ImageImageImage

Game 53: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers (9:30 CST)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Who wins?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:07 pm

Minnesota Timberwolves
83%
Los Angeles Clippers
17%

Total votes: 18

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,809

Re: Game 53: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers (9:30 CST) 

Post#121 » by winforlose » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:57 am

Nick K wrote:
winforlose wrote:Did KAT even play in the fourth? Damn glad we got some extra rest on the front end of R/R B2B.

He played 27 minutes and went for 24 on 8 of 12 field. 7 of 8 from the line.

I don't hear any more KAT trade talk....I wonder why?

Kat trade talk was finger nails on a chalk board to me.

On the season Kat is shooting 51.6 fg% 44.2 3pt% 87.1 ft. Those numbers are amazing. By any standards.

The trade Karl was never about him being bad. It was about him being peak value. This dude is proving Big KAT’s don’t fear anything.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,036

Post#122 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:57 am

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,109

Post#123 » by Nick K » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 am

Calinks wrote:It's time again for some quotes from the other team.

I’ll be honest. We basically need to pray some team knocks off the Wolves.
Our FO felt confident about our team this trade deadline because we were cooking, but is blatantly obvious we REALLY struggle against size and length. Minnesota is huge and full of two way players, and we are bothered offensively and struggle defensively.
I’d rather take on Denver than Minnesota based on what we’ve seen. Russ is effectively unplayable against Gobert, and outside of Zu, Mason and Theis are basically useless against them too.

Minnesota’s defense is ******* real y’all. Sure, it’s easier to game plan for teams when you’re matched up with them in the playoffs. But they’re def gonna make us work every single game if we end up against them.
I wish we saw more Zu out there. He’s unfortunately gonna have to play like 30+ against big teams

Timberwolves are regular season juggernauts but nobody cares in the playoffs. Same as all those Jazz teams.

The Wolves are legit. I actually think they're a worst match up for us than Denver.

You can’t beat this wolves team without a stretch 5. Gobert is a 3 time DPOY, can’t let him camp the paint

Teams to avoid in the playoffs:
Minnesota ✅
New Orleans ✅
they simply own us, I'm afraid

WOW! Thanks a million for posting that. I'm going to read that again. I can't remember ever reading something like that about our Wolves ever! From a really good team that is.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 209

Post#124 » by Loaf_of_bread » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:01 am

Calinks wrote:Make no mistake gentlemen, this is a huge win. Not only did we beat the Clippers, we beat a Clippers team that is maybe the hottest team in the NBA right now over the last several weeks. We also beat them at home when they had every reason and want to get this won. Winning a road game like this is tough. Not only did we do all that, we dominated them.

This is a demoralizing loss for the Clippers team and a big statement win for our team. Add the Bucks blowout on top of this and we got a chance to build on some serious momentum after the all-star break. The slump may be over and if it is, the league is in trouble.

Agree. This was huge. Rudy is a consummate professional. We would not be in this position without him. If ant and Kat can somehow feed off of Rudy's and Mike's maturity, yes we are scary...I just don't quite see it yet. Worried rudy/mike will fall off once Kat/ant are there. At least Connelly put us in a position where we have a chance.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#125 » by Nick K » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:02 am

winforlose wrote:
FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Perfect night . Défense can make you win games! Rudy Dpoy, Ant superstar level apart from 3. Starters rest in the fourth for tomorrow. Really impressive win.

No game will ever prove the following concept more than this one. “Stat lines do not, cannot, and will never truly tell the story of Rudy’s impact on a game. On either side of the ball.”

This is the Rudy I thought we traded for last year. The coaches are finally using him right. Letting him do what he does best. He has been amazing.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#126 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:03 am

Nick K wrote:
Calinks wrote:It's time again for some quotes from the other team.

I’ll be honest. We basically need to pray some team knocks off the Wolves.
Our FO felt confident about our team this trade deadline because we were cooking, but is blatantly obvious we REALLY struggle against size and length. Minnesota is huge and full of two way players, and we are bothered offensively and struggle defensively.
I’d rather take on Denver than Minnesota based on what we’ve seen. Russ is effectively unplayable against Gobert, and outside of Zu, Mason and Theis are basically useless against them too.

Minnesota’s defense is ******* real y’all. Sure, it’s easier to game plan for teams when you’re matched up with them in the playoffs. But they’re def gonna make us work every single game if we end up against them.
I wish we saw more Zu out there. He’s unfortunately gonna have to play like 30+ against big teams

Timberwolves are regular season juggernauts but nobody cares in the playoffs. Same as all those Jazz teams.

The Wolves are legit. I actually think they're a worst match up for us than Denver.

You can’t beat this wolves team without a stretch 5. Gobert is a 3 time DPOY, can’t let him camp the paint

Teams to avoid in the playoffs:
Minnesota ✅
New Orleans ✅
they simply own us, I'm afraid

WOW! Thanks a million for posting that. I'm going to read that again. I can't remember ever reading something like that about our Wolves ever! From a really good team that is.

