WWE SummerSlam Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: WWE SummerSlam Discussion 

Post#21 » by Spens1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:49 am

Stanford wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Vince honestly has no idea what makes a compelling modern face and clearly Pritchard doesn't either

You can be a compelling modern face for about 30 seconds and then you're no longer compelling. I'm not saying they know what they're doing, but it's pretty tough to portray a top good guy in 2020.
It is but it isn't impossible by any means, it's just that wwe is so set in their ways they seemingly are unable to make good babyfaces.

Sent from my CPH1877 using RealGM mobile app
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#22 » by iMoreland » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:06 am

They've done a great job with Drew as a face
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,953

Post#23 » by Dominator83 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:35 am

iMoreland wrote:They've done a great job with Drew as a face

He has nailed it. And it's hard to get over as a face these days
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#24 » by The_Brecht » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:22 am

Roman looks enormous.
Quarantine has been good to him, holy ****.

Didn't see it coming, tbf.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#25 » by improper » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Honestly, this is the perfect time for Vince to push Roman. No fans in attendance to crap all over him and they can just pipe in crowd noise and pretend he's the good guy.

That's basically what they've been doing for like seven years now, but with no crowd to turn on him this go around.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#26 » by LLJ » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:20 pm

LMFAO if Bray loses the title to Roman at Payback
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#27 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:47 pm

iMoreland wrote:Is this heel Roman?

I think it's going to be more of a bad-ass face Roman, which tbh, is fine too. Not sure why he wasn't or hasn't been booked like that from day one. But he did have quite a few heel tendencies last night. I'm honestly not sure who's the face or heel between Bray & Braun, but a babyface never uses a weapon, and Roman annihilated Braun with a chair. His **** talking of both of them too isn't what your typical, run of the mill WWE face says either.

I'm actually interested to see where they go from there. Having him as the leader of Retribution makes sense too, based on his attire and the symbolism of the name for Roman considering how he's been out of action since pre-WM.

Also, I was somewhat intrigued to see what they were doing with Alexa and Nikki in the Bray-Braun storyline and they weren't featured in the match at all. Like wtf was up with that? Alexa has a few interactions with Bray, gets thrown off the ring by Braun, and nothing happens, lol. The booking for these situations seems to be getting worse IMO.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#28 » by Scott Hall » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:31 am

Just got around to watching and the only thing that got spoiled for me was that Roman Reigns returned however
I thought he was champion because I saw a tweet of him holding the tittle....

First of all man oh man being in an arena, with good lighting, pyro and virtual fans really does wonders for
the product things really almost started to feel normal again so kudos.

Positives:

Really impressed with Dominik Mysterio great showing for his first ever match I'm sure Rey is extremely proud.
Some of the Lucha moves he pulled off and the offense he took from Rollins was very impressive. Also they're
really making him pay his dues doing the hardcore stuff right off the bat. I'm not sure if he'll ever have good
mic skills or a great look but in the early stages I could see him being like a TJP already. He definitely won't
be a 2nd generation bust like David Sammartino or David Flair.

Drew vs. Orton was my match of the night. Drew keeps on getting better and better and he stepped up to the
plate tonight and delivered. Not much else to say but great stuff.

Asuka vs. Sasha was good but I'm already getting sick of them and Bayley as I feel all 3 are getting over exposed
just like what they did with Charlotte. They really need to do a better job of focusing on the other members
of the division.

Negatives:

No Retribution how does the current biggest angle in the company not even make some kind of appearance? like WTF
classic Vince stupidity :banghead:

Why are guys like AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens not even wrestling on the 2nd biggest PPV of the year?

Also how the hell do you not have Alexa Bliss intervene in the Wyatt vs. Strowman story line when she's been so
prominent and was all over the video package?

Who else completely forgot about Otis until he showed up? damn did Vinnie Mac already sour on him that fast
after giving him MITB

Also WTF how the hell do you have a PPV in one week? how do you do a PPV build in one week?

And lastly I wonder what has changed with COVID-19 that Roman Reigns feels safe enough to return now then
from before?
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#29 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:57 pm

How about a Paycheck PPV-Thread?

Return to Pro Wrestling