Mr. Samsonov

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Mr. Samsonov 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:38 am

Well, we all know how things have gone for Samsonov this year as a member of the Canadiens. Do you see anything happening in the offseason, where we try and get rid of him. I certainly hope so... hes taking up valuable cap space and doing a whole lot of nothing. He's lost complete confidence in his game and the coaches have lost complete confidence in him. I hope we can find way to dump his salary, but the chances that someone is willing to take him it on is slim. Work your magic Gainey!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
TiMacMania
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#2 » by TiMacMania » Tue Apr 3, 2007 2:08 pm

he said he wants out!said that it was a mistake to come to montreal and that he's been fooled! or something like that

there is no way he is coming back to montreal IMO
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:50 pm

TiMacMania wrote:he said he wants out!said that it was a mistake to come to montreal and that he's been fooled! or something like that

there is no way he is coming back to montreal IMO

Yeah I know all this, but he is still under contract for another year. It's not like his contract is all that appealing either with the amount of money he is making compared to his play/stats on the season. Grr... this all never would have happened if Shanahan would have just signed with us instead of the Rangers!! :(
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#4 » by MAS » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:23 pm

He's under contract for another two years I think and I don't think anyone really wants him so it'll be hard to trade him unless you trade a 1st along with him (which might be possible seeing that you have San Jose's 1st)
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:00 pm

MAS wrote:He's under contract for another two years I think and I don't think anyone really wants him so it'll be hard to trade him unless you trade a 1st along with him (which might be possible seeing that you have San Jose's 1st)

Yeah thats always a possibility, with that extra 1st we got for Rivet. But he is only on a 2 year contract at 7.05 million. So after this year he only has a year left on the contract.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171141
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#6 » by Crowned » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:58 pm

Someone with cap room will bite on him, especially with just the one year left on his contract.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:38 pm

Crowned wrote:Someone with cap room will bite on him, especially with just the one year left on his contract.

Man I really hope so. He's been nothing short of disappointing.
BringBackPopeye
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#8 » by BringBackPopeye » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:04 pm

I really can't see anybody taking him, unless the habs have to take some terrible contract in return. Best case scenario is to send him to the minors and have his contract off the books, at least where the salary cap is concerned, or wave him and then call him back up and hope somebody take him. At least they would only be on the hook for half of his salary.

worse case I'm sure the sens would trade him for gerber!
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Crowned » Thu Apr 5, 2007 12:04 am

Samsonov really entered the wrong situation IMO...he chose Montreal based on his contract. Montreal's system really doesn't showcase Samsonov effectively, and would really benefit a new scenerio elsewhere. He isn't that bad of a player, but not worth his contract. I could see someone taking Samsonov at the end of the summer, the teams that strikeout elsewhere...and would like the additional scoring option. Unfortunately, I'm sure the Habs would rather have the extra cap and roster space at the start of the offseason.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 5, 2007 12:55 am

Looks like they could be buying out his contract at the end of the year if all else fails.

http://www.realgmhockey.com/src_wiretap ... _samsonov/
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#11 » by BROWN » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:13 am

Samsanov is a di**, no need to have him on this team, get rid of him.
The Eminence
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#12 » by The Eminence » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:23 am

Wasn't samsanov good in Boston. Once he left Boston for Edmonton, he went down hill only.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:26 am

The Eminence wrote:Wasn't samsanov good in Boston. Once he left Boston for Edmonton, he went down hill only.

He was yes, but even when he was in Edmonton he played well when he got there. He kinda disappeared during their playoff run though, and we all know he's disappeared during this season.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#14 » by BROWN » Mon Apr 9, 2007 8:47 am

Thank god, he's gone.
he was the reason we didnt make the playoffs.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Snayr » Mon Apr 9, 2007 9:40 am

brownwarriors wrote:Thank god, he's gone.

Haha he's not gone yet. He's still a "member" of the Habs.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Crowned » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:46 am

brownwarriors wrote:Thank god, he's gone.

He certainly wasn't the sole reason why the Habs didn't make the playoffs.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Snayr » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:06 am

Crowned wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He certainly wasn't the sole reason why the Habs didn't make the playoffs.

Obviously not, however had Shanny signed with us in the Offseason and we didn't pick up Samsonov, we more than likely would have made the playoffs.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Crowned » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:28 am

Had any other team signed Shanny, they'd be in a better situation as well. Simply, Samsonov isn't a good fit for the Habs style of play. I don't think he considered it when signing, he grabbed the money and ran. He'd be a much better fit elsewhere.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Snayr » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:23 am

Crowned wrote:Had any other team signed Shanny, they'd be in a better situation as well. Simply, Samsonov isn't a good fit for the Habs style of play. I don't think he considered it when signing, he grabbed the money and ran. He'd be a much better fit elsewhere.

Yeah, I just mentioned Shanny though because he was inches away from being a Hab this past offseason. It was the whole school for his kids crap that messed the deal up...

Yeah he'll get bought out for 2.5 million and go and play for another team and put up solid numbers again... ugh.

Return to Montreal Canadiens