Total votes: 59

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,183

Re: Bigger surprise? Messi to PSG vs Cristiano returns to Man Utd 

Post#41 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:59 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

Soccer fans sure are sensitive little things. Clutching their pearls at the notion that somebody doesnt want to hear about their sport on a forum dedicated to a different sport.

In my opinion, you come out as most sensitive here. You proclaim sport you never watched - garbage, and sound so insecure that Soccer is just much bigger thing in the world than anything you like, and that puts you on offensive.

People like a lot of dumb things. If I were on a heavy metal forum and you made a post talking about Ariana Grande I would tell you to **** off back to teen beat chat.

You know, I never called Baseball or American Football garbage because I never watched it, in fact I didn't call it that, because I never watched it. I just dont know how entertaining or not entertaining it is. You claim you dont even know how Ronaldo and Messi look like, which is nice cave you must live in, but still go out of the way to call Soccer garbage. Thats just ignorant child move, somethings not part of my life so it must suck.

I used to never watch Soccer myself, but just get all info from FIFA games whch I was a fan of despite not being a fan of Sport itself really, but several years ago I got Viasat sports subscribtion, purely for Euroleague games, but subscribtion also had Premier league and Champions league games, and after checking it out, I really became a real fan of the sport, I really understand why it is considered great.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#42 » by har13 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:01 pm

What i can't understand is why you call a sport that 90% or more they use their hands (and heads :-? ) "football?

You can call it us you want of course but i just don't know why. :D
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

VeritasTri
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#43 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:05 pm

UcanUwill wrote: You know, I never called Baseball or American Football garbage because I never watched it, in fact I didn't call it that, because I never watched it. I just dont know how entertaining or not entertaining it is. You claim you dont even know how Ronaldo and Messi look like, which is nice cave you must live in, but still go out of the way to call Soccer garbage. Thats just ignorant child move, somethings not part of my life so it must suck.

I used to never watch Soccer myself, but just get all info from FIFA games whch I was a fan of despite not being a fan of Sport itself really, but several years ago I got Viasat sports subscribtion, purely for Euroleague games, but subscribtion also had Premier league and Champions league games, and after checking it out, I really became a real fan of the sport, I really understand why it is considered great.

Thats super awesome for you!

Now please, with sugar on top, **** off to a soccer forum to discuss it.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#44 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:10 pm

har13 wrote:What i can't understand is why you call a sport that 90% or more they use their hands (and heads :-? ) "football?

You can call it us you want of course but i just don't know why. :D

Very old time ago, most popular sports used to be played on Horseback. Football meant game that is played on foot, and thats the justification. I mean Americans will never get rid of second amendment, despite the fact it was written when guns were essential to fight the British and cities had 4 buildings and hundred people max, where today every staircase so crowded, it will have at least a few undiagnosed mental patients in any of it, and we have mass shootings daily in USA, so you know, it makes sense that they of all people will call sport Football because it made sense to call it that way in times when steam engine was science fiction.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,276

Post#45 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:12 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

Soccer fans sure are sensitive little things. Clutching their pearls at the notion that somebody doesnt want to hear about their sport on a forum dedicated to a different sport.

In my opinion, you come out as most sensitive here. You proclaim sport you never watched - garbage, and sound so insecure that Soccer is just much bigger thing in the world than anything you like, and that puts you on offensive.

People like a lot of dumb things. If I were on a heavy metal forum and you made a post talking about Ariana Grande I would tell you to **** off back to teen beat chat.

settle down big guy
har13
Analyst

Post#46 » by har13 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:12 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

You know, I never called Baseball or American Football garbage because I never watched it, in fact I didn't call it that, because I never watched it. I just dont know how entertaining or not entertaining it is. You claim you dont even know how Ronaldo and Messi look like, which is nice cave you must live in, but still go out of the way to call Soccer garbage. Thats just ignorant child move, somethings not part of my life so it must suck.

I used to never watch Soccer myself, but just get all info from FIFA games whch I was a fan of despite not being a fan of Sport itself really, but several years ago I got Viasat sports subscribtion, purely for Euroleague games, but subscribtion also had Premier league and Champions league games, and I really became a real fan of the sport, I really understand why it is considered great.

I watched few Super bowls and its ok i can say, most of the time you watch commercials tho because they stop the game all the time and i don't know 30% of the game rules but fine, its a very dangerous sport tho.

Baseball, i watched 2 games, boring and very slow for my taste .

I like the movies with baseball and American football tho.. :D
#FreeChuckDiesel

It’s a magical weed.

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#47 » by skones » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:14 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

You are literally throwing a hissy fit over a soccer thread being on a basketball forum and you have the audacity to call others sensitive?

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#48 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:29 pm

har13 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:

I used to never watch Soccer myself, but just get all info from FIFA games whch I was a fan of despite not being a fan of Sport itself really, but several years ago I got Viasat sports subscribtion, purely for Euroleague games, but subscribtion also had Premier league and Champions league games, and I really became a real fan of the sport, I really understand why it is considered great.

I watched few Super bowls and its ok i can say, most of the time you watch commercials tho because they stop the game all the time and i don't know 30% of the game rules but fine, its a very dangerous sport tho.

American Football really embodies everything whats wrong with American sports broadcast. It is all about commercial time, sports in AMerica is just a big advertising scam. if you ever tried watching F1 on American channel, it is so asinine. They literally cut to commercials in the middle of the race, all the time, they do it so often, they came up with screen withing a screen, where you will be watching commercial, but on the right corner you will have a little screen showing actual race...

They ruined basketball too, timeout length and the number of stoppage every game has is insulting, it is almost unwatchable to me at this point. As a person who watches Euroleague and FIBA and know how it suppose to be, NBA is just not a good time. Sadly Americans been dealing with this for so long they dont know any better anymore, they been so mistreated.

Thats why Soccer will never be sold to Americans, because no matter how ignorant you are, you know you cant cut to commercials during a Soccer match, I bet they would want to do that stuff, but even in America that wouldnt fly, so Soccer is just not being sold, there is no money in 90 minutes of guys kicking a ball.
norcocredo
Rookie
And1: 1,437

Post#49 » by norcocredo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:36 pm

I have no idea why anyone is talking about 2 of the biggest players in history in the most popular sport in the world when we have the NBA finals going on with Lebron vs KD. So much basketball and so many basketball storylines to discuss instead.
har13
Analyst

Post#50 » by har13 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:03 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
har13 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

American Football really embodies everything whats wrong with American sports broadcast. It is all about commercial time, sports in AMerica is just a big advertising scam. if you ever tried watching F1 on American channel, it is so asinine. They literally cut to commercials in the middle of the race, all the time, they do it so often, they came up with screen withing a screen, where you will be watching commercial, but on the right corner you will have a little screen showing actual race...

They ruined basketball too, timeout length and the number of stoppage every game has is insulting, it is almost unwatchable to me at this point. As a person who watches Euroleague and FIBA and know how it suppose to be, NBA is just not a good time. Sadly Americans been dealing with this for so long they dont know any better anymore, they been so mistreated.

Thats why Soccer will never be sold to Americans, because no matter how ignorant you are, you know you cant cut to commercials during a Soccer match, I bet they would want to do that stuff, but even in America that wouldnt fly, so Soccer is just not being sold, there is no money in 90 minutes of guys kicking a ball.

Exactly to the point my friend..
#FreeChuckDiesel

It’s a magical weed.

VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#51 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:20 pm

skones wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:
Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

You are literally throwing a hissy fit over a soccer thread being on a basketball forum and you have the audacity to call others sensitive?

I made a short post wondering why theres a soccer thread in a basketball forum and got called a douchebag, called insecure, told im throwing a hissy fit, and heckled by a mod over it.

Seems like flopping and acting like a child is common amongst soccer players AND fans.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#52 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:45 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
SUPERVILLAIN wrote:Here's the attention you ordered douchebag.

He makes a point (not specifically about soccer). Where do we draw the line? Can I make posts about e-sports as well? Maybe some chess threads? The World Series of Poker is coming up soon, we could do a thread for that as well on the Basketball General Board.

Or, we can use the off topic / other sports boards within Realgm...but those won't get you the clicks and attention you want since they're not so frequently visited.

Its not hard to draw a line here... Ronaldo and Messi are still global phenom athletes signing with some if the biggest sports franchises of all time, I think that can get a pass as OT thread here.

I really dont like when people say where do we draw the line, when most of the time its obvious where to draw it. It is like when Trump used this same excuse when America where taking down slavers confederate generals' statues.

Is it obvious though? Roger Federer and Nadal are two of the biggest global sports stars as well, they'll not be competing in the US Open coming up to see who of them and Djokovic will be the first to 21 Grand Slams (a historic achievement in Tennis). Should I go make an OT "Breaking News: Nadal out of US open" and "Breaking News: Federer out of US Open"? Same for Serena, the female GOAT of a sport played around the world.

Throwing Trump in there is just weird. This is a logical thing to ask - there's tons of major global sports where big achievements happen every week, should we get an OT thread for them? There's a huge fight (err, more like "spectacle") happening tomorrow with Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley - it's all over social media, should we get a fight night thread going?
ChantMVP
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#53 » by ChantMVP » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
skones wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:

I made a short post wondering why theres a soccer thread in a basketball forum and got called a douchebag, called insecure, told im throwing a hissy fit, and heckled by a mod over it.

Seems like flopping and acting like a child is common amongst soccer players AND fans.

"You kids get off my dang lawn!"
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#54 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:06 pm

ChantMVP wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:
skones wrote:

Oh no, being negatively compared to a person who wants others to respect the appropriate place for activities!

Yes, get off my lawn you rude self righteous clowns.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 569

Post#55 » by ACMFFL » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:21 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
skones wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:

Sir, so why didn't you say a single word against Ohtani's thread if your problem is the OT? Maybe cause it wasn't about football/soccer..?
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,467

Post#56 » by Slim Charlez » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:23 pm

Ronaldo to United rumors have been around for 10 years now, Messi ever actually leaving Barca has to be more shocking.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,276

Post#57 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:25 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
ChantMVP wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:

Oh no, being negatively compared to a person who wants others to respect the appropriate place for activities!

ok Karen
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,463

Post#58 » by azcatz11 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Honestly there is nothing worse than posters trying to mod and dictate what should be posted. Some of us enjoy these OT threads so why ruin it? Don't click the thread if you don't like it.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#59 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:30 pm

ACMFFL wrote:Sir, so why didn't you say a single word against Ohtani's thread if your problem is the OT? Maybe cause it wasn't about football/soccer..?

My view applies to all non basketball threads on the GB, not just the soccer ones. I remember seeing the Ohtani thread and wondering why it was here as well. I also saw a pacquiao one earlier this week I think. Then I come in here today and see 2 soccer threads at the top. So it was more straw that broke the camels back than directly soccer related.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#60 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:30 pm

clyde21 wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:
ChantMVP wrote:

ok Karen

Ok Shaniqua.

Return to The General Soccer Board