ImageImageImageImageImage

Avery out 4 weeks

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Avery out 4 weeks 

Post#1 » by Slamm Goodbody » Mon Oct 8, 2007 2:06 pm

Newsday - Rangers forward Sean Avery is expected to miss four weeks with a Grade 2 separation of the left shoulder, the team said Sunday night. After a shoulder-to-shoulder hit from Ottawa's Chris Neil, Avery, his left arm dangling, left the ice at 7:38 of the first period in the 2-0 loss to the Senators on Saturday night.

Neil received two minutes for elbowing, but Rangers coach Tom Renney said after the game: "I thought he [Neil] left his feet ... I don't think he was going after his head."

Without Avery, the Rangers (1-1), who have three new centers and have been searching for chemistry, will have to adjust. The team did not immediately announce any call-ups from the Hartford Wolf Pack, although the next game isn't until Wednesday. Marcel Hossa, a healthy scratch for the first two games, will likely play in that game.

LAME. We're going to miss Avery big time. I hope Hossa can step in and do a nice job, but he's a very different player and can't provide all the pesty stuff Avery brings to the table.
Mardy Collins Superfan
ijag23
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#2 » by ijag23 » Mon Oct 8, 2007 4:19 pm

:banghead:

Return to New York Rangers