ImageImageImageImageImage

DOCS: Gallinari Won't Play 2 Straight Nights

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: DOCS: Gallinari Won't Play 2 Straight Nights 

Post#21 » by GuyverADL » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Tracy McGrady status. Wow
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#22 » by Pharmcat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:49 pm

optimusADL wrote:Tracy McGrady status. Wow

ROFL you serious? this is his 4th game back or something, you have certain rules to work them back healthy so something doesnt get aggrevated
aristippus
Senior
And1: 8

Post#23 » by aristippus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 pm

next2spike wrote:aristippus, it's all good man. i'm suprised to hear that he's alittle out of control. hmm. would you describe him as a shoot first pg, pass first pg, chucker, etc? sorry for the questions, just trying to see whats up with him from a fan over there.

Absolutely Brandon is not yet a PG. He is always focused to beat his man, one vs one, and go to the rim. He don't play for the team, but just because he needs to learn it. More, he has a mechanical of shooting all be built, with rates really miserable. He is excellent in attack, however, for his fast break, unstoppable, and in defense, for his capacity of stealing balls.
Brandon jump very high, and as the majority of american players, he loves battle for a rebound. I guess that will be a good rebounder, despite his role and his small height.

So far Brandon in the clutch time don't play, because Jacopo Giachetti is much better (and Jacopo is clutch). But Rome has very good players for the last minute, as Giachetti, Becirovic and your countryman Ibrahim Jaaber. This guy, Jaaber, is awesome. I don't understand NBA's GM, Ukic in NBA and Jaaber in Europe. Good for Rome.
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#24 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Who saw a negative post from optimus coming? :roll:
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#25 » by Pharmcat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:19 pm

SpReEfOrAlL wrote:

Who saw a negative post from optimus coming? :roll:

hes worse than i ever used to be
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#26 » by TKF » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:19 pm

this kind of blindsided me, but he, I rather them be cautious, if the docs think it is a good thing, then I guess we will have to wait until monday to see him play vs the Rockets
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#27 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Yeah seriously, let the guy rest all season if it means that he will be able to play for us long-term.
AirPaden
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#28 » by AirPaden » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:36 pm

He is getting the Joba treatment. I understand if his back is flaring up at this particular time, then it is a wise move to take him out. However, I feel they are going to make him soft. I love this kids game and his attitude. I just hope that he tells them that he is fine and he can give them some minutes. I don't care if is just 6-8 minutes. If he starts to feel any pain at all, then take him out and let him rest or receive treatment.

Go GallI!
If you think you can you can, Get It Done!
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#29 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 pm

That sucks. Gallinari has really impressed me so far. If I was the GM (and I didn't scout him), I probably would have picked like 5 or 6 guys ahead of him on draft night, because I thought C and PG were the Knicks two biggest needs (see: Marbury and Curry not playing all season).

Anyway, Danilo looks very mobile and active out there. He's already NY's best/most consistent outside shooter, although Duhon has been pretty consistent this year, so far. Nate, Q, Al, and Wilson have all been streaky good or streaky bad for certain stretches this season. Also, Gallinari doesn't look any worse defensively than any of the Knicks other players, even as a skinny, rookie, international/euro player. (Those three attributes together normally don't add up to a good thing defensively.) In fact, he shows flashes of good defensive tenacity; maybe he learned it by watching his father play. I also like that fact that he is active on the boards. I've seen some terrible rebounders at the PF/C position (Curry, Thomas, Frye, Harrington) and Gallinari has good instincts, good motor, and good fundamentals when it comes to rebounding. He should put up good numbers when his minutes pick up.

The Knicks have been playing much better since he has returned. His box scores don't look that impressive, but he makes an impact with his activity, creativity, on-court awareness, and good shooting. I honestly could see him making an All-Star team in the future. Wilson Chandler, on the other hand, would need to GREATLY improve his ball handling, and become more than a one dimensional spot-up shooter, which he is now, if he wants to reach that level.

The questions are will Gallinari keep it up in following seasons, and will his back heal completely? I've been impressed with a lot of NY draftees in their first year (Sweetney, Frye, Lampe, Collins, Balkman, Lee, Robinson), but most of them took a step back in their following years. I guess NY could play Chandler at PF and Gallinari at SF, because Wilson is currently better at the 4 and the 2. He can out run and take opposing PFs out on the perimeter at the 4, and he can overpower and post up (therefore becoming multi-dimensional) opposing SGs inside at the 2, but at the 3 he has no advantage (whatsoever), especially since his ball handling sucks and all he does is jack up jumpshots, normally out of his range.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#30 » by BelieveTheDream » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 pm

tomgugliottamvp wrote:Yeah. He's more or less why I watch games now. But it's good they are being cautious with him.

love seeing him out on the court adds a whole other dimension... wish he was playing tonight its a big game to gain some ground
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#31 » by ElMatatan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:54 pm

we always do bad against Philly,...especially on back to back nights....I don't feel good about this game.
NY State of Mind
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#32 » by TKF » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:11 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:That sucks. Gallinari has really impressed me so far. If I was the GM (and I didn't scout him), I probably would have picked like 5 or 6 guys ahead of him on draft night, because I thought C and PG was the Knicks two biggest needs (see: Marbury and Curry not playing all season).

Anyway, Danilo looks very mobile and active out there. He's already NY's best/most consistent outside shooter, although Duhon has been pretty consistent this year, so far. Nate, Q, Al, and Wilson have all been streaky good or streaky bad for certain stretches this season. Gallinari doesn't look any worse defensively than any of the Knicks other players, even as an skinny, rookie, international/euro player. (Those three attributes together normally don't add up to a good thing defensively.) In fact, he shows flashes of good defensive tenacity; maybe he learned it by watching his father play. I also like that fact that he is active on the boards. I've seen some terrible rebounders at the PF/C position (Curry, Thomas, Frye, Harrington) and Gallinari has good instincts, good motor, and good fundamentals when it comes to rebounding. He should put up good numbers when his minutes pick up.

The Knicks have been playing much better since he has returned. His box scores don't look that impressive, but he makes an impact with his activity, creativity, on-court awareness, and good shooting. I honestly could see him making an All-Star team in the future. Wilson Chandler, on the other hand, would need to GREATLY improve his ball handling, and become more than a one dimensional spot-up shooter, which he is now, if he wants to reach that level.

The questions are will Gallinari keep it up in following seasons, and will his back heal completely? I've been impressed with a lot of NY draftees in their first year (Sweetney, Frye, Lampe, Collins, Balkman, Lee, Robinson), but most of them took a step back in their following years. I guess NY could play Chandler at PF and Gallinari at SF, because Wilson is currently better at the 4 and the 2. He can out run and take opposing PFs out on the perimeter at the 4, and he can overpower and post up (therefore becoming multi-dimensional) opposing SGs inside at the 2, but at the 3 he has no advantage (whatsoever), especially since his ball handling sucks and all he does is jack up jumpshots, normally out of his range.

actually they do. he is not comming in jacking up shots, but playing efficient ball. Over the last three games, in which we won all 3. He has averaged 10ppg, is shooting roughly 50% from three point range and 57% from the field. That is pretty darn good... A small sample size, but I think we can get an idea of what kind of player he is...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,520

Post#33 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:12 pm

aristippus wrote:(sorry for my english)

don't worry ... you're from another country and yet you still spell better than jcrawford11.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#34 » by nyk2423 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:17 pm

The main reason why I watch the knicks isnt going to play =(
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#35 » by EchelonNYK » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:12 pm

One word. damn!
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#36 » by truth serum » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Damnit@!
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#37 » by EchelonNYK » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:18 pm

DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#38 » by DocZaius » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:19 pm

better safe than sorry

id rather lose him for a few planned games this year than risk losing him for seasons and jeopardizing his career
aNYthing
Senior
And1: 2

Post#39 » by aNYthing » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Damnnn i want this kid to keep playing!!!
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#40 » by xxrainnn » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:22 pm

I miss him already.

Return to New York Knicks