ImageImageImageImage

Who is Paolo Banchero?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,916

Re: Who is Paolo Banchero? 

Post#21 » by Rainwater » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:59 pm

It’s literally been 3 games, sheesh.
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,013

Post#22 » by davey_wavy » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:02 pm

I really think that FIBA set him back. He was a role player for Kerr, and it feels like that has carried into this season. He even said he wants Franz to be “the guy”.

I honesty think had Paolo stayed home, worked out, put up shots, played in some of those popular summer pro-ams, etc, he would have came into the season comparable to last season. He’d still feel like the “Guy” and try to pick up where he left off. Instead, it seems FIBA has confused him as to what he really is as a ball player.

Look, 3 games in.. Come on now.. BUT Paolo doesn’t get that pass because we know what he’s capable of. I just wish HE KNEW.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,201

Post#23 » by zaymon » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:23 pm

Skin wrote:
zaymon wrote:Who is Banchero is as much of a problem as who do we want him to be.
1. Driver surrounded by non shooters ?
2. Post up player who we dont pass the ball to ?
3. Floor spacer for Markelle Fultz ?
4. Screener for Franz ?

Banchero is not next Lebron James but he is also very mobile 6'10 dude. I think it was a big mistake to promote him as our number 1 option. Right now it looks grotesque becouse Franz is much better than him and his confidence could be affected.
Mobile 6'10 guys dont have to be number one options. He could be better offensively worse defensively AG. We would need someone like Doncic to make it work but the result could be solid contender.

It's true. We need more stars, but that's not happening for a Front Office that:

1. Doesn't understand the value of draft picks
2. Doesn't build a cohesive working team
3. Doesn't develop the majority of their young players
4. Doesn't value star veteran players.
5. Saves their own cap space for resigning their own mediocre talent and high priced short term veterans to raise the cap floor.
6. Has developed a plan for their own job security by playing the long game.
7. Loves the smell of their own poop.

We could've flipped around our team into a contender a long time ago. Instead we are stock piling and over crowding the roster with young mediocre talent that simply doesn't develop. Paolo HAS TO be turned into a star. FO and coaches can't just expect him to get there by giving him playing time. Where are the plays designed for him? Where are the complimentary players to go around him?

You are too impatient. Yes we are not cohesive, but thats by design. We didnt make the step but it doesnt mean we wont in the future. Going all in too fast was what doomed our last rebuilt. Weltman showed he can build a playoff team even on the back of Vucevic, Fournier and AG. We are in a very good position, its just not a position to win champioship. Priorities will change, but look at Paolo he is not ready to win right now. You dont put the cart before the horse.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 712

Post#24 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:32 pm

Are you OK?

He is a sophomore he will do fine.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 599

Post#25 » by MasterGMer » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:59 pm

It is just three games in to the season. Sure, he disappoints so far. But I believe he will turn it around.

But also, I won't play Paolo as the NO.1 option on the team right now. Franz and Fultz are better.

Also I think Suggs is the third best player behind Paolo and Franz on this team.

But Paolo will be fine
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,956

Post#26 » by basketballRob » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:01 pm

Franz has sucked this year so far also.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Post#27 » by Skybox » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:08 pm

Best thread yet...I can't even

:lol:
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,935

Post#28 » by RookieStar » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:16 pm

wow... just because we lost a close game against a LAL team that had favorable whistlesm we find these kinds of thread popping out?

Im happy with Paolo. He is hitting his sophomore slump AND if the injury story is true, then its not helping him either.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,663

Post#29 » by Skin » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:34 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skin wrote:
zaymon wrote:Who is Banchero is as much of a problem as who do we want him to be.
1. Driver surrounded by non shooters ?
2. Post up player who we dont pass the ball to ?
3. Floor spacer for Markelle Fultz ?
4. Screener for Franz ?

Banchero is not next Lebron James but he is also very mobile 6'10 dude. I think it was a big mistake to promote him as our number 1 option. Right now it looks grotesque becouse Franz is much better than him and his confidence could be affected.
Mobile 6'10 guys dont have to be number one options. He could be better offensively worse defensively AG. We would need someone like Doncic to make it work but the result could be solid contender.

It's true. We need more stars, but that's not happening for a Front Office that:

1. Doesn't understand the value of draft picks
2. Doesn't build a cohesive working team
3. Doesn't develop the majority of their young players
4. Doesn't value star veteran players.
5. Saves their own cap space for resigning their own mediocre talent and high priced short term veterans to raise the cap floor.
6. Has developed a plan for their own job security by playing the long game.
7. Loves the smell of their own poop.

We could've flipped around our team into a contender a long time ago. Instead we are stock piling and over crowding the roster with young mediocre talent that simply doesn't develop. Paolo HAS TO be turned into a star. FO and coaches can't just expect him to get there by giving him playing time. Where are the plays designed for him? Where are the complimentary players to go around him?

You are too impatient. Yes we are not cohesive, but thats by design. We didnt make the step but it doesnt mean we wont in the future. Going all in too fast was what doomed our last rebuilt. Weltman showed he can build a playoff team even on the back of Vucevic, Fournier and AG. We are in a very good position, its just not a position to win champioship. Priorities will change, but look at Paolo he is not ready to win right now. You dont put the cart before the horse.

I wouldn't be impatient if I saw our young guys developing, but they are absolutely not.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,865

Post#30 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:37 pm

Why are we like this?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#31 » by T-Cat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:41 pm

I think a lot of fans wanted the upside pick in Shaedon Sharpe, but I Orlando didn't pick him because they were not to sure on him compared to guys like Banchero, Holmgrem and Parker Jr.

Yes he has that shy personality about him but you roll the dice for a potential superstar player with unbelievable abilities!

It's early in the season for our group, so hopefully they turn it was around :D
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#32 » by T-Cat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:45 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Why are we like this?

Passionate hard core fans want excellence from our so called franchise guy!

Didn't coach Mosley hype up Banchero early in the season saying he was a hybrid of LeBron, Tatum and Carmelo?
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,693

Post#33 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:48 pm

Would our team look better with chet though??? Who is setting him up offensively? Casue he surely isn't getting it himself.

Chet was perfect for okc casue he has guys there that he can feast off from in giddey, sga and even jalen Williams. 3 somewhat play making big guards who can all 3 get into the lane and attack.

If you take paolo out of the equation and add chet with this roster how would that work? This was a perfect example of fit over player.

Chet was the right fit for okc and Paolo( hopefully) is the right fit for what orlando needed. I just dont see chet having the same success in orlando honestly.
GO MAGIC
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,935

Post#34 » by RookieStar » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 pm

T-Cat wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Why are we like this?

Passionate hard core fans want excellence from our so called franchise guy!

Didn't coach Mosley hype up Banchero early in the season saying he was a hybrid of LeBron, Tatum and Carmelo?

You could have just wrote Travis Diener
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#35 » by The Effect » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:06 pm

wow

i swear we have the most fickle fan base in sports

Dude last year was putting up stats that only guys like Lebron and KD have done in the last 20 years as rookies. Also was part of the international\olympic team etc, and starts the season with 3 bad games and here come all the haters

Can 1000000% guarantee if we drafted Chet and he got hurt and paolo played like this for the thunder, everyone single one of you chet fans would be screaming that we should of drafted paolo

Literally never been more embarrassed to be a magic fan than i am right now reading this thread
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#36 » by Last Guardian » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:10 pm

Already? :noway:
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,410

Post#37 » by pepe1991 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:14 pm

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Ralof
Pro Prospect
And1: 515

Post#38 » by Ralof » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:19 pm

Oh boy :roll:

Chet played four games.four.he still has to prove he can stay healthy not for a season,but for half of a season.

The bashing on Banchero rn it is at same level of him labeled as sure superstar,next lbj/durant past year.
just silly.

Fans should try to undestand(spoiler:they will not,i answer myself :banghead: ) that a multiple all-star with a pair of all-nba appearances would be hell of a player,but even just a guy with 2-3 all star seasons.
and the chances to get that player from draft are not that high.

at beginning of his second year we still know very little about Banchero role in nba and how his carreer wil be.
a bit of common sense,for once,would be great
Skybox
RealGM

Post#39 » by Skybox » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:23 pm

Shaedon Sharpe? Nobody Nobody Nobody on the planet had him #1 (and still don't)...call POR right now and they'll throw in Simons with Sharpe for Paolo.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#40 » by Skybox » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:24 pm

Will Smith would say, "Keep Banchero's name out yo trade thread" and bitch slap you for starting this thread

Return to Orlando Magic