Giuliano from Manchester. Its actually the fifth time since 2005. But I really can't follow Dean and Hextall's thinking with this transaction. Bob Miller & Jim Fox were commenting tonight that the reason the Kings sent Gabe Gauthier back to Manchester was that Gabe doesn't fit the role they were looking for. Bob & Jim said it was because Gabe is a scorer.
Isn't that EXACTLY what the Kings are looking for right now??? Aside from the Kopi/Cammy/Brown line, who is scoring for the Kings right now? Last week's game against Buffalo aside, there is no production coming from the 2nd and 3rd lines. Excuse me - Power Play regular Derek Armstrong just scored his second goal (?!?) of the season while I typed this. But Gabe Gauthier was amongst the AHL leaders in scoring when they called him up weeks ago:

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=1441

The Gabe had 27 points in 21 games down in the "A," for crying out loud! And Gabe is from Torrance, CA!!!!! If the Kings were ever hoping to get Snoop Dogg back from the front row of the Honda Center while watching the Smucks of Anaheim, and back to Staples Center, their best bet was to unleash a mighty NHL scoring phenom who hails from the same zip code as "Crenshaw Blvd!" (that one's for you, Warren G!)

For the life of me, I'll never figure out Dean-O and Crawford.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Number 4.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:24 pm

Cripes, I think we have a screwed up front office, man. I seriously have no faith in these guys anymore. Might as well fire them and hire Kelley Hrudey.

I will say we need the D to be more aggressive in their own zone and stop letting teams cycle so long, but we have also lacked scoring depth. Friggin Armstrong, I think he must have fondled Crawford for his job.
spicoli76
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by spicoli76 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:10 am

Here is a VERY telling stat that reflects how bad the Kings suck this year. They SEVEN players in the top 25 for turnovers:

1st. Visnovsky, 46
2nd. Kopitar, 41
T8th. Brown, 33
T11th. Frolov, 31
T19th. Johnson, 29
T19th. Stuart, 29
T23rd. Cammalleri, 28
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:02 am