WWE RAW Discussion IV

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Re: WWE RAW Discussion IV 

Post#61 » by gambitx777 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:51 am

My god JBL will be 6 feet in the grave and he could still probably drop a promo better than 95% of any one else

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#62 » by Scott Hall » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:54 pm

Just wanted to say that Kevin Patrick is the WORST wrestling announcer I've ever heard in any Wrestling Promotion
of 35 years of watching. He's so bad it's severely impacting my enjoyment of watching RAW to the point I don't even
want to watch.

One of the worst hires in company history.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#63 » by tugs » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:24 am

Nikki beating up everyone was great although I'm confused with the direction. Her wardrobe didn't give any indication of the new gimmick as well

And that's hella lot of Gargano segments
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#64 » by gambitx777 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:12 am

Scott Hall wrote:Just wanted to say that Kevin Patrick is the WORST wrestling announcer I've ever heard in any Wrestling Promotion
of 35 years of watching. He's so bad it's severely impacting my enjoyment of watching RAW to the point I don't even
want to watch.

He was tolerable as an interview guy. But man he just doesn't have the cadence for commentary. He sucks. When Pat comes back they need to put him on Mondays or put someone else in for Patrick

tugs
RealGM

Post#65 » by tugs » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:05 am

The dynamic between Dom and the rest of JD is just unique. How can 3 badass mfkers build a new guy and make him look legit through promos and actually believe what they're saying is a skill
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,049

Post#66 » by Dominator83 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:38 am

tugs wrote:The dynamic between Dom and the rest of JD is just unique. How can 3 badass mfkers build a new guy and make him look legit through promos and actually believe what they're saying is a skill

It's been an amazing dynamic. Both JD and Dominic were pretty meh by themselves. Together they've been over AF.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#67 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:32 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Just wanted to say that Kevin Patrick is the WORST wrestling announcer I've ever heard in any Wrestling Promotion
want to watch.

Adnan Virk was far worse, but yeah. He's not good either at play by play.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#68 » by gambitx777 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:20 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:
want to watch.

Is it the accent? I don't have an issue with barret but I think it's the cadence. It feels like he's bad theater acting but barret and Cole and Pat and Corey feel like they are on a pod cast just talking.

tugs
RealGM

Post#69 » by tugs » Wed Nov 2, 2022 2:17 am

Holyshiz now Sheamus vs Minoru Suzuki?!

Edit: Mfker it's a satire page
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#70 » by Scott Hall » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:54 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:
want to watch.

I would take Adnan Virk, Mike Adalme (sp?), Jimmy Smith, Tom Phillips etc all over Kevin Patrick the only one I think
that can give Kevin Patrick a run for his money for worst commentator of all time is Rob Bartlett.

gambitx777 wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:
want to watch.

Is it the accent? I don't have an issue with barret but I think it's the cadence. It feels like he's bad theater acting but barret and Cole and Pat and Corey feel like they are on a pod cast just talking.

When Barrett first started I thought he was ok to solid... since he's been called up I've found him to be pretty bland.
Doesn't really add to the product like a good announcer should but doesn't hurt it either he's just kind of there. As for
accents I've felt like there's been to many British/Irish/Scottish accents on WWE TV the last few years and it's something
they need to be conscious of. The thing is the UK and those countries are probably the most passionate Wrestling fans
in the world and they produce tons of wrestlers but historically they don't produce a lot of great talent I mean who's the
best to come out of there Bulldog, Regal, Sheamus, Drew and Becky??? WWE's bread and butter is still the North American
audience their main source of revenue is the American TV contracts and American Wrestling fans are probably the most
fickle of all the Wrestling countries so I would be careful making the company half British/Irish/Scottish as the accents
can be hard to understand and people might have a problem relating to their characters.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#71 » by iMoreland » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:01 am

Austin Theory unsuccessfully cashes in MITB on the US title. That is certainly a decision by Triple H.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,182

Post#72 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:12 am

iMoreland wrote:Austin Theory unsuccessfully cashes in MITB on the US title. That is certainly a decision by Triple H.

Its obvious who liked Theory. All momentum he had is gone now that Vince isn't there.

I didnt love Theory's ascension (build was too fast) but he is talented.
tugs
RealGM

Post#73 » by tugs » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:19 am

Damn a failed cash in for the US Title huh. Who will he be feuding now
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#74 » by Dominator83 » Wed Nov 9, 2022 1:45 am

What a brutal way to waste his push

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#75 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:12 am

Dominater wrote:What a brutal way to waste his push
I don't know why they didn't just burn it on a failed NXT cash on at that rate.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#76 » by iMoreland » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:42 pm

I don't think his push is over. They just didn't plan on making him world champion. Still think they're gonna do Cena/Theory soon, maybe at WrestleMania.

If they wanted to they can say it was an open challenge and give him MITB back. Or that MITB can't be cashed in for the US title. Either way he gets it back or they can do some type of match for the briefcase.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#77 » by Dominator83 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:02 am

iMoreland wrote:I don't think his push is over. They just didn't plan on making him world champion. Still think they're gonna do Cena/Theory soon, maybe at WrestleMania.

If they wanted to they can say it was an open challenge and give him MITB back. Or that MITB can't be cashed in for the US title. Either way he gets it back or they can do some type of match for the briefcase.

Him vs Cena is a money feud

tugs
RealGM

Post#78 » by tugs » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:20 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Dominater wrote:What a brutal way to waste his push
I don't know why they didn't just burn it on a failed NXT cash on at that rate.

Perfect sense and he wouldn't even look weak here against a very over Bron. But hey, main roster monster Bobby beat him to a pulp and a mega star Rollins pinned him on a failed cash in? Still very realistic to me and made sense
tugs
RealGM

Post#79 » by tugs » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:21 am

iMoreland wrote:I don't think his push is over. They just didn't plan on making him world champion. Still think they're gonna do Cena/Theory soon, maybe at WrestleMania.

Wouldn't mind giving him the briefcase back tbh. Or just maybe put him in a decent match like a triple threat with Bobby and Seth
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#80 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:05 am

I really like that they are giving theory a crisis. He really needs a change or maybe a few buddy's to run with.

Return to Pro Wrestling