ImageImageImageImageImage

DOCS: Gallinari Won't Play 2 Straight Nights

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Scanna
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: DOCS: Gallinari Won't Play 2 Straight Nights 

Post#41 » by Scanna » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:23 pm

that sucks, wanted to see the guy play so bad
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#42 » by captvict » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:27 pm

For sure...was getting psyched for tonights rematch----oh well....but the kid is fluid for a 6'11" dude.....great handle and picturesque jumper.....they have been going easy on him keeping him out on the perimeter....but once he gets a green light...everyone will see his great handle and slashing ability and being able to draw fouls.....I think they will actually run the offense through him next year...

here's some of the game recaps from his Euro days....tremendous upside for gallinari....would have been rookie of the year if he was healthy and played all the games....

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dan ... inari-535/
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#43 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 pm

oh well it sucks not seeing him play but we have to remember this guy was out for a while with back problems. we need to take it easy with him.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 808

Post#44 » by Ito » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Starksfor3 wrote:
Ito wrote:he's good to play tho, they just overreacting or being too cautious ..

without him we ain't beating philly tonight

We didn't beat Philly last time WITH him....so I don't know. I get what you are saying though.

I'd still rather have the doctors err on the side of caution though rather than be too reckless like last time.

I feel like we are a different team now, a better team and it's because of him. This three game winning streak has been great, and without him on the lineup it wouldn't have happened. I understand they are being cautious, but he's good, and the team is good with this 9 man rotation, why mess up with the chemistry

a loss tonight could mean we go back to playing how we were before.. a win tonight could keep the confidence high and keep us on the winning track.. I dunno, I am not a fan of this decision they made.. hopefully somebody has a big game off the bench
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,716

Post#45 » by adjacent2bench » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:38 pm

If we win against Philly, I think the win is bigger than the win in Boston. For some reason we can never beat Philly. It's like they bully us.
Starks4Prez
Sophomore

Post#46 » by Starks4Prez » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:51 pm

aristippus wrote:
He don't play for the team,

Kind of sounds like someone we use to have on our team.... oh wait never mind
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#47 » by duhon-duhon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Ito wrote:
Starksfor3 wrote: This three game winning streak has been great, and without him on the lineup it wouldn't have happened.

Knicks beat a team they have a better record than, a team struggling against anyone right now, and a 10 win team, all at home.

Let's keep Gallonari in perspective here. Knicks were totally capable of winning those three games without him.

Not saying they would have, but this wasn't a 8 win team thast suddenly rattled off 3 tough wins in a row or something.
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#48 » by TwelvePac » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:54 pm

hobojoe2131 wrote:
skanktorious SAM wrote:
aristippus wrote:Caro Mike D'Antoni SEI IMPAZZITO? STAI SCHERZANDO? Stanotte Phil-NYK è trasmessa in diretta in Italia e tu non fai giocare il Gallo? Spero che questo è tutto uno scherzo. Grazie.

Translate

Dear Mike D'Antoni ARE YOU CRAZY? ARE YOU KIDDING? Tonight Phil-NYK broadcasting Live in Italy and you don't play Gallo? I hope this is just a joke. Thanks.

Sorry, but we could care less whether or not a small country gets to see their prodigal son play in a game. We have more important things to worry about, such as not ruining his career.

Did you just call Italy a small country? "Sei impazzito"?

Don't worry about that idiotic comment.
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#49 » by nyk2423 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Is Gallo still going to be activated???
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#50 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 pm

captvict wrote:here's some of the game recaps from his Euro days....tremendous upside for gallinari....would have been rookie of the year if he was healthy and played all the games....

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dan ... inari-535/

Do you mean he would have been rookie of the year this year, in the NBA? I don't think so. Not with Mayo, Rose, and Beasley.

I wonder if it's too late for him to squeeze himself into the Rookie/Sophomore game. Gallo & Illson playing against each other. That would be great if he could, but there has to be at least 9 rookies ahead of him.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,638

Post#51 » by j4remi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Philly is possibly our worst match-up in the L. They're athletic beasts and match our pace. Having Gallo sit out sucks, he's a spark off the bench and does a little bit of everything. We're going to miss him...BUT...

Gallo is not the sole reason for the win streak fellas, that's a bit extreme. I'd say Al and Nate becoming efficient and effective again have just as much to do with the wins if not more. Tim Thomas has actually stepped his game up for us in the streak too. Our defense has also been great. So losing Gallo is painful, but we're not doomed without him.

If the Knicks can manage a win against Philly, I'll be very excited. The team has been playing very good ball lately, so I guess there's a chance. I just never picture Philly games as wins having seen the previous match-ups.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Ito
General Manager
And1: 808

Post#52 » by Ito » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:33 pm

j4remi wrote:Philly is possibly our worst match-up in the L. They're athletic beasts and match our pace. Having Gallo sit out sucks, he's a spark off the bench and does a little bit of everything. We're going to miss him...BUT...

Gallo is not the sole reason for the win streak fellas, that's a bit extreme. I'd say Al and Nate becoming efficient and effective again have just as much to do with the wins if not more. Tim Thomas has actually stepped his game up for us in the streak too. Our defense has also been great. So losing Gallo is painful, but we're not doomed without him.

If the Knicks can manage a win against Philly, I'll be very excited. The team has been playing very good ball lately, so I guess there's a chance. I just never picture Philly games as wins having seen the previous match-ups.

and you dont think all that has to do with Gallo? having another guy out there that can do a lil bit of everything takes pressure off the other guys so they don't feel like they have to do too much. We have been playing as a real team since he came back.

We won't win tonight unless Thomas goes off for 20 off the bench, or Nate or Al have a 30 point game, mark my words. :roll:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,638

Post#53 » by j4remi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Ito wrote:
j4remi wrote:Philly is possibly our worst match-up in the L. They're athletic beasts and match our pace. Having Gallo sit out sucks, he's a spark off the bench and does a little bit of everything. We're going to miss him...BUT...

and you dont think all that has to do with Gallo? having another guy out there that can do a lil bit of everything takes pressure off the other guys so they don't feel like they have to do too much. We have been playing as a real team since he came back.

We won't win tonight unless Thomas goes off for 20 off the bench, or Nate or Al have a 30 point game, mark my words. :roll:

Lmao! Nate and Al were in slumps, it happens to EVERYONE. Tim Thomas stepping up has more to do with effort then pressure, everyone knows how good he could have been. The defense has been improving since Jeffries came back. None of that has to do with Danilo, he's not this transcendent being. He's just a good spark. No one in there right mind should give a player credit for three wins when he's averaging just 20 minutes a game, that's just devaluing the efforts of guys who are posting huge numbers. Lee's 25 and 22 on Shaq and Amare were Gallo's work too right?

And nice way to cover yourself with Nate or Al needing 30 to win...as if that's never happened :roll:. How much did Nate drop the other night? Pretty sure it was close to 30...but no, Gallo gets credit for the win.

And lemme reiterate to everyone, I'm a huge Gallo fan. When half the board called him bust, I was one of the few heads who'd actually seen him play and offered proper analysis. I'm just saying it's not a doomsday scenario if he misses a game in back to backs. We're playing Philly, our WORST match-up. Gallo or not, I'm expecting a loss. We just don't match-up well with those guys.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
midtown
Veteran

Post#54 » by midtown » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:11 pm

adjacent2bench wrote:From the New York Post

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01242009/sp ... 151651.htm

The Knicks New York Knicks medical staff has decided to shut down rookie Danilo Gallinari on the second leg of back-to-back games for the time being, The Post has learned.

Hence, Gallinari will sit out tonight's contest vs. the Sixers.

Damn. Was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Smart move . Finally the medical staff in NY are being smart.
roy10
Banned User

Post#55 » by roy10 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:21 pm

This "shutting him down" on back to backs sounds ridiculous. The guy only play 15mpg (non-continuously) - that's hardly breaking a sweat. Why can't he play a few minutes today? What's the point of shutting him down completely? Simply an absurd call by the medical staff.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,037

Post#56 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:24 pm

better safe then sorry....doesnt sound like a big deal
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
HellsKitchen
Head Coach

Post#57 » by HellsKitchen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:51 pm

It is disappointing. He's the main reason I've been excited to watch the games lately. Luckily there's a decent fight on HBO tonight to supplement my sports viewing.
lupo
Junior

Post#58 » by lupo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:05 am

are we sure that's true? i didn't read it in any other source, and the knicks homepage say's nothing about it.

by the way, i am from milano and i've seen at least thirty or forty games live of the big cock, and i was sure that you would like it when he got healthy.

you guys have 41 games left, better be completely sure that he is fully recovered than risk another injury.

take good care of "our" roster, he deserves it!

Return to New York Knicks