UFC 258

Moderator: lilfishi22

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Re: UFC 258 

Post#61 » by Headliner » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:18 am

Dupp wrote:Dan hooker knocked out burns but Khabib has no chance against him? Lol. That dudes khabib takes get dumber every time he posts.

So Khabib is knocking out burns?
A KICKBOXING champion KO’d a guy, so that means a pure wrestler would also beat him?

This is the problem with small sample sizes, it leads to poor analysis. Khabib fought 4 quality opponents. He demolished 3 and beat 1. The 3 demolished were strikers, the one he beat was RDA, so he will destroy everyone. Perfect. No need for him to fight anyone every, he’s beating DC.

You think he’s beating Usman or Colby?
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,045

Post#62 » by RamonSessions7 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm

I would favor Usman very slightly in a Khabib matchup, but that’s why I want to see it. I haven’t thought any of Khabib’s opponents have stood much of a chance going into their fights and they basically played out that way

Don’t really have any interest in GSP, whose last fight outside of the Bisping title/money grab was over 7 years ago, at this point as a match up for either.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#63 » by REDDzone » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:05 pm

Was the first Usman/Masvidal fight even good? I remember that being a pretty lucklaster affair. Definitely not fiending for a rematch.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#64 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:01 pm

Headliner wrote:
Dupp wrote:Dan hooker knocked out burns but Khabib has no chance against him? Lol. That dudes khabib takes get dumber every time he posts.

So Khabib is knocking out burns?
A KICKBOXING champion KO’d a guy, so that means a pure wrestler would also beat him?

Exactly. No way does a pure wrestler beat Burns... nevermind KO him.

Wouldn't happen. Can't see it. Especially not a wrestler with long punches and a good jab.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#65 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:02 pm

REDDzone wrote:Was the first kiUsman/Masvidal fight even good? I remember that being a pretty lucklaster affair. Definitely not fiending for a rematch.

Masvidal was a mess, it was clear.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#66 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:07 pm

Burns walked straight into the pocket, no head movement at all. It's why those punches were so punishing. All of his force moving forward, no movement to take off the sting.

People should not be overhyping Usman's jab. It's good but dis/credit goes to Burns too for being terrible.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,045

Post#67 » by RamonSessions7 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:15 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Burns walked straight into the pocket, no head movement at all. It's why those punches were so punishing. All of his force moving forward, no movement to take off the sting.

People should not be overhyping Usman's jab. It's good but dis/credit goes to Burns too for being terrible.

Agree. His jab is great vs others whose strength isn’t striking, but there’s a reason you barely see any stand up out of him vs a short notice Masvidal or even Woodley
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#68 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:47 pm

I just re-watched the first round again. Usman was getting lit up in parts. Looked like a newborn dear he was so awkward and off-balance. And at four distinct times Burns came over his jab to land counter crosses.

That's not a great jab.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#69 » by Dupp » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:07 am

cowboyronnie wrote:I just re-watched the first round again. Usman was getting lit up in parts. Looked like a newborn dear he was so awkward and off-balance. And at four distinct times Burns came over his jab to land counter crosses.

That's not a great jab.

Burns wasted that first round laying on his back so long. Should have kept the pressure on.

Usmans jab got better as the fight went on. He was more confident and burns wasn’t landing the overhand right over the top of it.

At the very leas it’s a very powerful jab. Long and strong :eyebrows:
It kept burns’ overhand at bay once it was established.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts