WWE Day 1 Discussion 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Sat Jan 1, 2022 10:14 pm

Read on Twitter
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Re: WWE Day 1 Discussion 

Post#2 » by iMoreland » Sat Jan 1, 2022 11:50 pm

Roman Reigns tested positive for covid, Brock is added to the 4 way WWE title match. Holy s***.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,182

Post#3 » by heatwillbeback » Sat Jan 1, 2022 11:51 pm

Definitely disappointing as somebody looking forward to this PPV. Brock vs Reigns was marquee.

Hopefully this doesn’t spread throughout the roster.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,739

Post#4 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:16 am

Brock vs E vs Rollins vs KO vs BoB Lashley

I hope they give them over 30 minutes and plenty of big men slapping meat moments !

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by iMoreland » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:49 am

Brock is the goat
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#6 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:13 am

That was probably the best multi man match I’ve ever seen. Even though I disagree with the ending
Do it for Chuck
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#7 » by tugs » Sun Jan 2, 2022 8:26 am

MY GOODNESS THAT LESNAR - LASHLEY TEASE
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#8 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 10:19 am

tugs wrote:MY GOODNESS THAT LESNAR - LASHLEY TEASE
That was a wonderful me atch but letting them go 15 more minutes would have been great. So I think lashes is probably gonna win the rumble and beat Brock at WM! I wonder what the original plans were. I have no idea why they didn't do Nakamura and Sammi at day one.

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,182

Post#9 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Jan 2, 2022 5:19 pm

I don’t mind Lesnar winning yesterday, but I also feel Reigns and Lesnar match doesn’t need both belts. And having both belts in the match (if that’s the direction they go which looks likely) just means one less marquee match at Mania.

Hopefully they find a way to get the belt of Lesnar before Mania without him losing. Maybe Triple Threat with a Reigns interference to cost him the WWE title at Rumble.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#10 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:02 am

heatwillbeback wrote:I don’t mind Lesnar winning yesterday, but I also feel Reigns and Lesnar match doesn’t need both belts. And having both belts in the match (if that’s the direction they go which looks likely) just means one less marquee match at Mania.

Hopefully they find a way to get the belt of Lesnar before Mania without him losing. Maybe Triple Threat with a Reigns interference to cost him the WWE title at Rumble.
I wonder if this was the plan all along? Like to an beats Brock last night and then what he can't keep challenging reins. Bob Lashley wins the tittle and then leaner can win the rumble and go after Lashley . Brock on USA will pop ratings. It usually does these days. And leaner lashes will be a great match.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by iMoreland » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:15 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:I don’t mind Lesnar winning yesterday, but I also feel Reigns and Lesnar match doesn’t need both belts. And having both belts in the match (if that’s the direction they go which looks likely) just means one less marquee match at Mania.

Not necessarily. Brock or Roman can have two matches.

Royal Rumble winner faces Brock night 1, winner of that faces Roman on Night 2 for both titles.

Lashley wins the Rumble. They save the Brock/Lashley match for Mania night 1, Brock wins then Roman beats Brock on night 2.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,864

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jan 5, 2022 2:36 am

hated everything about putting Brock in the title match and then putting the strap on him. Big E welcome back to the mid card.

And it sucks that there is no up and comer to be the one to beat Roman. So Roman is going to just keep burying the entire roster making the issues worse that its a few guys in their 40's still dominating the main event scene.

And none of them can promo so its up to Heyman to build programs and MVP is still having to carry Lashley and ugh.

Just a terrible card, terrible matches. Nothing compelling going on anywhere. Every storyline is boring as hell right now.

Hope the Kevin Owens contract means he finally gets a push. Of course they've buried him so hard, not sure the fans would buy him as a top guy again. But at least he can talk and work.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,576

Post#13 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jan 5, 2022 8:59 am

New Day vs the Usos was another classic match by them, I'm guessing they got a little bit longer than they would have with Roman on the card.

The Miz Edge match was actually decent once it got going, they had good chemistry grappling. Considering the feud was working without her the only reason to make Maryse such a big part of the storyline was to end up a mixed tag match with Beth so it's not surprising she showed up. I think they're going for a storyline that the smarks girlfriend that watches DWTS and recognizes Miz would like.

RKBro vs Street Profits didn't really have a chance to live up to Usos match, but it was decent I guess. I really like heel Montez look. I hope they stick with the heel turn despite not attacking RKBro after the match.

I liked the Liv story but the match didn't really work for me. You can see all the pieces of how the wanted the story to go up from Liv coming out like a house on fire until the heartbreak Oblivion into the Manhandle but it's just little things that are the difference selling the start and ending and half of that is on Becky as well.

McIntyre vs Happy Folks is such a turd feud reminiscent of when Reigns spent like 6 months going through dudes like Elias, Rowan and Corbin dogfood story while they were waiting to make him win the title from Goldberg. With that said I don't think Madcap is a disaster and they did all right by him in this match. He can at least be kind of an Elias type stooge. They could also always turn his character face and give him good jokes one day if he actually has comic skills in real life.

The main event was the carnage match as advertised and short and sweet. Rollins and Owens worked great together and it set up Brock vs Lashley perfectly. I'd guess for original plan: Big E retains, Lashley and Brock are both in Rumble and Lashley wins in a way that sets them up some point, and then Big E loses to Lesnar as the solid main event of a February PPV like when The Fiend/Owens dropped to Goldberg. They can keep most of that if Lashley wins RR and Big E gets a rematch against Lesnar.

Return to Pro Wrestling