ImageImageImageImage

Denton: Magic trade rumors

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

magictreat
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Denton: Magic trade rumors 

Post#1 » by magictreat » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:58 pm

QUOTE:BY JOHN DENTON

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.d ... 002/SPORTS

ORLANDO - Former Orlando Magic forward Trevor Ariza played only sparingly to start the season, but in the six games before he was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers on Nov. 20 he saw an average of 15 minutes of playing time.

Keyon Dooling, who failed to get into Orlando's loss Wednesday night against New Jersey, was surprisingly moved into the starting lineup Friday night in place of Keith Bogans, who had started the previous 34 games.

Could a Magic team that has been strangely inconsistent for weeks be shopping Dooling, or even point guard Carlos Arroyo, who moved into the starting lineup four games ago?
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#2 » by craig01 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:04 pm

He repeated that on 1080 AM yesterday on the Brady Ackerman show.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by whocares » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:09 pm

1. arroyo, very doubtful.
2. he was moved to the starting line-up not to showcase but to be a remedy to nelson's antiques.
3. dooling, on the other hand, is very suspect.
4. he definitely is a hustler but hogs the ball, is a piss-poor 3pt shooter and is somewhat redundant if bogans decides to play some defense for a little change.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
magictreat
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by magictreat » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:22 pm

craig01 wrote:He repeated that on 1080 AM yesterday on the Brady Ackerman show.
Talking about 1080 am here in Orlando, is that the only sports radio station left here in town? after 740 changed the format, I dont care about Dan Sileo, that guy is waste of time, and the shot dr. and Jerry O'Neal another. Is there any other alternative in town to listen to, regarding sports???? Can somebody living here in Orlando answer that?
I can listen to fox sports radio on the internet, but no local sports????
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,281

Post#5 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:40 pm

I cant believe you guys didnt post this part of the article:

The Magic aren't allowed to comment on players on opposing teams, but they are keeping their eye on the availability of Golden State small forward Mickael Pietrus. Orlando made an attempt to nab Pietrus last summer when he was a restricted free agent. He has been buried on the bench all season behind Matt Barnes and Al Harrington. Golden State, meanwhile, is in the market for a point guard. Troy Hudson is out for the season, and Baron Davis' minutes have been increasing.

It says that we were interested in Pietrus back in the summer, thats news to me, that wasent mentioned only speculated by us fans. And that we are interested in him and makes sense.
aka: prorl
whocares
Senior

Post#6 » by whocares » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:50 pm

1. the magic need no stinkin' sf's.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
Fan from day 1
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Fan from day 1 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:55 pm

dont know mch about pietrus. what would/could he provide us with?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,281

Post#8 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:06 pm

whocares wrote:1. the magic need no stinkin' sf's.

He plays SG, he did last year for the Warriors and played well. He gives us size, athleticism, defense, and can hit the 3.
aka: prorl
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#9 » by Dwightmare » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:17 pm

MP is also expiring so unless its Keyon or Garrity for MP straight up, Im not interested.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#10 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:56 pm

This is Denton, so you have to pay attention to this because he's got by far the best access to the team.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#11 » by mhectorgato » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:10 pm

whocares wrote:1. arroyo, very doubtful.
2. he was moved to the starting line-up not to showcase but to be a remedy to nelson's antiques.
3. dooling, on the other hand, is very suspect.
4. he definitely is a hustler but hogs the ball, is a piss-poor 3pt shooter and is somewhat redundant if bogans decides to play some defense for a little change.

Carlos Arroyo wrote:This beautiful high-boy is turn of the century with local growth quartersawn maple. Notice the in-lays here and here, they are distinctive of the work done in New England, specifically Boston. We believe that this cabinet is a very rare one, it quite possibly could have belonged to Teddy Roosevelt.

Now if you would turn your attention to this wonderfully preserved Ming dynasty vase. This is the newest piece in Mr Nelson's ever growing Asian collection. There is no truth in the rumor that Yao acquired this exquisite piece for Jameer. When the team was in China during for the preseason games, Mr. Nelson visited the Hebei Province and discovered this beautiful vase.

Oh ... wait he's not showcasing them ... How does one remedy them?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
huge4
Senior

Post#12 » by huge4 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:45 pm

Great! Now if we can just trade Dwight and Meer for SF's, Otis can fulfill his dream of an all SF team.
“There are maybe a handful of players in the history of the NBA who could’ve made that play.”
-Spurs play-by-play after Dwight posterized Duncan for the game winner
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#13 » by craig01 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:52 pm

magictreat wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Talking about 1080 am here in Orlando, is that the only sports radio station left here in town? after 740 changed the format, I dont care about Dan Sileo, that guy is waste of time, and the shot dr. and Jerry O'Neal another. Is there any other alternative in town to listen to, regarding sports???? Can somebody living here in Orlando answer that?
I can listen to fox sports radio on the internet, but no local sports????

That's pretty much it.

If you live on the SW side of Orlando, 620 am WDAE Tampa is fairly easy to get. It's still a real sports station.

How pathetic Clear Channel is. They own 620 AM too..........
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
whocares
Senior

Post#14 » by whocares » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:54 pm

mhectorgato wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh ... wait he's not showcasing them ... How does one remedy them?

1. :lol:
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#15 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:57 pm

how about any sports radio in gainesville? i know in orlando, espn radio is 1080 am, is there another one in g-ville?
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
magictreat
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by magictreat » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:02 pm

craig01 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's pretty much it.

If you live on the SW side of Orlando, 620 am WDAE Tampa is fairly easy to get. It's still a real sports station.

How pathetic Clear Channel is. They own 620 AM too..........
Pathetic!!!!!, Orlando still a little town, no local sports station, and 1080am, they aren't on the air after 1200 midnight.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#17 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:08 pm

1080 blows anyway for the most part.
740 was a Godsend and had a lot of great out of state programming that I'm missing out on now.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#18 » by mhectorgato » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:32 pm

whocares wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1. :lol:

Glad someone appreciated that. I figured that it would go over the heads of most.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Sharper
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by Sharper » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:42 pm

whocares wrote:1. :lol:

:rofl:

Gotta love whocares and his numbered posts/comments. Even for smilies ... :lol:
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#20 » by magicman123 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:48 pm

huge4 wrote:Great! Now if we can just trade Dwight and Meer for SF's, Otis can fulfill his dream of an all SF team.

you havent heard? otis is making stan switch meer to sf, and turk to pg, i also heard that dwight would play sf when meer comes out of the game

Return to Orlando Magic