UFC March 27th - Stipe vs Francis, Ortega vs Volk

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC March 27th - Stipe vs Francis, Ortega vs Volk 

Post#101 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:39 am

Read on Twitter
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 997

Post#102 » by agentofatlas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:42 am

REDDzone wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:
REDDzone wrote:You guys really think Jones fights Ngannou? I really think the chances are slim but I've been wrong before (just very, very rarely).

Probably not lol. I agree I don't like his chances. But Jones is a pretty smarty fighter, he might have the answers.

The thing with Jones is that he will NOT trade with Ngannou. He's much smarter than that. If the fight happens, he definitely has a chance due to his fight IQ.

Yeah he definitely won't. I don't think he can eat those bombs like what Stipe did. He needs to take him down but with the weight difference it's gonna be hard. Jon might need to go on the juice again(if he's not on it already) lol.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#103 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:48 am

agentofatlas wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:
Probably not lol. I agree I don't like his chances. But Jones is a pretty smarty fighter, he might have the answers.

The thing with Jones is that he will NOT trade with Ngannou. He's much smarter than that. If the fight happens, he definitely has a chance due to his fight IQ.

Yeah he definitely won't. I don't think he can eat those bombs like what Stipe did. He needs to take him down but with the weight difference it's gonna be hard. Jon might need to go on the juice again(if he's not on it already) lol.

It’s not like Stipe wanted to trade with him. Francis was really patient and his stand up was great and not wild at all.

Don’t think there’s anything Stipe could have done differently besides not rush in after he landed that counter right. But he was already really hurt and on his way out by then. No way his brain was functioning well at that moment.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#104 » by agentofatlas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:52 am

Dupp wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

It’s not like Stipe wanted to trade with him. Francis was really patient and his stand up was great and not wild at all.

Don’t think there’s anything Stipe could have done differently besides not rush in after he landed that counter right. But he was already really hurt and on his way out by then. No way his brain was functioning well at that moment.

Oh for sure. I'm not implying that Stipe wanted to trade with him, it's just that your gonna eat some bombs when fighting with Francis.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#105 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:54 am

Read on Twitter

Francis is a 6”4 freak and look at him next to Joel. Nba players are freaks.

( and no one get your panties twisted I know Francis would murder anyone in the nba)
agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by agentofatlas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:56 am

Dana beaming lol.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#107 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:57 am

Honestly the ONLY thing that bothers me about Francis (the one and only asterix) is that IF Cain didn't tweak his knee on the way down to the canvas after being brutally KOed by Ngannou, he would have for sure revived himself to come back and win like the GOAT he is.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#108 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:09 am

Call me crazy, but Ngannou/Jones can wait. Stipe deserves the trilogy if he doesn't walk away.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#109 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:16 am

I dunno what happens with jones but beyond that Francis really might become Tyson like. Complete freak that everyone’s jus scared to fight him. What happens after he kills Lewis ? Everyone’s gonna lose the fight before they even enter the octagon
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#110 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:35 am

Exciting to have a fight where it feels like the guy can legit put Jon away. Jon’s chin is better with way less wear on it than Stipe’s, but you still can’t let Francis touch you.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Post#111 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:54 am

Nemesis21 wrote:Call me crazy, but Ngannou/Jones can wait. Stipe deserves the trilogy if he doesn't walk away.

Stipe needs to call it a career. As it stands right now, he has the greatest resume any HW MMA fighter has had. The dude has been in nothing but wars for 3 years now.

25 minutes of surviving Francis the first time (he took bombs in that fight)
KO'd by DC
4 rounds of hell before KOing DC
25 minutes of solid back and forth with DC in their last fight
Now massive KO by Francis

These are HW we are talking about, HW wars take a whole different level of damage than other weight classes. I hope his family and camp convince him to call it a career.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Post#112 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:57 am

Jon is on a completely different level when it comes to athleticism than Stipe. Jon is much longer and knows how to use his kicks to keep the distance as well. Plus Jon would be the best MMA grappler Francis has faced to date. If Jon can close the distance, even with the size differential, Jon will probably get him down and look to finish him.

It will be a very interesting match up.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#113 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:11 am

If Jon can finish this monster it’ll be cool to see. Almost as appealing as him getting ko’d. That’d be some real goat ****.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#114 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:14 am

And yeah Stipe should retire or take a boxing fight against fury or Joshua or someone if. He needs to fight. If Stipe still has some appeal after losing this one.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#115 » by SichtingLives » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:51 am

Somehow I want to see the Lewis rematch. It can't suck as bad as the first one and Lewis prob deserves the shot. Would like to see Stipe trilogy too but I cant see Stipe wanting another piece of Francis ManGod NGannous. He'd rather run through a fire naked than get his foot twisted off like a classic coke bottle
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:23 am

Jon vs Francis or Stipe is exciting as hell. Can’t wait for that. Francis is sooo scary. I think Jon fights better when he has real fear.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:26 am

SichtingLives wrote:Somehow I want to see the Lewis rematch. It can't suck as bad as the first one and Lewis prob deserves the shot. Would like to see Stipe trilogy too but I cant see Stipe wanting another piece of Francis ManGod NGannous. He'd rather run through a fire naked than get his foot twisted off like a classic coke bottle

Psshh. Stipe fears nothing. I have no doubts he’d sign that rematch right now.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#118 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 am

Meanwhile

agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#119 » by agentofatlas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:33 am

Dupp wrote:Meanwhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect night for Dana lol. O' Mally and Francis win and Woodley lost.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#120 » by Headliner » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:18 am

Poor Stipe, but like I said after the DC fight, he should have retired and only accepted the Jones fight for the pay/legacy.
Fighting Francis was a bad decision, he’s a life stealer, and now it’s a blemish to his legacy.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts