Saying Goodbye to the 07-08 season Saying hello to 08-09!

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Saying Goodbye to the 07-08 season Saying hello to 08-09! 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Sat May 10, 2008 9:34 pm

Alright guys, we all saw and didn't like how the Habs went out in the 2nd round this season, but after hearing the critics at the start of the season, how many of us believed we'd be one of the best teams in the NHL?

Personally I thought that we'd be making the playoffs, regardless of what the critics said... however I'll be honest that I did NOT see us finishing the season at the top of the Eastern Conference. But the young guys stepped up, and showed the league what they're capable of. We traded away our starting goalie and handed the 20 year old Carey Price the reigns to our hockey club for a VERY long and (I would imagine) prosperous time. So the future is bright, and lets look forward as opposed to backwards!!

2008-2009 is going to be another great season for us and I am sooooo looking forward to it!! I figured I'd post this now since we've had a week to wind down and for the loss wear off a little. So let's keep cheering loud and keeping this forum active throughout the offseason! Just because there aren't any Habs playing right now, doesn't mean there isn't anything to talk about! :) And without further adieu...

GO HABS GO! :clap:
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by Snayr » Fri May 23, 2008 9:19 am

C'mon guys! Don't tell me you were all bandwagon fans now!!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
ygrr
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by ygrr » Mon May 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Sorry for not posting in a while...
I was still hurt from the second round lost and watching the flyers get owned by pitsburg got me even more pissed off...
I hope we dont see many changes in the club this summer because the chemistry was amazing... The season was by far the best one for me in all my habs season.
Good news is that Andrei Kostityn will be coming back next year
I hope Streit comes back even if he was awfull in post season
Price...what to say about my boy Price, rest rest and rest bud.
I hope we have enough cap space and sign a 50 goal scorer this year
is there any free agents this year that we should try to sign?
Already looking foward for the next season!
Now im off golfing and see you all in fall lol
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Snayr » Thu May 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Personally I'm glad that Philly got owned in the finals and didnt advance. I wanted to see the Pens go on, and want to see them win the cup. I hear rumours that we're possibly in the hunt to sign Mats Sundin... we'll see how that goes.

Anyways, you better come back before the fall, this forum is still here even if the Habs are playing or not ;) There is always new news!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#5 » by spykelee » Sat May 31, 2008 2:36 am

I can't be bothered to post in the hockey section of realgm ever... but i was bored at work and perusing around, and i checked out the montreal forum for the first time in... well ever i think.

I see my old 3:00am pal Snayr is a mod here... all the more reason to drop in and drop off my support

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Gainey is the man and I ain't no bandwagon fan. Loved the habs since childhood, through thick and thin. live in T.O. hate the leafs, hate the fan590 and all the hockey nutcases in this crazy city. Les Habitans!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Habs Go!!
ygrr
Junior

Post#6 » by ygrr » Sat May 31, 2008 10:50 pm

Having Mat Sundin in a habs uniform would be crazy!
take that leafs fans! haha
I have not heard much about habs these days and it sucks!
Gainey will probably pull a move soon...

Ps:Lakers and celtics.....go celtics.(Im a hater,what can I say)
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#7 » by a-rod » Mon Jun 2, 2008 2:08 am

Snayr, Thank you for welcoming me here, i will always be a faithful and devoted habs fan 8)......

its good to be a habs fan right now the future is bright..........

btw my first season as canadiens fan has been great.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Snayr » Tue Jun 3, 2008 6:53 pm

spykelee wrote:I can't be bothered to post in the hockey section of realgm ever... but i was bored at work and perusing around, and i checked out the montreal forum for the first time in... well ever i think.

I see my old 3:00am pal Snayr is a mod here... all the more reason to drop in and drop off my support

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Gainey is the man and I ain't no bandwagon fan. Loved the habs since childhood, through thick and thin. live in T.O. hate the leafs, hate the fan590 and all the hockey nutcases in this crazy city. Les Habitans!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Habs Go!!

Heyyyy Spyke!! Never knew you were a Habs fun buddy! You should grace us with your presence a bit more often around here :) Would love to have ya.

ygrr wrote:Having Mat Sundin in a habs uniform would be crazy!
take that leafs fans! haha
I have not heard much about habs these days and it sucks!
Gainey will probably pull a move soon...

Ps:Lakers and celtics.....go celtics.(Im a hater,what can I say)

Lol, Having Mats as a Hab would be nice, so long as we didn't have to overpay him... it would give us a couple more years for our young guns to develop a bit more, and get tutored under him. And yeah, not too much Habs news as of right now with the whole Stanley Cup finals going on... but the Draft is right around the corner.

a-rod wrote:Snayr, Thank you for welcoming me here, i will always be a faithful and devoted habs fan 8)......

its good to be a habs fan right now the future is bright..........

btw my first season as canadiens fan has been great.

The future is definitely bright!!! And you're always welcome here A-Rod, it's been a pleasure. And I'm glad we could be a part of your first season as a Habs fan :)

And to finish it all off...

GO HABS GO!!!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#9 » by sh00n » Thu Jun 5, 2008 3:08 am

Finally my internet is back frig. Been having trouble with it for ages now.

I've been hearing that we're going after Lacavalier this summer; here's hoping!
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Snayr » Fri Jun 6, 2008 1:42 am

sh00n wrote:Finally my internet is back frig. Been having trouble with it for ages now.

I've been hearing that we're going after Lacavalier this summer; here's hoping!

Good to see ya back man, I hate internet troubles, eh? As for the whole Lecavalier deal, we're hearing that ever summer lol. We'll have to see what happens, but it's probably as likely as last season.
ygrr
Junior

Post#11 » by ygrr » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:20 pm

Word on the street is that Gainey has started to deal with Kostityn and Streit.
I just hope we sign them at a reasonable price so we can get free agents!
I heard that Mat sundin wants 7 million a year, if this is true, one word for ya bud...NEXT!
I heard some rumours about Lecavalier but nothing special.
He mentionned he loves Montreal style of hockey and made it clear he is a free agent next summer...
Congratz to the wings!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Snayr » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:02 am

Yeah I'm kind of thinking we should hold off on the free agents this summer unless we can pickup Hossa or Malone reasonably... If not we should wait for Vinny to be a FA next season and make a run at him.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Saying Goodbye to the 07-08 season Saying hello to 08-09! 

Post#13 » by sh00n » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Looks like all those options are off, Snayr. :P

Malone's going to Tampa and Vinny got a nice deal from them too. :P

Love that we got Tanguay, if Sundin wants 7 mill for one year, I wouldn't mind have him as a rental. As long as we re-sign Kostitsyn and maybe Streit. I doubt he asks for that much though.

Return to Montreal Canadiens