Lack of action?

Moderator: BigSlam

Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer
And1: 45

Lack of action? 

Post#1 » by Blazer_2458 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:04 am

With the season coming up quickly, anyone else concerned that Murray has done little to improve the team?

I mean adding Smith, Ruutu, and Auld is nice but does that really bring us to where we want to be. i understand that Ottawa is in some type of limbo, not knowing whether to go for it all or rebuild since our stars re signed longterm, but it just seems like theres a total lack of direction.

And about the Mezaros situation, i dont see why Murray is playing the game with him. Yes Murray will end up on the winning side this season as Mezaros will probably end up signing for the QO, but next season he will go to arbitration and we will be screwed. If i was Murray it would be take it or leave it. If you dont want to play for a justifiable amount (salary lower than Phillips) than we dont want you here. Worst case scenario, Mezaros becomes the next Yashin and we end up getting another good player out of a deal!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Lack of action? 

Post#2 » by sh00n » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Looks like you guys dealt Mezaros.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Dennis Vial
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Lack of action? 

Post#3 » by Dennis Vial » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Blazer_2458 wrote:I mean adding Smith, Ruutu, and Auld is nice but does that really bring us to where we want to be. i understand that Ottawa is in some type of limbo, not knowing whether to go for it all or rebuild since our stars re signed longterm, but it just seems like theres a total lack of direction.

As I mentioned in another post a few minutes ago, when your payroll is primarily taken up by 4 players, it leaves you very limited. I think Murray did the best that he could work with, but either Heatley or Spezza will have to be used as bait to attract some sort of borderline star goaltending soon. We can't continue acquiring back-up goalies so we can convert them to starters. Until we fix that problem the Sens won't see the Cup Finals anytime soon.

Return to Ottawa Senators