What really propelled the Habs?

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

What really propelled the Habs? 

Post#1 » by bryant08 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:23 am

As I've said before, I am a Leafs fan, but have started watching more and more Canadiens game to unravel what the team looks like now and what they will look like in the future. I still am not sure what really pushed them over the hump this season, but what do you guys think it is? I mean, the emergence of Plekanec, the new Alexei Kovalev, consistent goaltending, solid defense (KOMI!!!) they have a number of big stories this year. What really separated them this season from the Canadiens team of the past?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#2 » by Snayr » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:19 pm

I think it was really all of the rooks stepping up bigtime. Not only wanting to crack the lineup, but really wanting to make their mark and produce and put up big numbers. Obviously The "New" Alex Kovalev has really helped as well.

Overall the whole team is really quite close and tight knit. So they take what they have in the locker room and use it out on the ice as well. You can see the chemistry, watching some of the plays out there.

It's just been really great watching it all unfold this year. The future is SO bright.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#3 » by sh00n » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 am

I think a subtle yet huge change was getting rid of Samsonov. He was separating the locker room and I believe he was turning Kovalev on the team. Now that he's gone Alexei has finally taken to a leadership role and it's showing in the emergence of Pleks and the Kotstitsyns.

And then of course having Carey Price doesn't hurt.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#4 » by BROWN » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:04 pm

Samsonov getting out.
and
Carey price stepping up.
Kovalev as captain and the fans ....
jayme2008
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by jayme2008 » Wed Apr 9, 2008 8:22 pm

Snayr wrote:I think it was really all of the rooks stepping up bigtime. Not only wanting to crack the lineup, but really wanting to make their mark and produce and put up big numbers. Obviously The "New" Alex Kovalev has really helped as well.

Overall the whole team is really quite close and tight knit. So they take what they have in the locker room and use it out on the ice as well. You can see the chemistry, watching some of the plays out there.

It's just been really great watching it all unfold this year. The future is SO bright.

As of now the future does look good.But look at next year for exzample.The habs have a lot of ufa they likely will not resign all of them.Then you take how strong the east will be nect year.Habs don't blow this year.

Return to Montreal Canadiens