Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 

Post#81 » by tugs » Thu Nov 7, 2019 2:39 am

Man, Impact has a referee that can do the 619 and 450 splash...

Wait, did I mention he doesn't have legs
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#82 » by Scott Hall » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:45 am

I think I need Shrooms or crack to watch this episode of Impact tonight
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,027

Post#83 » by Dominator83 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Scott Hall wrote:I think I need Shrooms or crack to watch this episode of Impact tonight

Watched last nights episode and thought it was fairly good. I'll take their wrestling over main roster WWE all day any day thats for sure. Now that its being broadcasted on AXS tuesday nights, its much more accessable to me
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#84 » by Spens1 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 am

tugs wrote:Man, Impact has a referee that can do the 619 and 450 splash...

Wait, did I mention he doesn't have legs

Zach Gowen?
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#85 » by tugs » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:27 am

No forgot his name. Zach has a leg. This guy doesn't have both
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#86 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 1:37 am

Its a shame that this doesn't get more discussion. I've been watching more regularly since they went to Axs channel, and i'll say that they've been better than both WWE and AEW IMO

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#87 » by Spens1 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 4:15 am

tugs wrote:No forgot his name. Zach has a leg. This guy doesn't have both

Did he appear at all out in the pre show battle royal?
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#88 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 pm

Just watched this week's episode of Impact. And WWE should take notes. THAT is how you build up and sell your matches as matches that actually matter. WWE builds their PPV matches as "just another match" and their go-home shows suck. THIS was how you do a go-home show before a PPV

LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#89 » by LLJ » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:07 pm

Welp. Looks like Impact still dealing with that ol' TNA curse with Tessa right now. Just when they almost get to the finish line of one of their biggest events in years...
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#90 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:30 am

LLJ wrote:Welp. Looks like Impact still dealing with that ol' TNA curse with Tessa right now. Just when they almost get to the finish line of one of their biggest events in years...

Didn't change the booking plans thankfully. The timing of this tells me they're a bunch of trolls too

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#91 » by Dominator83 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:03 am

Its a shame that this company gets no recognition around here. I think their shows are very good. This weeks main event of Elgin vs Trae was a 5 star match

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#92 » by WRau1 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:17 pm

Slammiversary should be interesting since Impact is teasing appearances by pretty much everyone the WWE let go recently.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#93 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:31 am

Dominater wrote:Its a shame that this company gets no recognition around here. I think their shows are very good. This weeks main event of Elgin vs Trae was a 5 star match

I watch Impact Wrestling every week but never talk about it because it seems nobody is interested and I'd be
talking to myself like Spens in the Japanese Wrestling thread. I also started watching Every RAW from 1993
starting with the first one because I never watched them back in the day and because they weren't shown live where
I live until 1996. I kind of want to talk about 1993 wrestling now and the Golden Era but most of the fans here seem
like newer or more recent fans or they just want to talk about current WWE and AEW. Also I noticed there are a few
posters who just like to share their 2 cents on things and are not interested in engaging with what other posters say.
Also there is a poster or 2 that doesn't even reply back to people who reply to their comments lol

WRau1 wrote:Slammiversary should be interesting since Impact is teasing appearances by pretty much everyone the WWE let go recently.

Would it be considered false advertising if most of them don't show up?
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#94 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 4:55 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Dominater wrote:Its a shame that this company gets no recognition around here. I think their shows are very good. This weeks main event of Elgin vs Trae was a 5 star match

I watch Impact Wrestling every week but never talk about it because it seems nobody is interested and I'd be
talking to myself like Spens in the Japanese Wrestling thread. I also started watching Every RAW from 1993
starting with the first one because I never watched them back in the day and because they weren't shown live where
I live until 1996. I kind of want to talk about 1993 wrestling now and the Golden Era but most of the fans here seem
like newer or more recent fans or they just want to talk about current WWE and AEW. Also I noticed there are a few
posters who just like to share their 2 cents on things and are not interested in engaging with what other posters say.
Also there is a poster or 2 that doesn't even reply back to people who reply to their comments lol

WRau1 wrote:Slammiversary should be interesting since Impact is teasing appearances by pretty much everyone the WWE let go recently.

Just to comment on some storyline stuff: I saw this Angle with Trae/Rascals coming from a mile away. When Trae had that brutal match and beat Elgin 2 weeks ago, he was being pushed in that match as a face. Of course last week they do the "someone jumped Trae in the back", looking like naturally his heel opponent and rival Ace Austin did it. I can guarantee that it will turn out his own guys did it out of jealousy.

And yea, I would say that would be false advertising. Especially if the guys they showed on the commercial don't show up.

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#95 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jun 9, 2020 12:18 am

Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

Just to comment on some storyline stuff: I saw this Angle with Trae/Rascals coming from a mile away. When Trae had that brutal match and beat Elgin 2 weeks ago, he was being pushed in that match as a face. Of course last week they do the "someone jumped Trae in the back", looking like naturally his heel opponent and rival Ace Austin did it. I can guarantee that it will turn out his own guys did it out of jealousy.

And yea, I would say that would be false advertising. Especially if the guys they showed on the commercial don't show up.

Speaking of Ace Austin I'm pretty high on his upside he's not my typical style of what I like in a wrestler but he's really
grown on me and it all has to do with character. I heard about that commercial and saw people talking about it on Twitter
but missed it when I was watching as I was distracted I need to look it up. What's your prediction on who's gonna show up?
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#96 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 10:48 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

Speaking of Ace Austin I'm pretty high on his upside he's not my typical style of what I like in a wrestler but he's really
grown on me and it all has to do with character. I heard about that commercial and saw people talking about it on Twitter
but missed it when I was watching as I was distracted I need to look it up. What's your prediction on who's gonna show up?

Well the guys on the commercial for sure. It had Gallows and anderson on there among a few others. I think an EC3 return should be obvious. He's an icon in TNA/impact

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#97 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jun 9, 2020 6:00 pm

Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Dominater wrote:Just to comment on some storyline stuff: I saw this Angle with Trae/Rascals coming from a mile away. When Trae had that brutal match and beat Elgin 2 weeks ago, he was being pushed in that match as a face. Of course last week they do the "someone jumped Trae in the back", looking like naturally his heel opponent and rival Ace Austin did it. I can guarantee that it will turn out his own guys did it out of jealousy.

Well the guys on the commercial for sure. It had Gallows and anderson on there among a few others. I think an EC3 return should be obvious. He's an icon in TNA/impact

I could also see Eric Young returning he's good friends with Scott D'Amore and TNA/Impact seems like the only
promotion where he could still get some TV time. I'd like to see the Good Brothers show up in AEW because of
how good their Tag-Team division is but Impact wouldn't be so bad.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#98 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#99 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Elgin is the big blow here. The other 2 are a dime a dozen

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#100 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:46 am

Funny how they keep pretending this whole "former champion returning" thing is supposed to be a surprise. We all know it's EC3.

Return to Pro Wrestling