One of them declared we are going to suck come playoff time.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,502

Post#127 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:03 am

There are a few teams that could give us difficulties in the playoffs. I am not convinced that the Clippers are one of them. Far too reliant on isolations, which plays right to the strength of the defense.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
casteral
Junior
And1: 104

Post#128 » by casteral » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:04 am

let's continue this momentum with the upcoming 2 games against portand pre all star break, need to keep taking care of business and destroy this awful blazers team
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#129 » by Nick K » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
winforlose wrote:Did KAT even play in the fourth? Damn glad we got some extra rest on the front end of R/R B2B.

On the season Kat is shooting 51.6 fg% 44.2 3pt% 87.1 ft. Those numbers are amazing. By any standards.

Holy sheet. 44.2 from 3. That is freaking unreal.

Yep. As from the great movie Stripes...."Son of beach", "Sheet". :D
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#130 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:06 am

Klomp wrote:There are a few teams that could give us difficulties in the playoffs. I am not convinced that the Clippers are one of them. Far too reliant on isolations, which plays right to the strength of the defense.

The Clippers closed the half on a 20-6 run against us to take the half time lead. Come the third quarter we said hell no and the beatdown was on.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#131 » by Nick K » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:07 am

winforlose wrote:
Nick K wrote:

The trade Karl was never about him being bad. It was about him being peak value. This dude is proving Big KAT’s don’t fear anything.

You keep your best players because you never get fair value for them in return.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,754

Post#132 » by TimberKat » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:11 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Calinks wrote:Make no mistake gentlemen, this is a huge win. Not only did we beat the Clippers, we beat a Clippers team that is maybe the hottest team in the NBA right now over the last several weeks. We also beat them at home when they had every reason and want to get this won. Winning a road game like this is tough. Not only did we do all that, we dominated them.

This is a demoralizing loss for the Clippers team and a big statement win for our team. Add the Bucks blowout on top of this and we got a chance to build on some serious momentum after the all-star break. The slump may be over and if it is, the league is in trouble.

You forgot something. We blew them out shooting 32.4% from deep with at least 2 of our 11 makes in garbage time. 9 of 32 is 28.12%. This was one of our worst 3 point shooting games, and we still crushed a small ball 5 out team. Big ball is REAL!!!!

Big Ball has always been real. :D

Don't get me started again - But we've got the biggest balls of them all! :lol:
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,754

Post#133 » by TimberKat » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:13 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:

Holy sheet. 44.2 from 3. That is freaking unreal.

But he needs to shoot FTs better :D
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#134 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:23 am

TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
You forgot something. We blew them out shooting 32.4% from deep with at least 2 of our 11 makes in garbage time. 9 of 32 is 28.12%. This was one of our worst 3 point shooting games, and we still crushed a small ball 5 out team. Big ball is REAL!!!!

Big Ball has always been real. :D

Don't get me started again - But we've got the biggest balls of them all! :lol:

Some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure, they're the balls that I like best.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,868

Post#135 » by Calinks » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:37 am

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 515

Post#136 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:11 am

winforlose wrote:
FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Perfect night . Défense can make you win games! Rudy Dpoy, Ant superstar level apart from 3. Starters rest in the fourth for tomorrow. Really impressive win.

No game will ever prove the following concept more than this one. “Stat lines do not, cannot, and will never truly tell the story of Rudy’s impact on a game. On either side of the ball.”

Totally agree with that, would say the same for Mike. People way too focus in data. As an old NBA follower, i 'm more interesting to look how team is organize, play defense, all the small things you don't see on data but make you win games.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,809

Post#137 » by winforlose » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:02 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Totally agree with that, would say the same for Mike. People way too focus in data. As an old NBA follower, i 'm more interesting to look how team is organize, play defense, all the small things you don't see on data but make you win games.

Rudy was given a post game interview. The question was poorly phrased, but basically it amounted to her saying guys are afraid of you in the paint. Rudy’s answer was “as they should be.” Bad *** :) :) :)
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#138 » by Guest84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Another thing I like, is that KAT has no longer been falling on every drive. Someone must've made it a point to correct that. The team has been in much better defensive position due to this as well.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,887

Post#139 » by Domejandro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:12 pm

Klomp wrote:There are a few teams that could give us difficulties in the playoffs. I am not convinced that the Clippers are one of them. Far too reliant on isolations, which plays right to the strength of the defense.

If Minnesota gets the New Orleans Pelicans in the first round, I think the team is cooked. They are legitimately the team I am most terrified of.
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 108

Post#140 » by cmoss84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 pm

Domejandro wrote:

If Minnesota gets the New Orleans Pelicans in the first round, I think the team is cooked. They are legitimately the team I am most terrified of.

I know Zion is the guy that has arguably dominated us the most this year...for those of you who know more about Marcus Morris than myself, is he the guy that could guard/frustrate Zion for 15 minutes to keep everyone a little more fresh?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves