Prelims (ESPN)
Trevin Giles vs. Antonio Arroyo
Alex Morono vs. Kalinn Williams
Lauren Murphy vs. Andrea Lee

Early Prelims (UFC Fight Pass / ESPN+)
Miles Johns vs. Mario Bautista
Journey Newson vs. Domingo Pilarte
Andre Ewell vs. Jonathan Martinez
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC 247 (2/8) - Jones vs Reyes 

Post#2 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:42 pm

What do you guys think of Reyes chances against Jones?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#3 » by Susan » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:01 pm

REDDzone wrote:What do you guys think of Reyes chances against Jones?

I mean, I've been on and on about Jones fighting stupid (striking with strikers) FOREVER now and he's not lost except for Matt Hammil's dominance.

Reyes has power, size, physicality and a seemingly good mental attitude to go up against Jones. Only DC and Gus 1 were actual fights for Jones and most recently Santos, everybody else was just trying to survive against the dude. His shine is slowly coming off.

Both dudes have the same type of meathead confidence. Would not be shocked if Reyes caught him and put him out.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#4 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:31 pm

I would have thought that Reyes would be a bigger threat to Jones than Santos going into that fight. Obviously Santos ended up with a crazy performance though and if Reyes can top that then he will win.

Jones obviously the favorite, and probably by a decent amount.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#5 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:41 pm

Jones should be an even bigger favourite if I’m being honest. Reyes has the power to make up for his flaws in striking, Weidman was able to get him in the clinch and against the fence pretty easily before getting caught, Jones is intent on getting a finish and he’s going to have his way with this guy.

Valentina and Katlyn is just totally unfair. Barring a freak injury, there is absolutely zero chance she beats Valentina.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thank you Clutch0z24
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,088

Post#6 » by High 5 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:52 pm

Jones is coming off of a loss (IMO) to a guy with one leg, so who knows what we're going to get from him these days.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#7 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:56 pm

High 5 wrote:Jones is coming off of a loss (IMO) to a guy with one leg, so who knows what we're going to get from him these days.

The only certainty is more picograms.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

UFC 247 (2/8) - Jones vs Reyes 

Post#8 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:25 pm

High 5 wrote:Jones is coming off of a loss (IMO) to a guy with one leg, so who knows what we're going to get from him these days.

I honestly thought he lost that fight too but re watching it made me realize that he didn’t tag Jones as much as I thought. Also find Santos to be a bigger wild card, he’s a balls to the wall kind of fighter, much easier to predict what you’re going to get with Reyes
Thank you Clutch0z24
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#9 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:42 pm

I honestly don't even know Reyes. He is an OK wrestler and moves really lightly on his feet with good, heavy counter punches? Counter punching and a southpaw...I feel like we might get another stinker from Jon, where he just coasts and is risk averse. It's one thing to fight inside with a dirty boxer (vs Glover), it's another to trade with a counterpuncher. Jon won't do that. But he'll be too proud to just shoot and take him down.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#10 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:47 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I honestly don't even know Reyes. He is an OK wrestler and moves really lightly on his feet with good, heavy counter punches? Counter punching and a southpaw...I feel like we might get another stinker from Jon, where he just coasts and is risk averse. It's one thing to fight inside with a dirty boxer (vs Glover), it's another to trade with a counterpuncher. Jon won't do that. But he'll be too proud to just shoot and take him down.

Yea, Reyes is kind of the generic wrestle boxer guy. That said, he's a good athlete with killer instincts, power, and he is a legitimate LHW as opposed to a blown up middleweight.

When Ariel asked Jon earlier this week what was still in store for him at 205, he named Corey Anderson, Johnny Walker, and "Middleweights are coming up to LHW all the time". :sleep2:
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,957

Post#11 » by Jasen777 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:46 pm

REDDzone wrote:"Middleweights are coming up to LHW all the time". :sleep2:

Jones has a very impressive list of defeated MWs.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#12 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:33 am

Lol. Just watched a Reyes KO highlight. This guy is not impressive at all. WTF? He moved real smooth and beautiful in that fade back against Weidman. But that's about the only really awseome moment in this highlight. He's not moving like DC or Gus in terms of fluidity, his punches are pushed, he doesn't move his head. He doesn't have Santos' explosiveness either.

Size, he has. And I sincerely think JJ was being significantly enhanced by PEDs through most his impressive wins. So there's a chance Reyes can take this. But I think he will get run through.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,298

Post#13 » by goodboy » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:23 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Lol. Just watched a Reyes KO highlight. This guy is not impressive at all. WTF? He moved real smooth and beautiful in that fade back against Weidman. But that's about the only really awseome moment in this highlight. He's not moving like DC or Gus in terms of fluidity, his punches are pushed, he doesn't move his head. He doesn't have Santos' explosiveness either.

Size, he has. And I sincerely think JJ was being significantly enhanced by PEDs through most his impressive wins. So there's a chance Reyes can take this. But I think he will get run through.

Lmao.

First take of MMA posts.
Bright
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#14 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:58 am

goodboy wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Lol. Just watched a Reyes KO highlight. This guy is not impressive at all. WTF? He moved real smooth and beautiful in that fade back against Weidman. But that's about the only really awseome moment in this highlight. He's not moving like DC or Gus in terms of fluidity, his punches are pushed, he doesn't move his head. He doesn't have Santos' explosiveness either.

Lmao.

First take of MMA posts.

I don't know what "first take" means (a show on ESPN?) but I'm pretty sure I just got pwned. I'll concede that fact and wish you a good day, sir.
Susan
RealGM

Post#15 » by Susan » Fri Feb 7, 2020 4:16 am

What did you think of the Rumble/Jones matchup?

Rumble had the size, power and explosiveness to dictate where the fight went but clearly lacked the fight IQ outside of that explosive KO victory path.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#16 » by REDDzone » Fri Feb 7, 2020 4:34 pm

Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Rumble is (literally) doing a sumo match coming up. lol. Kind of awesome.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#17 » by REDDzone » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:45 am

WTF is that on Jon's abdomen during weigh-ins? Staph infection? New injection site?
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Jasen777 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:22 am

REDDzone wrote:Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Rumble is (literally) doing a sumo match coming up. lol. Kind of awesome.

I've always wanted to see how NFL linemen would do in sumo.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Jasen777 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:36 am

REDDzone wrote:WTF is that on Jon's abdomen during weigh-ins? Staph infection? New injection site?

Pimple? Bug bite?
Susan
RealGM

Post#20 » by Susan » Sat Feb 8, 2020 9:19 pm

I'm 100% convinced this is the fight that Jones gets caught.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts