ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Kings

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

icewill36
Senior
And1: 2

Post#681 » by icewill36 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:57 am

D12J14 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Your a ridiculous tool.

seriously, how can you disagree ? the magic are pretenders, no doubt about it. anyone who thinks theyre elite is kidding themselves. this team is too dependent on hedo and lewis jumpshots...soon as they arent falling, this team is struggling. they will get exposed in the playoffs, you all know this deep down inside.
Superman
Senior
And1: 0

Post#682 » by Superman » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:59 am

magicfanejc42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's not the fact Dwight doesn;t put up the stats... But I would rather him concentrate a LITTLE more on defense and defensive rebounding.. That is what KILLS our team. He doesn't hustle, and if this team falls behinde, He is done for the night. He gets unmotivated and just gives up.

I feel bad for Dwight to a degree... But not enough for me to back him.

If our sorry excuses for guards are not CONTINUALLY being beat off the dribble then he can concentrate on his man AND be in position for the defensive rebound.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#683 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:59 am

who's throwing around the ELITE title? and thank you to those people...
U Gotta Play JJ
Senior
And1: 9

Post#684 » by U Gotta Play JJ » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:59 am

icewill36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

seriously, how can you disagree ? the magic are pretenders, no doubt about it. anyone who thinks theyre elite is kidding themselves. this team is too dependent on hedo and lewis jumpshots...soon as they arent falling, this team is struggling. they will get exposed in the playoffs, you all know this deep down inside.

I don't remember hearing the word "elite" - that they are not.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,780

Post#685 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:59 am

I don't think anybody disagrees with you. It's just the fact that you're an a**hole.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#686 » by mattyBoi » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:59 am

Why are being dumb? He scored and rebounded the way he did due to the fact of his athleticism. do you think Brad Miller has any more than a 20 inch vert? Dwight SKYS over him and Mikki Moore the same...

Dwight should not "average" that. but those numbers are going to be pretty close to the average IMO.

I see what your saying i just feel for the guy...what can i say
oakfanintheeast
Pro Prospect

Post#687 » by oakfanintheeast » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:00 am

wait, how did Redick "clearly" hurt the team..Jameer had horrid defense, I agree to that.

How can you come out and say Redick hurt the team? He comes out and all of a sudden the game is close.. He hasn't played in games past, so he didn't lose any of those for us.. You are clearly a hater of the man, plain and simple.

if redick played bogans minutes, he'd hurt the team, more than help the team. not a 7 minute spurt down 15 when the kings are already mentally out of the game.
magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#688 » by magicfanejc42 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:00 am

.. Dude, just go away... We aren't expecting a championship this year... We know there are holes.. But we don't need people like you to come in here and say stupid crap.. They are NOT pretenders... I don't think many teams would want to play a pumped Magic team with a set rotation..

You can go back to where ever you came from and be shhh...
icewill36
Senior

Post#689 » by icewill36 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:01 am

you need to be elite to be a contender....

everyone thought they were contenders after the fast start, but its clear they are pretenders. thats all im saying
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#690 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:01 am

I'm not giving Dwight a free pass just because he's Dwight Howard. It pisses me off if he is really getting mad at teammates. That's the point here. He let Miller outrun him for a ball, when Dwight had the lead on him! He let Moore get 3 consecutive offensive rebounds without even jumping. He let Miller and Udrih lay shots in all night long. He has no room to talk. It's not just him obviously. Not many people ARE giving good effort right now. But as a self-proclaimed leader of this team, he kinda has to step up and do something himself before opening his mouth at anybody else.

And for arguments about our guards letting people in the lane all the time. Well yeah, they do. But it's a pretty childish approach to the game if he's just going to stand there and let them lay it in out of defiance. That's not a winning attitude.

TheMadMagician
Sixth Man

Post#691 » by TheMadMagician » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:02 am

Dude, you can say that about every other team in the league. If no shots are falling for the star players on your team, OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO STRUGGLE. Nobody was playing up to par tonight on our team except J.J. and Lewis.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#692 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:02 am

icewill36 wrote:you need to be elite to be a contender....

everyone thought they were contenders after the fast start, but its clear they are pretenders. thats all im saying

Except the fact that no one did believe they were contenders. They were pretty obviously a very shaky operation right from the start.

maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#693 » by maginno » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:03 am

icewill36 wrote:they will get exposed in the playoffs, you all know this deep down inside.

As a big critic of how the team is built even I know no such thing. We'll be in the playoffs. Where will your team be?
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#694 » by mattyBoi » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:03 am

When the playoffs come around and its time to lock down, shut up or put up...I think we will see the good magic again.

I cant wait to actually see them hustle again.
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#695 » by JigenDaisuke » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:04 am

I don't think Bogans should be a starter. Hes a decent backup, he was a good second round pick. Thats it. Hes supposed to be good at defense, yet every game the other teams shooting guard gets a career high. JJ to me has way more potential to be good.
icewill36
Senior

Post#696 » by icewill36 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:06 am

themadmagician wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude, you can say that about every other team in the league. If no shots are falling for the star players on your team, OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO STRUGGLE. Nobody was playing up to par tonight on our team except J.J. and Lewis.

not true... teams like the spurs, pistons, and celtics win with DEFENSE, not jumpshots. they can win even when the shots arent falling consistently.
no one on the magic is committed to defense, they all just want to get theirs on offense.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#697 » by SOUL » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:06 am

FFBlitzace wrote:I'm not giving Dwight a free pass just because he's Dwight Howard. It pisses me off if he is really getting mad at teammates. That's the point here. He let Miller outrun him for a ball, when Dwight had the lead on him! He let Moore get 3 consecutive offensive rebounds without even jumping. He let Miller and Udrih lay shots in all night long. He has no room to talk. It's not just him obviously. Not many people ARE giving good effort right now. But as a self-proclaimed leader of this team, he kinda has to step up and do something himself before opening his mouth at anybody else.

And for arguments about our guards letting people in the lane all the time. Well yeah, they do. But it's a pretty childish approach to the game if he's just going to stand there and let them lay it in out of defiance. That's not a winning attitude.

It wasn't that bad, he didn't have a lead they were both neck and neck, but the ball was on Brads right while Dwight was trying to reach over, Brad obviously had the advantage - not to mention Dwight is huge and won't get in front.. and the Mikki thing Dwight DID jump, at least on the Sacramento broadcast replay.. there was another guy right next to him that stopped him from getting closer/blocking it.. maybe hes not giving 100% but hes not doing nothing
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#698 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:07 am

i got a feeling Dwight will be opting out when the time comes...
magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#699 » by magicfanejc42 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:08 am

oakfanintheeast wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

if redick played bogans minutes, he'd hurt the team, more than help the team. not a 7 minute spurt down 15 when the kings are already mentally out of the game.

What did you just say?
You are telling me, if JJ play 12 minutes instead of 8 this team would have been beaten worse, or even beaten at all? If JJ had 4 extra minutes to get warm and pop a few extra shots we would have taken the lead... You need to realize, that Bogans is worse than JJ on the offensive end and rarely "alot" better on defense..

I hope JJ gets minutes tomorrow.... Man, I hope he outplays Bogans and Dooling... I am sick of people saying JJ sucks.. He comes in and does well in almost EVERY game he plays and yet he still sucks to people.. He brings this team out of a defecit and still sucks... He helps spread the floor and the offense run much more efficiently, but he still sucks.. He works his butt off on defense and never gives up, and he still sucks. Bogans goes out chucks 5 to 10 threes and plays half ass defense and he's a "Clear" improvement over JJ and should take all of his minutes...

Yeah, okay.
Superman
Senior

Post#700 » by Superman » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:08 am

thEthIEf wrote:i got a feeling Dwight will be opting out when the time comes...

Oh c'mon, don't even start with that $hit yet! lol

Return to Orlando Magic