Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Who wins the fight? Zion or McGregor

Zion in KO
25%
McGregor in KO
75%

Total votes: 658

Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,181

Re: Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins? 

Post#21 » by Optms » Sun May 17, 2020 2:19 am

I am utterly dumbfounded at how lopsided this is for in favor of McGreror. Do people not realize Zion is twice his size and literately a walking slab of muscle?
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,339

Post#22 » by SerialChiller » Sun May 17, 2020 2:23 am

Probably the exact opposite of what would happen if they played a game of one on one basketball.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,670

Post#23 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:24 am

Optms wrote:I am utterly dumbfounded at how lopsided this is for in favor of McGreror. Do people not realize Zion is twice his size and literately a walking slab of muscle?

McGregor is a professional fighter.

We have no clue if Zion is skilled in fighting.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,339

Post#24 » by SerialChiller » Sun May 17, 2020 2:26 am

Optms wrote:I am utterly dumbfounded at how lopsided this is for in favor of McGreror. Do people not realize Zion is twice his size and literately a walking slab of muscle?

One is a trained professional fighter though. Now who knows what kinda fighter Zion is but if he hasnt been in his share of brawls conners experience will trump him and even if he has will he properly use his size well enough to make up the skill gap.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#25 » by Wilber85 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:27 am

Lets keep size similar . Keep same weight class

Put Deontay Wilder vs Zion or Ngannou vs Zion....

Zion is soft , dude would get KOd in round 1 . Just cause he is big doesnt mean he can fight . Doubt he has been in a fight his entire life
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,132

Post#26 » by Duke4life831 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:36 am

I'll tell you the much more likely scenario is Zion ends up passed out on the ground from a choke or on the ground in pain from a broken arm.

The true weight cancelation is BJJ. My guess is Conor would throw some kicks and try and keep separation, but the second Zion throws an off balanced punch, Conor probably just grabs him and it's game over. Conor is a Brown Belt in BJJ, a Brown belt submits someone with no BJJ training with ease very quickly.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 20,052

Post#27 » by thebigbird » Sun May 17, 2020 2:38 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Zion is enormous. He doesn't need to be that skilled in fighting when he's 9 inches taller and 100+ pounds heavier. He could pick McGregor up and slam him onto the ground in a back alley fight.
Marcus_Shart
Starter
And1: 3,599

Post#28 » by Marcus_Shart » Sun May 17, 2020 2:40 am

Zion's getting submitted or a busted knee unless there's a box of krispy kreme on the line.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,952

Post#29 » by Jakay » Sun May 17, 2020 2:40 am

This isn't even a fair question. If you don't know how to avoid submission holds you pretty much need to get lucky.

Now instead of a back alley brawl, make this an Angel Dust fueled fight, and I think we've got a contest.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,132

Post#30 » by Duke4life831 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:45 am

thebigbird wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Zion is enormous. He doesn't need to be that skilled in fighting when he's 9 inches taller and 100+ pounds heavier. He could pick McGregor up and slam him onto the ground in a back alley fight.

That would be the worst thing for Zion to do. Again Conor is a Brown belt in BJJ, he has been training clinch and Judo work for years. I don't care the size difference, you don't want to grab a hold of a Brown belt in BJJ when you have zero training.

It would be much smarter for Zion to just swing for the fences from the outside and hope he lands a lucky punch.
Marcus_Shart
Starter
And1: 3,599

Post#31 » by Marcus_Shart » Sun May 17, 2020 2:47 am

Zion would lose to someone like James Johnson who is less of a physical marvel, but has some mma background. A better question would be Conor vs him. Even someone like Robert Parish in his 30's would be a better question being he at least trained some martial arts. Ask Laimbeer
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,974

Post#32 » by cdubbz » Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 am

birdlives_ma wrote:That'd be a really interesting fight. McGregor is obviously the pro, but I think some are discounting the size a bit too much. Zion's got 9 inches and 100ish pounds on him. Assuming Zion's been in a fight before and knows what to do, that difference in reach miiiiiight be able to keep Conor away long enough to set up the bear hug/bull rush/belly flop

I like the bull rush idea. If Zion can eat a non critical punch or kick and can grab Connor he may have a chance!

If Zion doesn’t wanna bull rush he can just keep separating Connor with pushes and kicks and pray he doesn’t grab him.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Picasso
Rookie
And1: 896

Post#33 » by Picasso » Sun May 17, 2020 2:56 am

Yeah, I like zion, and am not a fan of Mcgreggor however rhisnone is easily Mcgreggor. Fornthe same reason I had mayweather destroying mcgreggor in boxing. A fight is McGreggors thing. This wouldnt be boxing. If it was a straight up fight, its Mcgreggor.

Now it this a street fight and zion brings a machete and Mcgreggor just has his hands the advantage does shift to zion. But he better not let Mcgreggor or any trained fighter for that matter get that machete.
I had to jump off the boat to walk on water.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,496

Post#34 » by D.Brasco » Sun May 17, 2020 3:03 am

First of all McGregor weighs about 170 lbs outside of the cage, he used to kill himself to dehydrate down to 145 lbs and can't even make that weight anymore if he wanted to.

Either way McGregor would be smart enough to land a few kicks to Zion's knees and watch him tumble.
Nonstop
Pro Prospect
And1: 294

Post#35 » by Nonstop » Sun May 17, 2020 3:04 am

A trained fighter in any capacity is a few steps above an athlete that’s just naturally big. But I still think that 6’6 280+ would overwhelm a fighter almost a foot shorter
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,670

Post#36 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:08 am

thebigbird wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

As if Zion would get the chance to pick up McGregor.

Some of you guys really underestimate fighting skill.

Size isn't everything.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,375

Post#37 » by Reeko » Sun May 17, 2020 3:11 am

Conor would have to bounce in and out with the strikes while keeping his distance. If Zion got a hold of him it would be bad news. For those saying that BJJ is the neutralizer of strength, that is only up to a point. Another thing to keep in mind is that many, if not most, martial arts schools teach sport BJJ. So let's say Zion grabs Conor and Conor decides to go for a standing arm bar, in a BJJ match you're not allowed to slam opponents but in a back alley brawl there is nothing stopping Zion from smashing Conor into a wall or the pavement.

Reminds me of when Wilt and Ali were getting set to square off in the ring. Except that was actually something thought to be possible and this is a thread on RealGM.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,496

Post#38 » by D.Brasco » Sun May 17, 2020 3:11 am

Nonstop wrote:A trained fighter in any capacity is a few steps above an athlete that’s just naturally big. But I still think that 6’6 280+ would overwhelm a fighter almost a foot shorter

And this is from a complete amateur in this video.

McGregor has multiple weapons to take out Zion aside from his fists too. Target the knees with some nasty oblique kicks or scramble and get Zion in a choke hold.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,485

Post#39 » by tdotrep2 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:12 am

if connor could survive the initial onslaught then he just walks down a tired zion
mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#40 » by mtron929 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:20 am

[code][/code]
thebigbird wrote:I think there's about a zero percent chance that McGregor wins a back alley fight with a pro athlete literally twice as heavy as him. They have weight classes in UFC for a reason.

But it won't be a brawl from McGregor's point of view. He would be smart and stay on the outside and then most likely get some good shots in from the outside, and it will be game over.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts