HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Leicester City FC Thread 

Post#41 » by HIF » Mon Jun 8, 2015 7:08 pm

treiz wrote:I'm a firm believer that Leicester survived because of this thread

:D

Thanks

but we survived because Foxes Never Quit.

And we're a damn good team.

Loving the signing of Fuchs.

Hoping beyond hope that we get Huth on a permanant. He was crucial to our survival.

Then another CB, a must have RB, a top draw midfielder and another striker - even though I think Kramaric is going to be a great PL player next season.

Really think we can challenge for a top 10 place.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#42 » by HIF » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:41 pm

So Vardy gets 15 mins for England last week (probably the only mins he'll ever get).

Schlupp scores his first for Ghana today.

New signing Fuchs captaining Austria today.

HIF
RealGM

Post#43 » by HIF » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Kasper in goal for Denmark
Morgan playing against Uruguay
Marhez played for Algeria
King come on as sub for Wales (Lawrence on the bench).
Wood for New Zealand

HIF
RealGM

Post#44 » by HIF » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Robert Huth signs for Leicester City.

Top half of the prem guaranteed.

Swift3
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#45 » by Swift3 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Shinji Okazaki from Mainz. The Japan international has signed a four-year contract with at the KC Stadium, while his move is subject to a work permit and international clearance.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/06/26/13083262/official-leicester-city-to-sign-okazaki-from-mainz?ICID=HP_BN_1

As a Japanese person, i'm excited to see how Okazaki does in the EPL! With the latest prospect of Kagawa failing in the EPL, I would like to see a Japanese player succeed in the premier league. His track record in Germany speaks for himself. Great signing! Good luck Okazaki!
HIF
RealGM

Post#46 » by HIF » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Nigel Pearson has been sacked.

The Owners must be ostriches!

The players are loyal to Pearson and we've found a very particular way of playing that suits the players. This is catastrophic!

Continuity of management is so important. We'll probably bring in a baloonhead and we'll sink back into obscurity.

Sad day for me.

HIF
RealGM

Post#47 » by HIF » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Swift3 wrote:Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Shinji Okazaki from Mainz. The Japan international has signed a four-year contract with at the KC Stadium, while his move is subject to a work permit and international clearance.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/06/26/13083262/official-leicester-city-to-sign-okazaki-from-mainz?ICID=HP_BN_1

As a Japanese person, i'm excited to see how Okazaki does in the EPL! With the latest prospect of Kagawa failing in the EPL, I would like to see a Japanese player succeed in the premier league. His track record in Germany speaks for himself. Great signing! Good luck Okazaki!

Obviously wev'e watched him for a long time so I hope he fits in well. With a new manager now needed everything is up in the air though.

I've heard he's a hard worker with a good shot but a bit on the short side. Does he like to play in behind the attackers or as an out and out attacker?

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Post#48 » by Baphomet » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Has to be linked to the prostitute scandal with his son.

Still, he was clearly a pretty good coach. I wonder who you'll end up with.
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#49 » by No_20 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Baphomet wrote:Has to be linked to the prostitute scandal with his son.

Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley, Paul Lambert or Sean Dyche.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,487

Post#50 » by Foye » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:51 pm

HIF wrote:
Swift3 wrote:Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Shinji Okazaki from Mainz. The Japan international has signed a four-year contract with at the KC Stadium, while his move is subject to a work permit and international clearance.

Obviously wev'e watched him for a long time so I hope he fits in well. With a new manager now needed everything is up in the air though.

I've heard he's a hard worker with a good shot but a bit on the short side. Does he like to play in behind the attackers or as an out and out attacker?

His best (and only) position is CF. He's not a creative guy. Just a hard worker with ok technical ability and not much else. Usually, his goals come from reacting quicker than the opposing CBs inside box. Don't expect him scoring from outside the box.

And don't ever try playing him on the wings. That will end up with him stumbling into a defender too often leading to dangerous counter attacks. Plus, he is a very streaky player. When he is hot you'll love him. When he is cold and misses inside of five feet you'll hate him. And he is more often cold than hot. :lol:

Ah and well expect him to be offside quite a lot. :lol:
HIF
RealGM

Post#51 » by HIF » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:03 am

No_20 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:Has to be linked to the prostitute scandal with his son.

Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley, Paul Lambert or Sean Dyche.

Neil Lennon if the owners don't get some big name in. They'll probably try for that since they are sticking their nose into football business.

The players loved him so much it'll need to be someone good. Please not some whiner like Dyche. Needs to be attack minded too.

HIF
RealGM

Post#52 » by HIF » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:05 am

Foye wrote:
HIF wrote:

His best (and only) position is CF. He's not a creative guy. Just a hard worker with ok technical ability and not much else. Usually, his goals come from reacting quicker than the opposing CBs inside box. Don't expect him scoring from outside the box.

And don't ever try playing him on the wings. That will end up with him stumbling into a defender too often leading to dangerous counter attacks. Plus, he is a very streaky player. When he is hot you'll love him. When he is cold and misses inside of five feet you'll hate him. And he is more often cold than hot. :lol:

I'm not sure he'll make the team then. Ulloa, Kramaric and Vardy will be fighting for that position and I think they are all better.

Kramaric could well have a break out season this year.

I just hope he wasn't bought for the owners to have an "asian" player in the squad. I hope it's on merit.

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,487

Post#53 » by Foye » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:52 am

HIF wrote:
Foye wrote:
HIF wrote:

I'm not sure he'll make the team then. Ulloa, Kramaric and Vardy will be fighting for that position and I think they are all better.

I just hope he wasn't bought for the owners to have an "asian" player in the squad. I hope it's on merit.

If it wasn't for the EPL prices nobody on earth would've paid 11 mil. € for him. :dontknow:
I don't get either why Leicester was so interested in him with basically a quadrillion CFs on the roster already.

Anyway, thanks for the money. :lol:
HIF
RealGM

Post#54 » by HIF » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:12 am

Foye wrote:
HIF wrote:
Foye wrote:

If it wasn't for the EPL prices nobody on earth would've paid 11 mil. € for him. :dontknow:
I don't get either why Leicester was so interested in him with basically a quadrillion CFs on the roster already.

Anyway, thanks for the money. :lol:

The owners are Thai and have wanted Asian representation on the team.

Hopefully this is not the disagreement that has resulted in Pearson being sacked but it's possible.

No_20
Veteran

Post#55 » by No_20 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:43 pm

Hiddink:

One of the best coaches in the 00s, but has been awful since he left Chelsea. Failed to qualify Russia for the 2010 World Cup against Slovenia and mediocre results with Turkey and Netherlands.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
HIF
RealGM

Post#56 » by HIF » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:49 pm

No_20 wrote:Hiddink:

One of the best coaches in the 00s, but has been awful since he left Chelsea. Failed to qualify Russia for the 2010 World Cup against Slovenia and mediocre results with Turkey and Netherlands.

He's past it. Let's hope it's not the uneducated owners who make the decision.

Of the names I'm hearing I'd prefer Lennon, Neil not John.

We might be about to sign a decent French midfielder from Caen - that's good.

Had an offer for Austin of £12m turned down too.

HIF
RealGM

Post#57 » by HIF » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:27 pm

Happy that Hiddink isn't interested in a supervisory role.

Would accept Ranieri if they want a "big name" otherwise Lennon is still my preferred choice.

Of course if Klopp wanted to come I'd say yes please.

I see that Palace are about to sign Cabaye from PSG - I'd have liked him.

We need to get a manager in so we can finish of our purchases.

No_20
Veteran

Post#58 » by No_20 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:34 pm

It's very tough to attract to those names when you arent located in London.

It's like the NBA. If you have a choice between New York and Milwaukee and they offer you the same money, you will always pick NY.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#59 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:35 pm

greg monroe disagrees
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
HIF
RealGM

Post#60 » by HIF » Thu Jul 9, 2015 12:13 pm

No_20 wrote:It's very tough to attract to those names when you arent located in London.

It's like the NBA. If you have a choice between New York and Milwaukee and they offer you the same money, you will always pick NY.

I really don't need a "big name" manager as I've said but Ranieri WANTS to come to Leicester then take him. He has pedigree.

Certianly not interested in Preki who has never managed a decent team in a decent league. He's a nobody in a "nothing" league.

Return to The General Soccer Board