ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Plummets 1/3 8PM EST. 15-19 is oogly

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,397

Re: GT: Nets @ Plummets 1/3 8PM EST. 15-19 is oogly 

Post#61 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:24 am

An absolute disaster. This is not even a play in team anymore. I think I am done with this team until there is a shakeup with the roster and/or management.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#62 » by NetsJets » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:25 am

At least let Cam Thomas play in garbage time instead of Royce O’Neale.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 265

Post#63 » by Dangun » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:29 am

Nets sure look happy to lose
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#64 » by Dangun » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:31 am

Does JV seriously have a problem with Thomas ? Why not let Thomas play some garbage minutes to get some confidence back .. it’s not like he throws him in there for close game situations now that’s hes back to the bench smh
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#65 » by Dangun » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:35 am

This was a wack ass game .. ima go roll me a joint.. see y’all at the next one
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#66 » by bubonicphoniks » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:52 am

Dangun wrote:Does JV seriously have a problem with Thomas ? Why not let Thomas play some garbage minutes to get some confidence back .. it’s not like he throws him in there for close game situations now that’s hes back to the bench smh
Who cares about Cam? Why give a selfish player garbage time minutes to work out his iso game. He had his chances the last 2 games when it mattered.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,044

Post#67 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:09 am

I really don't understand how basically everyone on this team has regressed.

Bridges, Dinwiddie, Claxton are all WAY worse than last year.

We were a decent team last year post 7/11.

If we had our picks I wouldn't even care. But this is basically the same thing post Celtics trade.

Can't wait to see the next Tatum/Brown in Houston.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,397

Post#68 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:15 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I really don't understand how basically everyone on this team has regressed.

If we had our picks I wouldn't even care. But this is basically the same thing post Celtics trade.

We actually weren't a good team post 7/11. We had a losing record and barely held on to the 6th seed where we were completely outmatched bu PHI. Everyone that was acquired forgot how to shoot except for Bridges.
kane0801
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#69 » by kane0801 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:49 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:
Dangun wrote:Does JV seriously have a problem with Thomas ? Why not let Thomas play some garbage minutes to get some confidence back .. it’s not like he throws him in there for close game situations now that’s hes back to the bench smh
Who cares about Cam? Why give a selfish player garbage time minutes to work out his iso game. He had his chances the last 2 games when it mattered.

Yup,CT is just a inefficiency volume shooter but people in this forum think he is next kobe,he already have many chance to prove himself this season but so far he prove nothing
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#70 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:52 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I really don't understand how basically everyone on this team has regressed.

We actually weren't a good team post 7/11. We had a losing record and barely held on to the 6th seed where we were completely outmatched bu PHI. Everyone that was acquired forgot how to shoot except for Bridges.

I never said we were a good team.

But we were basically around .500. We were still WAY better than this year.

Last year we beat Miami in a must win to secure a 6 seed and forced them into a play in. Bridges was basically putting up All NBA type numbers.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#71 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:53 am

kane0801 wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:

Yup,CT is just a inefficiency volume shooter but peopke in this forum think he is next kobe,he already have many chance to prove himself this season but so far he prove nothing

LOL he had 2 bad games and suddenly hes trash. Ok.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#72 » by bubonicphoniks » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:37 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
kane0801 wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:Who cares about Cam? Why give a selfish player garbage time minutes to work out his iso game. He had his chances the last 2 games when it mattered.

Yup,CT is just a inefficiency volume shooter but peopke in this forum think he is next kobe,he already have many chance to prove himself this season but so far he prove nothing

He's not trash but theres more to the game than PPG. Can brings nothing...zip. zero. Other than scoring. He is one of the worst NBA passers, he doesnt rebound, he doesnt do anything other than want the ball and go iso.

Factor that and the fact that he hasnt made 1 bucket in two games and thats his only skill and yeah, guys are gonna be down on him.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#73 » by Eatgreenz » Thu Jan 4, 2024 11:28 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
kane0801 wrote:Yup,CT is just a inefficiency volume shooter but peopke in this forum think he is next kobe,he already have many chance to prove himself this season but so far he prove nothing

He's not trash but theres more to the game than PPG. Can brings nothing...zip. zero. Other than scoring. He is one of the worst NBA passers, he doesnt rebound, he doesnt do anything other than want the ball and go iso.

Factor that and the fact that he hasnt made 1 bucket in two games and thats his only skill and yeah, guys are gonna be down on him.

1000% plus his man and team defense is horrendous. The guy is a 22yr old lou Williams right now. But the nets community treats him like his baby kobe.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,497

Post#74 » by Stone » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:16 pm

We gambled on KD, Kyrie and Harden and we lost. Now the bill is due and we have to pay. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to sign two of the leagues top free agent players. Before Kyrie decided to "Come home" and bring KD along, who was our biggest free agent signing?

It's midnight, your out with your friends and you know you got to be up the next day at 6:00am. Someone buys a round of shots or a line for everyone, it's a special occasion and you take it knowing you're going to be hurting the next morning. And that is where we are at right now, the hangover after the party. Barring a massive stroke of good luck, we got at least three more years paying the price.

Not every GM out there has the balls to risk it all like Marks did. And yes it was a spectacular failure, we can't deny that. But, I would rather try and fail, then play it safe and be a treadmill team any day.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
delvec19
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#75 » by delvec19 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 2:20 pm

Is there a legit problem with Mikal or will he turn it around?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,602

Post#76 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 4, 2024 2:57 pm

delvec19 wrote:Is there a legit problem with Mikal or will he turn it around?

If the Nets ever get a legit PG, he'll turn it around.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#77 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:40 pm

bubonicphoniks wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
kane0801 wrote:Yup,CT is just a inefficiency volume shooter but peopke in this forum think he is next kobe,he already have many chance to prove himself this season but so far he prove nothing

He had give assists last game and tries on defense. The idea that he brings nothing is wrong.

Scoring may not be the only thing that matters but its the important thing. And hes incredibly skilled at it for age.

He can still learn and become better at other things. Its unreal what kind of standard you guys have for a 22 year old player who been in **** situations his whole career.

The team sucks offensively with or without him. At least in some games he gives us a chance.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#78 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:41 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

1000% plus his man and team defense is horrendous. The guy is a 22yr old lou Williams right now. But the nets community treats him like his baby kobe.

If he turns into Lou Williams he would be the best home grown player since Brook Lopez. So I would 100% take that!

But let me know when Lou Will was putting up multiple 40 point games at 22 though.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#79 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:44 pm

Stone wrote:We gambled on KD, Kyrie and Harden and we lost. Now the bill is due and we have to pay. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to sign two of the leagues top free agent players. Before Kyrie decided to "Come home" and bring KD along, who was our biggest free agent signing?

It's midnight, your out with your friends and you know you got to be up the next day at 6:00am. Someone buys a round of shots or a line for everyone, it's a special occasion and you take it knowing you're going to be hurting the next morning. And that is where we are at right now, the hangover after the party. Barring a massive stroke of good luck, we got at least three more years paying the price.

Not every GM out there has the balls to risk it all like Marks did. And yes it was a spectacular failure, we can't deny that. But, I would rather try and fail, then play it safe and be a treadmill team any day.

KD/Kyrie cost us nothing.

I still think the Harden trade was beyond idiotic and can't be justified.

If you want to trade all those picks fine. My issue is that he gave up pick swaps every single other year till 27. Ensuring we have no control at all of our picks.

We didn't need to do that and it reeked of desperation. If Houston insists on the pick swaps then let him go to Philly. We all know Houston wasn't doing that.

Nobody else gives up all their pick swaps like the Nets do. Even Phoenix didn't do that for KD.

Marks needs to go for that move.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#80 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:45 pm

delvec19 wrote:Is there a legit problem with Mikal or will he turn it around?

I think I've lost faith in him at this point.

Return to Brooklyn Nets