Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Official Drug Thread 

Post#21 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jun 4, 2015 12:24 am

CPT wrote:Interesting.

First two things that come to mind:

1) Is this enough to satisfy GSP and get him back?

2) The Diaz bros are gonna be pissed.

saw elsewhere that the recreational drugs will only be in a certain window around competition
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#22 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jun 4, 2015 12:28 am

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,958

Post#23 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 12:54 am

cowboyronnie wrote:resentful and petty

I'd say the resentment was earned, and I don't think it's petty to point out an obviously flip in UFC policy (and the possible lies in the past in support of the old ones).
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#24 » by REDDzone » Thu Jun 4, 2015 2:56 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/606165170944131072[/tweet]

resentful and petty and absolutely spot on

fixed.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#25 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jun 4, 2015 3:43 am

Hold every blowhard CEO to everything they've ever said, you're not going to facilitate good policy-making.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 951

Post#26 » by SDM » Thu Jun 4, 2015 12:45 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Hold every blowhard CEO to everything they've ever said, you're not going to facilitate good policy-making.

In theory, but Dana's the de facto spokesman for the entire industry and he heads the clear industry leader.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,772

Post#27 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 4:45 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/606165170944131072[/tweet]

resentful and petty

If Askren would just shut up, he may actually find himself in the UFC one of these days.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#28 » by REDDzone » Thu Jun 4, 2015 5:28 pm

Cammo101 wrote:If Askren would just shut up, he may actually find himself in the UFC one of these days.

Its not going to happen, dude. Askren is one of these dudes like Tim Kennedy, Matt Mitrione. He isn't capable of not speaking exactly what's on his mind at all times. He is not #TEAMUFC without exception like some.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,772

Post#29 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:05 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:If Askren would just shut up, he may actually find himself in the UFC one of these days.

Its not going to happen, dude. Askren is one of these dudes like Tim Kennedy, Matt Mitrione. He isn't capable of not speaking exactly what's on his mind at all times. He is not #TEAMUFC without exception like some.

What a waste.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 951

Post#30 » by SDM » Thu Jun 4, 2015 8:47 pm

I want to see the best fighters compete under the same, comfy umbrella, so it is a waste in that regard, but I admire the hell out of him.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#31 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jun 4, 2015 8:57 pm

Agreed. He's super admirable. Hope he Metamorises or something. Can probably make OneFC scratch.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#32 » by REDDzone » Thu Jun 4, 2015 9:51 pm

I don't think its a waste. I'm guessing his mindset is a huge aspect of why he is such a successful competitor.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#33 » by REDDzone » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:23 am

Mike Richman, who I have been a fan of for yearssss popped for PEDs. He will get a TWO YEAR suspension. Not sure why it would be more than usual, is that CA's standard, now?

If there is anything to say for the guy, at least he isn't a liar and is facing this like a man:

In regards to my positive test results for an Anabolic Steroid. I want to say that I lost the integrity in myself and the integrity of this sport. I will not sit here and deny that I took it or act like I didn't know what I was taking or blame it on someone else. I am a cheat, plan and simple and there is no excuse or reason that is valid enough to dispute the reasons why I cheated the sport and myself by using it. I want to apologize to Bellator MMA for my actions. I want to apologize again to my hard working Teammates who are not cutting corners and busting their asses off everyday in the gym to better themselves. I want to apologize to My head MMA coach Greg Nelson for making him and his gym the Academy look bad. He had no knowledge of me using at all. I want to make the same apology to my S&C coach Matt Miller of Horsepower strength and conditioning, he also had no knowledge of my use of this Anabolic Steroid. I apologize to all my sponsors that support me, my family that loves me, and my friends and fans that cheer for me. I deserve every bit of backlash and hate I'm going to receive from the media and the fans of this great sport. I take full responsibility in my actions and the decisions I made. I also deserve the punishment the CA state athletic commission brought down upon me.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/9/8753897/bellators-mike-richman-tests-positive-for-performance-enhancing-drug
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#34 » by REDDzone » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:32 am

Also relevant to the drug thread:

Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Jasen777 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 am

REDDzone wrote:Mike Richman, who I have been a fan of for yearssss popped for PEDs. He will get a TWO YEAR suspension. Not sure why it would be more than usual, is that CA's standard, now?

I was shocked... that a Bellator fighter got drug tested. :P 2 years for a first offense? It's a new era, he should have cheated last year.

If there is anything to say for the guy, at least he isn't a liar and is facing this like a man:

He's got that at least.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#36 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:47 am

No passive excuses either. He didn't do the, "No excuses, man...but x, y, and z."
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:49 am

"Fight, pee, it’s the same thing to me."

Jose Aldo underwent random drug test Thursday, but urine sample was discarded

Ben Mosier from Drug Free Sport lab went to Nova Uniao on Thursday morning to collect urine sample from the 145-pound champion, but Aldo's manager, Andre Pederneiras, was suspicious about the man. Aldo gave Mosier the urine sample, but Pederneiras contacted the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) about the test, and CABMMA officials informed Pederneiras that they were not informed by it either.

According to Pederneiras, CABMMA COO Cristiano Sampaio contacted the Brazilian federal police and met Pederneiras, Aldo, and Mosier at Nova Uniao. They learned that Mosier is licensed by the Nevada Athletic Commission, however his visa doesn’t allow him to work in Brazil. Mosier was issued a $130 dollar fine and has been given eight days to leave the country.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#38 » by REDDzone » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:43 am

The NSAC is a band of stooges and literally cannot get ANYTHING right, ever. I don't even understand how its possible that they are so bad at what they do.

People will bash Aldo for this, but good for him. I don't think they should be able to just send randoms who aren't licensed to drug test him. I also don't think guys should have to submit to drug tests if they aren't licensed to fight. Maybe you build that into future contracts or something, but did someone who has been in the ufc for a long time really submit to that, drug testing anytime anywhere for any reason when they signed? I'm not sure if this was serious or not, but I read that fighters will have to submit to the ufc when they are going on family vacations (literally) once the new rules kick in.

Independent contractors.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#39 » by REDDzone » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Rony Jason fails drust test in Brazil, suspended 9 months.

Weird that other first time offender in Richman was suspended two years. Is there a distinction between steroids and diuretics in terms of severity of punishment? Or was it just the difference in commissions?
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:47 pm

Probably mostly because of the commissions. Nevada has 2 years for Diuretics, 3 years for steroids.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts