2009 Off-Season Thread: Habs Edition

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: 2009 Off-Season Thread: Habs Edition 

Post#81 » by sh00n » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:48 am

Kovalev better be re-signed, or Gainey's **** up big time. Our second line will be one of the sisters, Pleks and Tenderness. Ughhh.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#82 » by Musashi » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:02 am

It seems to me someone will be traded...Maybe Hamrlik? Halak is now an untouchable because of his contract...O'byrne/Plekanec/D'agostini/Stewart might also leave...
sh00n
RealGM

Post#83 » by sh00n » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:40 am

Random rumor I heard on the radio was Hamrlik and the rights to Chips for Souray - which I would welcome 10/10 times.

If we did that and managed to bring back Kovalev and Schneider, we'd have THE deadliest powerplay in the league again.

Our ****ing defense would be
Markov/Spacek
Souray/Gorges
Schneider/PK

Intense.
Musashi
Junior

Post#84 » by Musashi » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:20 pm

sh00n wrote:Random rumor I heard on the radio was Hamrlik and the rights to Chips for Souray - which I would welcome 10/10 times.

If we did that and managed to bring back Kovalev and Schneider, we'd have THE deadliest powerplay in the league again.

Our ****ing defense would be
Markov/Spacek
Souray/Gorges
Schneider/PK

Intense.

hehe I would do that trade also...There will be a trade I am sure of it. Beauchemin would still like to play in Montreal...To make it happen we need Hamrlik's money freed up. Don't know what his value is, but we can't go into the season with Pleks as our #2 center...In fact we can't go into the season with Gomez/Pleks/Laps/Metro as our 4 centers :lol:

Hamrlik, Plekanec, O'byrne, Chipchura, Carle, Stewart, D'agostini will be used as trade baits to free up some cap space or get a forward..Still some valuable players out there...
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#85 » by Snayr » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:00 pm

Take this with a grain of salt, but on another board there was a poster stating that Kovalev had been signed, but stated "You guys won't believe me anyways, so I will not be revealing my source".

So... we'll see what happens.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by Snayr » Thu Jul 2, 2009 11:47 pm

Well so much for my last post, just found this (talking about Kovalev):

According to his agent, Montreal is no longer in the mix for him! Life without Koivu AND Kovalev is gonna suck...... I dunno how this team will do without the likes of Kovalev. Say what you will about our new pickups, but they sure as hell aint no Kovalev!

Sad day in Habtown.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Musashi
Junior

Post#87 » by Musashi » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:30 am

Snayr wrote:Well so much for my last post, just found this (talking about Kovalev):

According to his agent, Montreal is no longer in the mix for him! Life without Koivu AND Kovalev is gonna suck...... I dunno how this team will do without the likes of Kovalev. Say what you will about our new pickups, but they sure as hell aint no Kovalev!

Sad day in Habtown.

I am not sad to see Kovalev go...This guy, everywhere he has been, has alienated teammates/coaches. He is talented, and I understand the love he gets, but I don't mind him leaving.

Now Bob Gainey has to work as hard as ever to complete the lineup overhaul!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by Snayr » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:45 am

I personally loved Kovalev, just because of his pure, raw skill that he possessed. It was really unreal seeing that for the seasons he was a Hab. I truthfully wanted to see him re-signed, but we can't all get what we want I guess :(
Musashi
Junior

Post#89 » by Musashi » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:22 pm

Snayr wrote:I personally loved Kovalev, just because of his pure, raw skill that he possessed. It was really unreal seeing that for the seasons he was a Hab. I truthfully wanted to see him re-signed, but we can't all get what we want I guess :(

oh I agree about his skills and watching him put them on display...

Seems that Gainey/Boivin were not satified with the leaders on the team:

http://sport.sympatico.msn.ca/abc/Accueil/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&feedname=CBC_SPORTS_V3_FR&showbyline=True&date=true&newsitemid=440146
sh00n
RealGM

Post#90 » by sh00n » Fri Jul 3, 2009 7:03 pm

Gainey/Boivin should look in the mirror and see fans aren't happy with the leaders on the team, from a management standpoint.
Musashi
Junior

Post#91 » by Musashi » Fri Jul 3, 2009 11:11 pm

sh00n wrote:Gainey/Boivin should look in the mirror and see fans aren't happy with the leaders on the team, from a management standpoint.

Gainey has no plan, no vision. Seems to me he is "building" this team randomly...He destroyed the little positive advantage we had with our cap space in a couple of hours. Hal Gill, for example, why was he signed? Hes a left hander, and does not bring much more (on the ice) than O'byrne (who happens to be a right hand shot, what we need). Thats 2.5 millions wasted to me...And now we will have problems with the cap for the next couple of seasons...And that 2nd line? Man...
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by Snayr » Fri Jul 3, 2009 11:51 pm

To be honest, I liked the Hal Gill signing. He brings in a veteran big stay at home D-Man who is fresh off his best NHL season and winning a Stanley Cup. I think he's going to be a good role model for O'Byrne, and is exactly what we need with losing Komi.

As for the management... don't get me started.
Musashi
Junior

Post#93 » by Musashi » Sat Jul 4, 2009 12:32 am

Snayr wrote:To be honest, I liked the Hal Gill signing. He brings in a veteran big stay at home D-Man who is fresh off his best NHL season and winning a Stanley Cup. I think he's going to be a good role model for O'Byrne, and is exactly what we need with losing Komi.

As for the management... don't get me started.

I respect what Gill brings to the table, I just don't think we needed him. I don't want 2.5 million invested in a 5th/6th d-man...But I hear that Gill is one of the best guys to have in the locker room...Maybe Gainey has plans to trade for a right hand shot to replace Hammer and have Gill play on our 2nd pairing?

As for management, I won't get you started! IN fact I will stop being negative until training camp opens, obviously we are not done reshuffling the lineup and I would much rather hope for the best :)
Musashi
Junior

Post#94 » by Musashi » Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:45 pm

I just realized, since we have so many small players...We have two huge goalies, I say we have them as backups, just in case! Petteri Simila (6'6 189) or Jason Missiaen (6'8 215). Get those two on a hypercaloric diet + boxing/weight lifting sessions...If other teams start making runs at Price, substitute him for one of our goon goalies :)

Hey, Laraque needs help :P
sh00n
RealGM

Post#95 » by sh00n » Mon Jul 6, 2009 6:57 pm

Well, that's it.

Sign me up to the Fire Gainey Bandwagon.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#96 » by BigSlam » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:58 pm

Alex Kovalev to the Sens!! Presser at 4:40pm today.
B B M F 'ers
Musashi
Junior

Post#97 » by Musashi » Mon Jul 6, 2009 8:54 pm

BigSlam wrote:Alex Kovalev to the Sens!! Presser at 4:40pm today.

And Beauchemin to the Leafs. Great signing by Burke, I like the way he thinks...Can we trade Gainey for Burke?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by Snayr » Mon Jul 6, 2009 10:43 pm

Let's start a petition! Snayr for Montreal Canadiens GM! :D haha. I promise you all the fan favs, and I won't overpay to get them! (That's my pitch) :D VOTE SNAYR!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#99 » by sh00n » Tue Jul 7, 2009 12:26 am

Well, looks like I'll have a Sens jersey pretty soon. Going to have a half/half Kovalev Habs/Sens jersey to show Gainey how much of a ****ing moron he is. Watch Saku walk away for nothing now, too.
Musashi
Junior

Post#100 » by Musashi » Tue Jul 7, 2009 1:58 am

Well, I am neutral about Kovalev not coming back. Will miss the occasional flash of brilliance and I will be pissed when he plays like a hall of famer against us but hey...It would have been nice to have something in return (even a 7th rounder...)

Snayr you have my vote...The monkey from TSN would also get my vote ahead of Gainey (I actually think they use the same strategy...)

Is Gainey done? Are we going into the season with only two right shots on D who have little experience? (Weber and O'Byrne, maybe Subban)...What about our 2nd line? There aren't many solutions left on the UFA market...

Return to Montreal Canadiens