2010 Playoffs - Rnd. Two - Habs (8) vs. Pens (4)

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

2010 Playoffs - Rnd. Two - Habs (8) vs. Pens (4) 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:53 am

After an epic 7 game battle (in which we were down 3-1!) vs. the leagues number one team and offensive powerhouse (the Washington Capitals), the Habs, led by a multitude of blocked shots by the D, and by a performance to remember by Jaroslav Halak, are off to the conference semi-finals!

Discuss everything about the Habs vs. Pens series in here!

Go Habs Go!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Re: 2010 Playoffs - Rnd. Two - Habs (8) vs. Pens (4) 

Post#2 » by Joga_Bonito » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:43 am

Im usually on the Raptors board and was surprised there's "some" activity going on here! I don't know how they will come out playing tomorrow, especially since they have only 1 day rest. As much as people praise Halak for his goaltending, people also forget Martin's coaching. I wasn't much of a fan of his because of his style but I didn't think about how defense just like in basketball can win you games, especially in the playoffs. And in the playoffs its no longer about style its about winning. And our "old" guys are really helping the team out. Last, Gainey has been criticized for his moves but it is paying finaly off. I know we're just in the second round but its already a better result than the past years. We'll win tomorrow if we work hard as usual + Halak being a beast. Go Habs go!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Snayr » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:51 am

Yeah, we try to keep it active throughout the year, but people don't really post in here a good bit (such as now) til playoff time. It would be nice to see a bit more activity during the off season and regular season though *hint hint* ;)

Yeah, Martin definitely deserves credit for his adjustments made throughout the series, and for the call to put Halak back in nets after the 1 game hiatus. I thought it was the right call, as Halak got us into the playoffs, so the opportunity to either sink us or carry us was his to bear. Thankfully for us fans, he came out and solidified his name in the record books. A lot of people questioned his ability to win a big game. Well, any more questions? Lol.

As for the moves that Gainey made, I was all for them. 1 thing I was NOT in favour of was Koivu not being re-signed. I still think he should have been re-signed, but what can ya do? Either way, we're starting to see the vision that Gainey had when putting this team together. They may be small physically, but mentally they are strong, and the size of their heart keeps on growing.

Proud of the way these boys battled, and looking forward to tonights match-up vs. the Pens.

Go Habs Go!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Snayr » Sat May 1, 2010 3:07 pm

Tough loss last night, we looked like a tired team. Thanks NHL for being an incompetent bunch and scheduling game one 2 nights after our game 7... idiots.

Anyways, just thought I'd share that I got tickets to game 4 in Mtl, anyone else pick any tickets up this morning?
andreasleo
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by andreasleo » Sun May 2, 2010 9:21 pm

AWESOME win today by the habs! I sacrificed some studying time, and it paid off! Crosby was bottled up tonight and his frustration was at a high. Halak was superb yet again, and our D figured out how to play without markov. Our offence still looks a little lost without markov, but cammy's two timely goals really put us over the top today. Not to mention that Subban is turning into a stud already! Go habs go!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Snayr » Sun May 2, 2010 9:38 pm

Subban is so fun to watch, and has one heck of a hockey IQ. Has great positioning, knows when to make the moves, a great first pass, can rush in himself even! So... loving this kid!

Halak with a great bounce back game this afternoon, started off a bit shaky but really rounded into form! Btw, how does Sid not get an unsportsmanlike for breaking his stick on Halaks goalpost? Come on refs, grow a pair!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#7 » by sh00n » Mon May 3, 2010 8:26 am

Snayr wrote:Subban is so fun to watch, and has one heck of a hockey IQ. Has great positioning, knows when to make the moves, a great first pass, can rush in himself even! So... loving this kid!

Halak with a great bounce back game this afternoon, started off a bit shaky but really rounded into form! Btw, how does Sid not get an unsportsmanlike for breaking his stick on Halaks goalpost? Come on refs, grow a pair!

Honestly, I can see him getting away with it because he's the golden boy of the NHL. I'd rather see him get away with it than Ovechkin, for some reason.

I was a lot more pissed off on the no-call Letang got away with when he hauled down Moore when we were shorthanded and Moore was cutting to the net with the puck.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Snayr » Mon May 3, 2010 8:46 am

Yeah that was about as obvious as they come, especially with the ref within 15 feet of the play happening. But of course it doesn't get called. *rolls eyes*

Anyways, found this on another Habs forum, enjoy :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohs6V0Ej4Ps&[/youtube]
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Snayr » Mon May 3, 2010 9:11 pm

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298352.html

Apparently Cooke is saying he got cut by Subban last game, and that 2 players getting cut by the same player in 2 games is hard to see as a coincidence... What a tool.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Snayr » Thu May 6, 2010 3:43 pm

Heading to game 4 tonight in Mtl, going to be a good one I think! Hope we can be that 6th player on the ice for the Habs as the fans! Lets get LOUD! Go Habs Go!

Look for me on tv! I'll be the ridiculously good looking one :lol:
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Snayr » Fri May 7, 2010 3:58 am

Just got home! WHAT A WIN! And come on guys/gals, WAKE UP! We're 2-2 vs. the Pens right now in the 2nd round of the playoffs, I shouldn't be talking to myself!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#12 » by sh00n » Fri May 7, 2010 11:27 am

Yeah we need more people in here. I visit the Queefs board more than this one; their anguish sustains me. :D
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
kassian
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#13 » by kassian » Fri May 7, 2010 1:52 pm

Series tied.

Yesterday's game was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. Both of Pens' goals resulted due to blatant non-calls.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Snayr » Sun May 9, 2010 5:47 am

Tough loss... Fleury has stepped up his game this series and it's pissing me off.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Snayr » Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Go Habs Go! Looking forward to game 7's win to shut up the idiot Pens fans! :)
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#16 » by SirHuey » Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 am

Great win 8-)!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Snayr » Tue May 11, 2010 1:58 am

MeloisMVP wrote:Great win 8-)!

Darn right!

Halak made big saves, despite letting that one softy in, was great to see him bounce back. What can I say about the D? Again, great effort all around! Cammy... League leading 11 goals in the playoffs, 'nuff said!

Laps... I've been hard on him all season, but he's really stepped up his game these playoffs. Hope he's back next year!

Bring on game 7! GO HABS GO!
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#18 » by vinsanity09 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 am

Game 7!!!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Snayr » Tue May 11, 2010 2:13 am

Just thought I would mention the following 2 stats:

The Hamilton Bulldogs, the Habs farm team, won their series in 6 tonight, and are off to the next round. The Habs are the only NHL team to have their farm team still in the playoffs along with themselves. Booyah! Go Habs Go!

Oh, and that PK Subban kid... 29:11 time played tonight. WOW!
kassian
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#20 » by kassian » Tue May 11, 2010 2:37 am

What a game. Lapierre redeemed himself for his bad season, and now Habs could pull the biggest upsets in history.

GO HABS GO!!!

Return to Montreal Canadiens