Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Thoughts on the Season so far... 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jan 9, 2009 6:35 pm

Where to begin:

overall-
I am really happy with these guys. They play fricken D, I love the youngsters and even OD was a great pickup, and the Coach as performed exactly the way he was meant to, which is shocking.

Injuries-
I've missed watching Jack out there, though it's easy to forget he's recouping while guys like Drew and Kyle and shining brightly. Get Jack out there and sooner or later Hickey and we have a star studded D.

Moller got hurt playing for another team which pisses me off, but I defend his right to represent his country, too. and... it's oscar not Anze.

Offense-
Less than last year, but where did that get us? Frolov has risen to the occasion this year and Simmonds is a great surprise along with steal of the year Kyle Quincey. I look for us to grow on offense and would like to see more out of anze.

Rookie of the Year-

I guess Ryan is making his statement, but Ryan is 23 or 24 and Drew is a teenager. If the Kings make the playoffs and Drew's backsliding stops... I'd much rather have him than any other youngster. Steve Stamkos draft!!? We don't need no stinking Steve Stankmost. We shall refer to that draft as the Drew Doughty Draft.

Coaching-
Mark Hardy and Terry Murray's D philosophies blend well and you can see that. Terry is a super good guy for youth evidently and I admire his presence and balance. I hope he becomes a King legend and can grow with the team, but if they outgrow him, then I will always be thankful for the groundwork he's doing.

Goaltending-
No More Jason! whooo hooo. I was a big fan when he first came up, but he just had a knack for giving up big goals at bad times. I'm much happier with Quick and Ersberg. let's see if either one is the man.

Record... keep pluggin guys we have to start winning more close games.

Return to Los Angeles Kings