ImageImageImage

Sixers - Kobe: A lot to like about Iguodala

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

THFM
Junior
And1: 0

Sixers - Kobe: A lot to like about Iguodala 

Post#1 » by THFM » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:05 pm

"It's a business, and, like any other business, you can believe that your value can be greater," Bryant said before the Lakers faced the Sixers last night at the Staples Center.

"I've talked to him . . . I said, 'You have to be able to prove that you can command that top dollar, that you can do what they said you can't do. Just go out and play. If there's a team out there that feels you can command that value, then you'll get it.'

"But you can't take [the situation] as something personal or let it distract you from working hard every single day. You have to come out and perform."

"He has a lot [of upside]," Bryant said. "Just on the surface, his athleticism stands out.

"In a league crowded with athletic players, he's at the top of the list with some others. I also like his ability to handle the ball at his size, to create opportunities for others and to defend. That's a combination that's tough to find in the league nowadays. He gets after it on the perimeter, he's a good post player, he creates for others; that's tough to find."

Still, Iguodala is not necessarily viewed as a projected franchise player on a contending team.

"He's got the talent to be that," Bryant said. "That's nothing but responding to the challenge of taking over your situation, believing 'The team wins and loses with me,' believing 'These are my decisions, these are my teammates and I have to try and make them better.'

"It's a mentality, although it's a little different for him because he had been playing with [the dominant] Allen Iverson. It's tough to kind of make that switch, to go into that mode. It's difficult."

Full Article: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... odala.html

Coming from Kobe is pretty impressive. What do you guys think of Kobe's remarks?
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by SendEm » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:12 pm

Bryant and Iguodala work out together in the offseason. Kobe is looking out for his workout buddy.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,082

Post#3 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:19 pm

Send Iggy to the DLeague!
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#4 » by chefy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:29 pm

SendEm wrote:Bryant and Iguodala work out together in the offseason. Kobe is looking out for his workout buddy.

link?
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#5 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:34 pm

They share the same agent and I have seen news clips of Iguodala attending clinics run by Kobe...never heard they work out together, but it sounds like they both are workout warriors.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,795

Post#6 » by Sixersftw » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:53 pm

they do workout together.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Patterns » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:04 pm

Yes, they do work out together in the Summer.
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 247

Post#8 » by Samson » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:36 pm

Uhm, did no one watch the slam dunk contest a few years back when Nate-I-missed-a-thousand-dunks-and-still-won-cause-I'm-a-badass-midget-Robison won? AI was still on the team, he said, "we was robbed"... Kobe was recruiting/encouraging Iguodala then...

Kobe has identified Andre as his Pippen years ago....Kobe wants to win his titles without Shaq and decided Andre Iguodala was his Scottie Pippen a long time ago....

Is it any secret they want to play together and win championships together? I didn't think this was a secret, I thought it was common knowledge, in a year or two, Kobe + AII = Jordan and Pippen of the future...
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#9 » by Patterns » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:18 am

Yep. Kobe is very high on AI because of his Pippen like qualities as a defender, scorer and passer. Plus, AI is competitive and they are good friends.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#10 » by SendEm » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:16 am

LOL @ Samson acting like Kobe didn't ALREADY know Iggy for years. Iggy use to play basketball with Kobe all of the time in LA the whole time that Iggy was a student at Arizona and even while playing with the Sixers. It's common place for high level basketball players over in the southwest to play basketball in LA in the leagues and special protype summer work out sessions. Iggy was Kobe's "sparring partner." Kobe is just trying to do what he can to help Iggy out.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:38 pm

I would love to bring Kobe Bryant to Philadelphia but we don't have the youth to attract them.
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 247

Post#12 » by Samson » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:06 am

SendEm wrote:LOL @ Samson acting like Kobe didn't ALREADY know Iggy for years. Iggy use to play basketball with Kobe all of the time in LA the whole time that Iggy was a student at Arizona and even while playing with the Sixers. It's common place for high level basketball players over in the southwest to play basketball in LA in the leagues and special protype summer work out sessions. Iggy was Kobe's "sparring partner." Kobe is just trying to do what he can to help Iggy out.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!! YOU MEAN THEY *DIDN'T* MEET FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THE FLOOR OF THE ALL-STAR SLAM DUNK CONTEST?!

You mean, it's common place for HS players to play with others?!?! Like when Kobe used to school the Temple players when he was in highschool?!?!? THAT IS COMMON!?!?!

Please tell me you have more insider info......I NEED MORE!!

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers