ImageImageImageImage

Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,288

Re: Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread 

Post#21 » by MagicMatic » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm

Spoiler:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES

You think that will stop Mosely?

Incoming serious Fultz minutes. Like people need another reason to drive this guy to the airport when the offseason starts.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 899

Post#22 » by Bakomagic » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Spoiler:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES FULTZ CANT PLAY IN THIS SERIES

You think that will stop Mosely?

Incoming serious Fultz minutes. Like people need another reason to drive this guy to the airport when the offseason starts.

IDK, seems like he got pulled after his first stint and never returned against the bucks.

I can see Mose giving him a chance because he is one of our vet leaders but he may be on a tight leash.

Honestly, Fultz and Jingles should both get a shot be on a tight leash game to game.

8 man rotation with the 9th and 10th players getting spot minutes should be the way.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 712

Post#23 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm

If I end up buying into Balsy sports and have to see Fultz play my son will possibly see his father cry.

I have buried both my parents. I cried at neither funeral.....
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#24 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:31 pm

Could I get some reviews on bally sports. I am considering activating my subscription for the playoffs and then turning it off when the magic season is over. Would that work? Do you think they will black out home games even though they will likely sell out?
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,588

Post#25 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:41 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:Could I get some reviews on bally sports. I am considering activating my subscription for the playoffs and then turning it off when the magic season is over. Would that work? Do you think they will black out home games even though they will likely sell out?
That will work.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,050

Post#26 » by dsg2021 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 pm

eyriq wrote:Looking at ESPN BPI and we have the lowest probability to advance of all the Eastern postseason teams at 28.8%, except for the Bulls and Hawks .

That's cold.

Celtics 79.2%
Cavs 71.2%
Pacers 51.3%
Bucks 48.7%
Knicks 43.3%
Sixers 38.6%
Heat 38.1%
Magic 28.8%
Bulls 0.7%
Hawks 0.2%

Perfect, setting up the repeat of the ORL-CLE series where LeBron ate humble pie and his game-winners meant nothing in the end.
MAGICian619
Bench Warmer
And1: 896

Post#27 » by MAGICian619 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:Could I get some reviews on bally sports. I am considering activating my subscription for the playoffs and then turning it off when the magic season is over. Would that work? Do you think they will black out home games even though they will likely sell out?

Blacking out games has nothing to do with selling out. That's an old school thing and is no longer relevant. Black outs are now strictly location based. If in Central FL area, you must watch a non-national TV Magic game on Bally (will be blacked out on NBA League Pass).

Playoffs situation slightly different as most games are nationally televised. Should probably wait to see what networks are games are on to see if Bally is even needed.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,201

Post#28 » by zaymon » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

jezzerinho wrote:The playoffs is where oppositions get themselves familiar with what you're bad at and make you do that.

If we're self-scouting, what would you say are the glaring gaps offensively in each of our starters?

"Shooting" is kind of a given....

No great pick and roll ball handler. You can switch Franz/Banchero/Carter/Isaac without problem. Only pull up option is Paolo and he is inefficient. Obviously shooting from most positions.
You can put smaller guys on Franz and Paolo and they wont hurt you much most of the time.
Suggs or Franz need to develop some form of a midrange pull up. They are both fast but you can defend them with big separation after they cross the 3 point line. Paolo has better midrange but he is too slow reacting to double teams, his handle is too loose to dribble in a crowd.
I would say 3 point shooting is not even our biggest problem.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
OnlyFranz22
Junior
And1: 114

Post#29 » by OnlyFranz22 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:25 pm

3ddman23 wrote:I'll be at game 1 in Cleveland!!!! My first road orlando magic game live. Is there anyone else in here going to Cleveland this weekend?

If you like Tacos and Margs before the game. Barrio right by the arena has some awesome food/drinks!
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#30 » by Last Guardian » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:29 pm

I watched a few videos with Cleveland sports talk, and they do not seem all that confident. They think they should win based on talent, but that Orlando is so much bigger and tougher that they are worried.

Personally, I do not expect to win this series. They are more talented. But it would be a fail to get swept or even a gentlemans sweep since Cleveland is definitely not a dominant team.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,208

Post#31 » by Max Power » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 pm

I actually think this should be a very even series with the Magic having a real shot based on there D. Cleveland is 2 years ahead of us in their build so logic says they should take it. But I’m confident the Magic can be scrappy enough to push it to 7 or even win. The major issue with this team isn’t shooting right now, it’s turnovers. If the Magic can make progress there and take care of our possessions, they’ll have a shot, but to me that’s priority one for the coaching staff this offseason.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,409

Post#32 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 pm

Cavs haven't won playoff series without Lebron since 1993
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,141

Post#33 » by Residual-Heat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:Obviously we need everyone to show up, but feel like Isaac will have a huge role to play in this series. I dont expect to win the series at all, but i would say if there's an "x-factor" its Isaac.

Also we need to hit our 3s. Paolo really dropped off the last few games of the season, hopefully it was just tired legs. Need 35+% from him and Franz.

Just watched the All NBA Podcast, and they agree that JI is the x-factor :lol:

Im really excited to watch him play a big role in the play offs. We waited so long for this. I hope he stays healthy. Unleash the beast.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Obviously we need everyone to show up, but feel like Isaac will have a huge role to play in this series. I dont expect to win the series at all, but i would say if there's an "x-factor" its Isaac.

Also we need to hit our 3s. Paolo really dropped off the last few games of the season, hopefully it was just tired legs. Need 35+% from him and Franz.

Just watched the All NBA Podcast, and they agree that JI is the x-factor

Im really excited to watch him play a big role in the play offs. We waited so long for this. I hope he stays healthy. Unleash the beast.
It really disappoints me that so many analyzes of the series are being done without mention of JI
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#35 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:29 pm

eyriq wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:

Just watched the All NBA Podcast, and they agree that JI is the x-factor

It really disappoints me that so many analyzes of the series are being done without mention of JI

IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,821

Post#36 » by IllMagic04 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 pm

I'm really excited to see what our defense looks like when we can focus on one opponent and make game by game adjustments. Our defense could be absolutely suffocating by game 3. On other side our inability to make 3's is going to be the major factor of this series. We are easy to defend. Cavs should pack the paint with their size and watch us clank 3's. We NEED Suggs and Cole to step up in a major way in shot making in the back court. When games are close Garland and Mitchell are closers that we could have difficulty stopping. JI has to start at C down the stretch so we can switch on Garland and Mitchel if need be on screens. Seeing what Paolo/Franz do in those clutch moments will be really fun to watch. I really do believe when we can win this series but its gonna require us to at least have ok nights from 3. I think we can do it.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#37 » by drsd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 pm

With respect, what message are you trying to share with us?

DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#38 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:06 pm

Honestly I think we messed up not playing AB down the stretch of the season. He couldve been valuable in this series even if hes a rookie.
Trade for Jarret Allen
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:15 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Honestly I think we messed up not playing AB down the stretch of the season. He couldve been valuable in this series even if hes a rookie.
Yup
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,572

Post#40 » by Bensational » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:17 pm

Gotta limit Struss and Merril if we don’t want them blowing us out. That will be their big X factor.

Offensively, we’re going to need some good screens from our bigs and some good use of the dunker’s spot if we want to attack the paint and get around their bigs.

I think we’ll see a couple of big heroic games from Suggs and Franz with clutch shooting. Just a taste of what’s to come in future seasons when we’re winning playoff series.

Return to Orlando Magic