Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Who wins the fight? Zion or McGregor

Zion in KO
25%
McGregor in KO
75%

Total votes: 658

J___Av
Junior
And1: 454

Re: Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins? 

Post#81 » by J___Av » Sun May 17, 2020 6:05 am

Well if they are in a back ally Conor is likely on one of his drunken bendors and can hardly stand. So Zion all day

Zion is likely too nice to beat up a drunken Conor though
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,894

Post#82 » by Zeitgeister » Sun May 17, 2020 6:09 am

Buckets22 wrote:
RoundMoundOfRebound wrote:Larger vs smaller fighers..

Good video, but it's missing the other side.

In his early career Bob Sapp did some serious damage beating Ernesto Hoost TWICE.

I give Zion the punchers chance...it also depends on the rules of course, in theory the bigger guy will simply grab the smaller one by the throat and finish him in 20 seconds, but this is forbidden by the rules.

Yep. Ernesto Hoost is one of the greatest kickboxers ever but Bob Sapp did give him some issues. Sapp had training of course but he was always a bit of a side show fighter.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
J___Av
Junior

Post#83 » by J___Av » Sun May 17, 2020 6:10 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:You can tell who only watches basketball and who expands their sports horizons in this thread alone. Having large muscles doesn't mean your brain isn't going to turn to mush when someone throws an accurate hammer first.

I don't think Conor is stupid enough to throw standing hammer fists
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,898

Post#84 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sun May 17, 2020 6:10 am

Optms wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
Optms wrote:I am utterly dumbfounded at how lopsided this is for in favor of McGreror. Do people not realize Zion is twice his size and literately a walking slab of muscle?

McGregor is a professional fighter.

We have no clue if Zion is skilled in fighting.

At some point sheer size, weight and strength renders skill obsolete though. I think Zion falls into that category. That's just too much weight and strength moving around.

Could be wrong but I don't see McGregor making it out alive. lol

That only applies if you have skills or have practiced/trained in some kind of martial arts. McGregor knows way too much about the human body. If he knows that Zion's main weakness is his knees, what's stopping him from striking it assuming Zion has no knowledge in fighting?

And it's not like McGregor is some soft, weak dude. This guy is strong enough to knock out Zion with a counter punch.

Catchall wrote:A guy Zion's size can simply pick up McGregor and throw him against the wall.

Ah yes because it's so easy to just simply pick someone up when that certain someone knows BJJ. I'd like you to see you try that on someone who's practiced BJJ for pretty much his whole life.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,815

Post#85 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun May 17, 2020 6:12 am

Zeitgeister wrote:
Buckets22 wrote:
RoundMoundOfRebound wrote:Larger vs smaller fighers..

Good video, but it's missing the other side.

In his early career Bob Sapp did some serious damage beating Ernesto Hoost TWICE.

I give Zion the punchers chance...it also depends on the rules of course, in theory the bigger guy will simply grab the smaller one by the throat and finish him in 20 seconds, but this is forbidden by the rules.

Yep. Ernesto Hoost is one of the greatest kickboxers ever but Bob Sapp did give him some issues. Sapp had training of course but he was always a bit of a side show fighter.

Bob Sapp actually took fights seriously back then though. Most of Bob Sapps losses came from him just showing up to automatically quit after his initial success in K1, he never wanted to be a fighter.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach

Post#86 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sun May 17, 2020 6:16 am

lakerz12 wrote:
GreenBloodedC wrote:We had a thread before similar to this. I think it was Pacquiao vs. Shaq (?) forgot the NBA player involved.

But these guys literally fight for a living. There's no chance an athlete not trained for MMA can beat these guys.

That's simply not true.

It may not happen a majority of the time, but an NBA athlete is certainly capable of throwing a punch or knee that knocks out a small fighter like McGregor.

They fight for a living but they are literally tiny and weak compared to an NBA player.

You don't think someone like Westbrook, Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, etc. Could hurt a 5'9" guy?

It only takes 1 punch.

Lol do you really think it'd be easy to land a punch against a professional fighter? Andre Drummond at his lowest point for FT% is far superior when it comes to the pct of landing a punch on a top-tier fighter :lol:
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,506

Post#87 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun May 17, 2020 6:16 am

J___Av wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:You can tell who only watches basketball and who expands their sports horizons in this thread alone. Having large muscles doesn't mean your brain isn't going to turn to mush when someone throws an accurate hammer first.

I don't Conor is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) enough to throw standing hammer fists

This is under the dumb **** scenario some are mentioning where Zion picks Conor up like a baby and tries to break his back like Bane did to Batman. :lol:
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,815

Post#88 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun May 17, 2020 6:19 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
J___Av wrote:

I don't Conor is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) enough to throw standing hammer fists

This is under the dumb **** scenario some are mentioning where Zion picks Conor up like a baby and tries to break his back like Bane did to Batman. :lol:

this imagery is hiliarious.
J___Av
Junior

Post#89 » by J___Av » Sun May 17, 2020 6:19 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
J___Av wrote:

And the counter to that would be hammer fists lol?
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach

Post#90 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sun May 17, 2020 6:21 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
J___Av wrote:

The fact that they think Zion will have it easy picking McGregor up is laughable itself.
GregOden
Starter
And1: 2,503

Post#91 » by GregOden » Sun May 17, 2020 6:31 am

thebigbird wrote:I think there's about a zero percent chance that McGregor wins a back alley fight with a pro athlete literally twice as heavy as him. They have weight classes in UFC for a reason.

It's not that hard for a pro fighter to beat a pro athlete who has no fighting skills. Georges St Pierre (190lbs) back in the day easily outwrestled a 300lb NHL goalie (Laraque), who was actually considered the best grappler in the NHL. He was literally rag-dolling him. Weight classes only matter when the contestants have some semblance of equal skills.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#92 » by Antinomy » Sun May 17, 2020 6:33 am

Catchall wrote:A guy Zion's size can simply pick up McGregor and throw him against the wall.

If Zion doesn’t get his arm broken before he gets there.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,190
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#93 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun May 17, 2020 6:36 am

thebigbird wrote:I think there's about a zero percent chance that McGregor wins a back alley fight with a pro athlete literally twice as heavy as him. They have weight classes in UFC for a reason.

Have you watched NBA players fight?? It’s hilarious, NBA players can’t even hit and hurt each other when they fight, and the other person has no idea how to fight either. Conor would win a fight with Zion by any method he chooses.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,132

Post#94 » by Duke4life831 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:39 am

Im curious for those who think Zion could just pick him up and slam him to win. When does he lose that advantage.

155lb champ: Khabib, walks around at 190 pounds (wrestler)
170lb champ: Usman, walks around at 190+ pounds (wrestler)
185lb champ: Israel, walks around at 200+ pounds (kick boxer)
205lb champ: Jon Jones, walks around at 230 pounds (overall fighter really)
HW champ: Stipe, fights anywhere from 230-240 pounds (boxer)

For reference, Conor was the 145 champ and the 155 champ. He has fought at 170 3 times (including his last fight a few months ago) and walks around 175-180 pounds. Just curious when the size advantage that Zion has goes away and when does he lose the ability to just manhandle a fighter.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,345

Post#95 » by lambchop » Sun May 17, 2020 6:59 am

Connor could cripple him within seconds.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Spice Melange
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,318

Post#96 » by Spice Melange » Sun May 17, 2020 7:06 am

One is trained to throw and avoid punches, kicks, and grapples, the other is learning how to walk/run again. One willingly manipulates his weight for fights and would probably be a lot heavier outside of professional fights, while the other has to really slim down. I dislike Conor, but he would wreck Zion in a fight.
1/26/20
Collymore
Starter
And1: 2,781

Post#97 » by Collymore » Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 am

This would end like Jacksons first fight in Bloodsport. BOOM, one shot and Conor is dead and buried.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,590

Post#98 » by draftnightsuit » Sun May 17, 2020 7:54 am

Zion would literally snap him like a twig
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,485

Post#99 » by brutalitops » Sun May 17, 2020 7:58 am

The guy who trains every day to hit people and is disiplined in the martial art designed to be effective against bigger opponents.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,263

Post#100 » by Lalouie » Sun May 17, 2020 8:00 am

always go with the guy who loves to fight

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts