Habs 2011-2012 Regular Season

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Habs 2011-2012 Regular Season 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:10 am

Well, the Habs are off to a torrid start... of suckage. The schedule isn't going to be getting any easier any time soon, so here's hoping the boys pick it up.

For those of you interested, this is an article I wrote on Carey Price: http://puckislife.com/?p=143

July 30th, 2005 is not a day any self-proclaimed Montreal Canadiens fan can forget. A few days earlier, the Montreal Canadiens surprisingly ended up with the 5th overall pick in the NHL draft, being one of 16 teams with a single lottery ball. Statistically speaking the Canadiens should have been picking from anywhere between 14-30, but with a stroke of luck (which, let’s be honest… a lot of us thought we might just grab that number 1 pick) they wound up at number 5.

On draft day, all the talk was about the Canadiens needing that big center, or that big defenseman on the back end to solidify the defensive corps. So when the Canadiens picked goaltender Carey Price with the 5th pick in the draft, as fans we didn’t really know what to do. Why were the Canadiens picking a goalie when they already had the 2002 Vezina and Hart trophy winner Jose Theodore in nets? Weren’t there greater needs? To this day, I can still hear Pierre McGuire’s ever-so-annoying voice freaking out about the Canadiens pick, and sounding particularly dumbfounded.

Would appreciate any feedback, as I try to sort of hone my writing skills.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Re: Habs 2011-2012 Regular Season 

Post#2 » by spykelee » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:45 am

Man we need to get rid of Martin. I'm not just saying that because of our bad start, I've always hated that guy.

Montreal is a speed team, and yet this guy is all about defense, defense, defense. Not saying it isn't important, it obviously is, but I watch montreal and I just don't find them playing into there strength's. And this guy couldn't figure out how to put a line together if it bit him in the face... Pleks on the PP on defense even though that was brutal all pre-season long. quit juggling lines constantly and let some chemistry develop

And good write up Snayr. I enjoyed it. Sorry, I have little to offer in terms of advice. I thought it was good. I guess if anything, I'd just suggest something to make it unique. You need to have something to offer that people can't find anywhere else. But otherwise, I thought it was solid.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by spykelee » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 am

Please FIRE Martin!!!!!!

Why the hell did we win the draw, and then go for a line change in O.T while the puck is still in our damn end? This guy is f'n clueless. I'm so sick and tired of watching Montreal just hang on defensivly, and generate $hit offensively. It's been the same story ever since this clown took over. Please get rid of him and take Gauthier's stupid ass with him. These Ottawa assclowns are completely clueless.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by spykelee » Sat Nov 5, 2011 2:13 am

Good W tonight. The habs are starting to look a little bit better... Good to see Cole maybe startin to heat up... But the sens looked absolutely brutal tonight which could have been a factor as to why we actually looked decent.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by spykelee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 am

does anyone exist here?
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,453

Post#6 » by Morris_Shatford » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Best team in the East has 37, Habs have 29 points.
Its a pretty close pack, I suspect the Kaberle move was the first of many.

Its coming up on poop or get off the pot time,
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#7 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Two in a row;
Basically a point out of the playoffs.

Tomas Kaberle played just under 17 minutes and racked up an assist;
David Desharnais keeps winning faceoffs!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by spykelee » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 pm

So how'd you like Gauthier's Haul on the Camm's trade? What a joke. Please get rid of this clown and get somebody competent in here to do this re-build properly.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by spykelee » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:04 am

Dark season, but a sweet W tonight! Always good to beat the leafs, especially in Toronto on HNIC! Go habs go!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by spykelee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:38 am

How bout that W tonight against the Wings? A plethora of goals.

Good ol PK gettin benched for takin a stupid penalty. I see the media talkin about if this guy is available that everyone should be jumping on that... where there's smoke, there's a fire, perhaps there is no untouchable.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by spykelee » Wed Feb 8, 2012 3:17 am

You know what's brutal? Montreal is 2 for 7 in shootout's this season, and Carey Price is arguably one of the best goaltenders in the league on them. Maybe we should pick up Kyle Wellwood just so we can eek out a few more shootout victories.

Nonetheless, nice W tonight against the Pens.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by spykelee » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:22 am

Just over a year later and what do ya know, Scottie G hit's the back of the twine for and helps us get a W!! Can't say I saw that coming :)
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by spykelee » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 am

Horrible season, but another W over the leafers!! That Lars Eller goal undressing Phanuef was awesome!
Jay_Hawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 144

Post#14 » by Jay_Hawk » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:18 am

Great game. My hope is that the same thing happens on the last day of the season, and it leads to the Leafs landing in 9th. :D

Props to Brunoskull for the sig.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#15 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Jay_Hawk wrote:Great game. My hope is that the same thing happens on the last day of the season, and it leads to the Leafs landing in 9th. :D

:lol:
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by spykelee » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:55 am

T'was a solid game against Vancity tonight. The habs looked like world beaters honestly. In the last few games they've looked pretty sharp. Been especially impressed with there aggressive penalty killing. I much prefer that to laying back and clogging lanes. Take away teams time and space and be aggressive. Not sure if this run of late is because all the pressure is off, or if it's because some of the problems on this team are gone and the team is starting to gel a little bit...

Either way been nice to see. Geoffrian nabbed his first goal in a habs uni tonight. Gotta figure that puck will be off to the hall!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#17 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Happy as heck to see Andrei Markov back;
Markov/Kaberle may be interesting an interesting option on the PP.

While I loved the win, I am firmly on tank nation at this point.
Right now Mikhail Grigorenko, Nail Yakupov, and Filip Forsberg are reason enough to cheer for losses.

I think that both Grigorenko & Yakupov have All Star potential, and in Forsberg's case he is so young and already so gifted he may be the best guy to come out of the draft if he keeps developing at this rate.
Jay_Hawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 144

Post#18 » by Jay_Hawk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:Happy as heck to see Andrei Markov back;

Right now Mikhail Grigorenko, Nail Yakupov, and Filip Forsberg are reason enough to cheer for losses.

I think that both Grigorenko & Yakupov have All Star potential, and in Forsberg's case he is so young and already so gifted he may be the best guy to come out of the draft if he keeps developing at this rate.

I'm with you on the tanking part. I'd be very happy with any of those three picks- especially Nail. I highly doubt this would be the case, but I wonder if Nail being out for the rest of the OHL season will affect his draft stock...

I was really hoping we'd lose to EDM last week (could've slided us into the 2nd pick) and the win against VAN didn't help, but meh, a positive here or there doesn't hurt.

Props to Brunoskull for the sig.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#19 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Jay_Hawk wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:Happy as heck to see Andrei Markov back;

I'm with you on the tanking part. I'd be very happy with any of those three picks- especially Nail. I highly doubt this would be the case, but I wonder if Nail being out for the rest of the OHL season will affect his draft stock...

I was really hoping we'd lose to EDM last week (could've slided us into the 2nd pick) and the win against VAN didn't help, but meh, a positive here or there doesn't hurt.

I think Yakupov is such a stud that its unlikely he goes later then 2.
The great thing with this draft is that Dumba & Murray are guys who I see going Top Five, with Dumba either one or two (Most likely two) and the Isles and Oilers both being teams that I suspect need defense man may take Dumba and Murray 2/3 if they draft above us.

The Coats (IMO) are taking Nail, lock that one up!
But if we draft 3/4 and the Oil take Dumba I am perfectly content with Grigorenko as the consolation prize.

I firmly believe that Grigorenko is the most talented player in the draft, its just an issue that Yakupov is such a worker and has so much talent whereas Grigorenko (Who was the consensus #1 walking into this season) is seen as lackadaisical, but even still I would take that chance!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#20 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 am

Fail 4 Nail!

Return to Montreal Canadiens