Re: 285 - Jones/Gane, Valentina, Rakhmonov, Bo Nickal 

Post#21 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 4, 2023 5:32 am

Everyone make weight?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#22 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 4, 2023 10:14 am

I might actually pay for this ppv. V excited.

The Francis wrestling against gane is a bit overstated. Some of the takedowns he got Jones couldn’t replicate, they were pure power. But mainly they didn’t plan for that really at all. That’s the main threat vs Jon.

Also, Cyril’s so young in the game is rate of improvement should be pretty rapid. Dude should have significantly better tdd come tomorrow.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#23 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 4, 2023 10:15 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Everyone make weight?

Neal missed by 4 or 5 pounds but Shavkat still happy to maul him.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#24 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 4, 2023 10:18 am

Also Dana basically saying Francis is never welcome back in the ufc is peak douchebaggery. Man is such a massive pos.

Also tried to say he doesn’t have money. Said he’s be broke if he took off 3 years like Jon. Man just lies through his teeth about everything
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,918

Post#25 » by ronnymac2 » Sat Mar 4, 2023 9:24 pm

Shavkat is going to get the finish inside 1 most likely. Neal missing weight for the first time in about a decade to me means he's either got other things going on or had an injury in camp. I know statistically fighters who miss weight win more, but Neal missing by that much is bad. Plus...he was a dog for a reason pre-weigh-in. Shavkat could win a title right now.

Fight of the main card is easily Gamrot vs. Turner. No idea who wins that, but should be great.

Undercard is sneakily very good, too. Garry, Marquez, Ribas, Dricus, and No Love vs. a can is pretty cool.

Bones hasn't taken a man down in years despite being in close stand-up fights. If Jon chooses to take Gane down, he wins handily, but is that still in his arsenal at age 35? Wrestling isn't something you acquire and then have for life. You have to keep it sharp.

I don't know, but definitely rooting for Gane. I've never rooted for Jones in my life. Approaches Michael Jordan as far as sports talent but approaches Javaris Crittenton as far as off-field deeds. Him getting cheered all this week is despicable. Half the reason I want Gane to win is to simply ruin the night of the tools who root for Jones.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,965

Post#26 » by Jasen777 » Sat Mar 4, 2023 10:04 pm

Dupp wrote:Also Dana basically saying Francis is never welcome back in the ufc is peak douchebaggery. Man is such a massive pos.

Also tried to say he doesn’t have money. Said he’s be broke if he took off 3 years like Jon. Man just lies through his teeth about everything

Anything is possible.

Dupp
RealGM

Post#27 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 4, 2023 11:44 pm

ronnymac2 wrote:Shavkat is going to get the finish inside 1 most likely. Neal missing weight for the first time in about a decade to me means he's either got other things going on or had an injury in camp. I know statistically fighters who miss weight win more, but Neal missing by that much is bad. Plus...he was a dog for a reason pre-weigh-in. Shavkat could win a title right now.

Fight of the main card is easily Gamrot vs. Turner. No idea who wins that, but should be great.

Undercard is sneakily very good, too. Garry, Marquez, Ribas, Dricus, and No Love vs. a can is pretty cool.

Bones hasn't taken a man down in years despite being in close stand-up fights. If Jon chooses to take Gane down, he wins handily, but is that still in his arsenal at age 35? Wrestling isn't something you acquire and then have for life. You have to keep it sharp.

I don't know, but definitely rooting for Gane. I've never rooted for Jones in my life. Approaches Michael Jordan as far as sports talent but approaches Javaris Crittenton as far as off-field deeds. Him getting cheered all this week is despicable. Half the reason I want Gane to win is to simply ruin the night of the tools who root for Jones.

They did a quiz on believe you me and fighters who missed weight in the last 12 months were pretty much 50/50. Can’t remember if it was 20 or 40 sample size.

But yeh Shavkat beats Leon and usman
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#28 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Mar 5, 2023 12:32 am

Jones was a Greco guy, right? So TDs require clinches, which won't be easy against a guy with Gane's footwork.

Then again, Gane has fought a lot of stationary dudes recently. Lewis and Taivusa. So it's hard to know what he looks like against another guy who is elusive, doesn't take (m)any direct strikes, and fights at length.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,812

Post#29 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 5, 2023 12:38 am

Great fights so far
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,965

Post#30 » by Jasen777 » Sun Mar 5, 2023 12:50 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Jones was a Greco guy, right? So TDs require clinches, which won't be easy against a guy with Gane's footwork.

He also wrestled in college, which is folkstyle (pretty much freestyle). But I don't really know how much that is relevant compared to whatever he's been doing in his MMA training for so long.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#31 » by Susan » Sun Mar 5, 2023 1:06 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Jones was a Greco guy, right? So TDs require clinches, which won't be easy against a guy with Gane's footwork.

Then again, Gane has fought a lot of stationary dudes recently. Lewis and Taivusa. So it's hard to know what he looks like against another guy who is elusive, doesn't take (m)any direct strikes, and fights at length.

Jones didn't have any actual time doing Greco - he legit taught himself it via YouTube back when YouTube was far less advanced than it is right now. He's an absolute savant and he was doing absurd throws on dudes in the UFC that he taught himself on YouTube and embarrassing fools.

Gane called himself lazy in the build up for this fight - he looked so pathetic on the ground against Francis and IMO Jones would embarrass Francis in a grappling match fairly easily. Physically Jones and Gane are probably really similar but Jones is without question the smartest grappler not named Khabib in the history of the sport. Jones just has to get him down once and that fight is over.

Watched the highlights of Jones/Gus 2 because I think it lays the best case that Jones' decline was from disinterest and not physical decline - he ran through Gus like a knife though butter in 2018 when he was at his absolute peak of dominance in 2013 in his razor close win in the first fight.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#32 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 5, 2023 4:44 am

Neal is a warrior but man Shavkat is a beast
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 5, 2023 5:22 am

HUGE UPSET!
Dupp
RealGM

Post#34 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 5, 2023 5:50 am

Cyril looked awful
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#35 » by Susan » Sun Mar 5, 2023 5:52 am

Dupp wrote:Cyril looked awful

No, Jones is the goat GOAT. Greatest fighter ever.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 5, 2023 5:57 am

That sucked balls not what I expected at all whatsoever.

Hopefully Stipe can knock out Jones.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#37 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 5, 2023 5:57 am

Please don't tell me you guys thought some guy who almost got finished by Tai Tuivasa was gonna beat Jon Jones? Lmao. Easy money.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#38 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 5, 2023 5:58 am

The only man on the planet who can defeat Jon Jones in MMA is Francis Ngannou. Unfortunately that fight isn't happening. RIP Stipe.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#39 » by VanWest82 » Sun Mar 5, 2023 5:59 am

I can't believe how fat and slow and old Jones looked and he still finished Gane like it was nothing. This guy is the GOAT.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#40 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 5, 2023 6:02 am

Valentina gonna get that **** straight back. Huge mistake cost her a title she was cruising to.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts