The Official Habs 2009-2010 Regular Season Thread

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: The Official Habs 2009-2010 Regular Season Thread 

Post#61 » by Snayr » Fri Jan 1, 2010 5:38 pm

We have two young awesome goaltenders, enough said.

Great to end the 7 game road trip with back to back wins in florida. I'll take 6 of 7 without hesitation, and it could have been 7 of 7 if it wasn't for teh porous reffing in the Ottawa game. There were a number of blatant penalties, yet the Habs don't get one powerplay? Geez.

Anyways, lets get this place bumping a little more fellas! Btw, Kristo looked really good yesterday for the US! Can't wait to see the kid with Hamilton or the big club.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#62 » by Snayr » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 am

Two great back to back outings from Les Habitants! We've played a full 120 mins the past two games, which we haven't seen in a LONG time. Was BGL really that big of an influence on the team as the stories insist?
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by Snayr » Fri Feb 5, 2010 2:52 am

HALAK HALAK HALAK! I honestly don't know how you continue to support Price over Halak sh00n. Halak has overcome all the doubters to become what he is today, whereas Carey was given every chance to succeed. I think Price will become a great goaltender, but it's not going to happen in Montreal. I honestly hope we keep Halak and get a great return on Price!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#64 » by sh00n » Fri Feb 5, 2010 6:00 am

Because Price has shown that he has all the tools to be elite. And it's because of the ****ing media and fans that he's not playing to his full capacity. It reminds me so much of the situation with Bargs and Smitch a few years ago on the Raps. Bargs would come in and be terrified to play his game, because if he made a single mistake he was yanked. Price is always playing with the situation of being pulled for 5 games every time he plays. And Martin keeps putting him in against tough teams as opposed to letting him take a below .500 team and get a win or two.

I like Halak. I just think for the long term, Price will be that guy in Montreal. And I honestly hope Gainey can re-up both of them; they're both restricted so they don't have much leeway in negotiations anyways. I'd rather keep both of them and have them split the games 41-41 and have them both riding hot streaks and being well rested. There's no other team in the NHL that can do that with they're goaltending situation - we have a chance to do that.

As it stands, Price's value is at an all-time low. Do people really think we should be trading him now? REALLY? If we absolutely HAVE to trade on goalie, it would have to be Halak just based on his play alone. With the way he's performing right now, he'll get us a way bigger return.

And I really don't know what the moronic fans in Montreal really think each guy will get us by themselves, anyways. When Huet was playing out of his mind and we traded him, the best we got was a 2nd rounder. Neither guy alone is going to land us an elite player. A borderline All-Star if we lucky, but nothing else. If people in Montreal want an elite player for one of our goalies, we have to include Pleks and there's no way around that.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by Snayr » Sat Feb 6, 2010 1:56 am

The thing that you have to be wary of though is the fact that Halak may be considering bolting to the KHL if feels like he's being slighted by the Habs. They're both young, and they're both HIGHLY skilled, and they both want to play.

I would rather we keep both as well, but I honestly don't see that happening. I also think you underestimate Price's value right now, he's holding his value as he's had a decent season by goalies standards. Not to mention he's only 22, and he's show flashes of brilliance so... To be honest, I love both equally, but I don't see Price being able to thrive under the immense pressure in Montreal after everything that has happened. I guess we'll just have to sit back and wait to see what happens.

On another note, Bob better wake the heck up and freakin' sign Pleks already!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#66 » by sh00n » Sat Feb 6, 2010 6:01 pm

Then its the fans in Montreal's fault - it's their dumb asses that chased Patrick Roy out of town. Price will be able to be the guy in Montreal, it just probably won't happen with Halak here. He needs a veteran back up to give him advice and Halak can't provide that. Regardless, I wish Bob would hurry the **** up and sign Patrick Roy to the coaching staff. Whether it's as goaltending coach or assistant, he needs to be here to give advice to them.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Snayr » Sat Feb 6, 2010 11:20 pm

Bob's been needing to do a lot of things over the years... most of which haven't happened, so... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Great win by the Habs this afternoon! The kid line looked VERY good out there.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#68 » by sh00n » Sat Feb 6, 2010 11:57 pm

Thank God for that fluke goal, too. Cause those two last goals were REALLY soft by Halak's standards.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#69 » by sh00n » Mon Feb 8, 2010 5:17 pm

Man, I actually went to that piece of **** game against Boston yesterday. Left after the third goal.

I was sitting in a section with all Halak nut huggers. They gave him a standing O in the player intro video, and when Carey came on they all started booing as loud as they could. When Halak let in that third goal, they were silent. I let out a few, "CAREY! CAREY!" chants and left.

And yesterday was the epitome of why I don't think Halak can be a number 1 goalie. He can be a top 5 goalie for a good 5 games, and then lets in a total stinker. And he'll keep having bad games like that till you replace him. And you can't have that with a number 1 goalie. Gainey needs to clear cap space and get them both re-signed and make his decision next year.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by Snayr » Mon Feb 8, 2010 5:28 pm

It still would have been 4-3 final had we not had that fluke goal :P Halak wasn't on his best game, but made some clutch stops when needed. That SH goal by Malkin was the D's fault, as Halak was banging his stick the whole time to let them know. He was visibly upset after they allowed that to happen, and rightfully so.
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#71 » by vinsanity09 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:59 am

can't expect to win when you only play for 20 minutes

I was really impressed with Subban, I didn't thought that he would play that good in his debut. I didn't want them to call him up too soon (like Pacioretty or Weber), but if he keeps playing like that, they should let him stick with the big club for the rest of the season
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by Snayr » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:45 am

Yeah he was a joy to watch tonight, made the loss bearable. Price played pretty well after settling down... That first goal was sketchy, should have been goalie interference or impeding the goalie and that 2nd goal Carey let in left a lot to be desired. However, he made some great saves throughout the contest.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#73 » by sh00n » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:46 am

The first and third goals weren't his fault at all. Especially the first - which should've been whistled down or goaltender interference on Hartnell. The third one was just a mess of deflections and he reacted a split second too late.

PK is a horse, the kid has some serious speed and skill.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#74 » by sh00n » Fri Mar 5, 2010 6:21 am

The last two games and especially tonight, Carey showed all the haters why he's going to be a franchise goalie. It's just a total ****ing shame that he has no help in front of him whatsoever while some guys do cartwheels for Halak when he's in nets.
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#75 » by Musashi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:29 am

sh00n wrote:The last two games and especially tonight, Carey showed all the haters why he's going to be a franchise goalie. It's just a total ****ing shame that he has no help in front of him whatsoever while some guys do cartwheels for Halak when he's in nets.

As evidenced by the team that played in front of Price in our win versus the Ducks...
sh00n
RealGM

Post#76 » by sh00n » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:10 am

Musashi wrote:
sh00n wrote:The last two games and especially tonight, Carey showed all the haters why he's going to be a franchise goalie. It's just a total ****ing shame that he has no help in front of him whatsoever while some guys do cartwheels for Halak when he's in nets.

As evidenced by the team that played in front of Price in our win versus the Ducks...

Yep. Hamrlik and Markov might as well just sit on the ice and play patty cake when Carey's in nets, they'd probably be more effective than they have been lately. Then once Carey's finally shown mercy and King Jaro comes in, Anaheim doesn't get a shot on goal for 15 minutes?

Are these guys for ****ing real? It's gotten to the point that I hope we trade Markov at the draft for an impact player and prospects. He's been so damn lazy this year, it's disgusting.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#77 » by zilby » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Spot clinched in the playoffs!!!
Hawaiian pizza is good.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#78 » by BROWN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 am

I met Mike C, love the dude he's such an awesome guy.

OH and Habs out in 4.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#79 » by sh00n » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 am

BROWN wrote:I met Mike C, love the dude he's such an awesome guy.

OH and Habs out in 4.

Habs in 6. Book it. Washington's hopes depend on how long Openthedore's leash is and how fast Varlamov adjusts. If the Habs decide on playing D, they'll get it in 6.

Return to Montreal Canadiens