Who is your 2022 prospect who will be shockingly better than his draft stock?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,801

Re: Who is your 2022 prospect who will be shockingly better than his draft stock? 

Post#121 » by Upperclass » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:04 am

Beauchamp reminds me of Kuminga. Seems like an obvious top 10 pick in a redraft.

Mathurin has top 2 potential IMO. He looks like one of the best SG's in basketball very quickly

Blake Wesley - Plays with Westbrook-esque speed and energy.. Will be a Top 5 impact guy

Branham - Easy top 10 Pick in a redraft- seems like a Harrison Barnesesque solid wing

JD Davidson - May take awhile but he seems like he will be a really useful player for someone in a GP2 mold.. Energy guard that can come in and change the flow of a game

Koloko will be MUCH better than Mark Williams or Duren

Liddell Seems like he will be a really useful player if he lands on a good team. Will be able to hold up in the post and take Centers outside.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,772

Re: Who is your 2022 prospect who will be shockingly better than his draft stock? 

Post#122 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:05 pm

Upperclass wrote:Koloko will be MUCH better than Mark Williams or Duren

That is a hot take. Bravo for swinging for the fences.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#123 » by Catchall » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:29 pm

Still like Dalen Terry.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#124 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Jul 2, 2022 2:42 am

the leading scorer for the ignite g league team that they made switch to PG Jaden Hardy. at 37 he fell as much as I have ever seen any lottery pick fall. It is insane how a player rated to be #2 in the country can fall all the way to 37 but it must mean something since we got him. Oh and by the way our undrafted player that we singed a deal with after the draft by the name Marcus Bingham jr. OMG this guy reminds me of Kevin Garnett and we got him undrafted and he hit 41.5% oh is 3's last season and blocked 2,2 shots per game with only 18.7 minutes per game in which he scored 9.3 PPG and grabbed 6.3 rpg. watch some videos of this guy if you want to know how bad ass he is,
bucknut
Junior
And1: 121

Post#125 » by bucknut » Sat Jul 2, 2022 7:23 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:the leading scorer for the ignite g league team that they made switch to PG Jaden Hardy. at 37 he fell as much as I have ever seen any lottery pick fall. It is insane how a player rated to be #2 in the country can fall all the way to 37 but it must mean something since we got him. Oh and by the way our undrafted player that we singed a deal with after the draft by the name Marcus Bingham jr. OMG this guy reminds me of Kevin Garnett and we got him undrafted and he hit 41.5% oh is 3's last season and blocked 2,2 shots per game with only 18.7 minutes per game in which he scored 9.3 PPG and grabbed 6.3 rpg. watch some videos of this guy if you want to know how bad ass he is,

Bingham has an interesting look too him athletically, length wise, and skill wise......how is he different than jaren jackson jr ? i don't think that guy could get on the court in crunch time or full minutes at msu either

My shockingly better
Malaki Branham
Beauchamp
Jovic
Apz
Head Coach
And1: 2,064

Post#126 » by Apz » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:43 pm

Jovic and Hardy
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#127 » by Wizop » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:48 pm

Upperclass wrote:Mathurin has top 2 potential IMO. He looks like one of the best SG's in basketball very quickly

so far while I like the Pacers taking Mathurin at 6, what I've seen from the 5 who went before him doesn't leave me thinking he belonged higher. now Nembhard at 31 does look like a Pacer steal.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,309

Post#128 » by Colbinii » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:21 pm

jimtxsanders wrote:JOHN BUTLER - FSU
He's a young 7'1", can shoot and handle the rock, plus good defensive instincts. I feel like there just aren't that many guys that fit that mold. I don't understand why he's not a late first rounder.
Yes I know he looks like slender man, but he's going in the late 2nd round.
I predict he's drafted at least 20 picks higher than most mocks.

Undrafted!
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,414

Post#129 » by Blazinaway » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:24 pm

Jabari Walker
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,906

Post#130 » by gswhoops » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:07 pm

Gui Santos looks like he might be a legit NBA player, which IMO would be shockingly better than the #55 overall pick
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,758

Post#131 » by toooskies » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:53 pm

gswhoops wrote:Gui Santos looks like he might be a legit NBA player, which IMO would be shockingly better than the #55 overall pick

Disappointed that the Cavs decided to take Mobley #48 and passed on this Gui when they easily could've still taken Mobley at #58.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,240

Post#132 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:15 pm

Both fun and depressing to read through threads like this as I see the shocking news that John Butler Jr. was waived by the worst team in the NBA lol. I guess he was not shockingly better than his draft stock (went undrafted).
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,240

Post#133 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:18 pm

EvanZ wrote:My bets are Michael Foster or Alondes Williams

Including myself, just got it wrong. So many bad takes. It's a crapshoot most of the time. We all have our guys and someone is going to be right about someone. But most of us are going to be wrong about everyone else lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,131

Post#134 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:29 pm

Dont think I posted in here, but if I wouldve I wouldve been very wrong. I was very very high on EJ Liddell. He was the answer I was giving to questions like this throughout that year. I know he got hurt in SL and missed his first year. But dude isnt even active for the Pels for the past month.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,434

Post#135 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:54 pm

radtech wrote:Marcus Sasser, G, Houston

Projected to be a second round pick or free agent.

this was a sneaky impressive pick of a player who didn't ultimately choose to enter that draft class.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,309

Post#136 » by Colbinii » Fri Dec 8, 2023 9:15 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
Upperclass wrote:Koloko will be MUCH better than Mark Williams or Duren

That is a hot take. Bravo for swinging for the fences.

Swing, and a miss
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,460

Post#137 » by babyjax13 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 9:19 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
tidho wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Now that he is declared, 100% it is Peyton Watson. He's raw, he will take some time to develop...but he has every physical tool you could want, he works hard on the court, and he's a good defender. Admittedly, it could work out like Coboclo, but if you asked me what player taken after 20 could explode into an all-star caliber player, he's probably #1 on my list.

Seems a lot like this year's BJ Boston. Great HS class ranking and lottery projected at one point, just didn't pan out in their freshman year. Still could hit when they mature though.

It is a pattern in the last few drafts that a highly regarded big wing who was either raw or injured (or both) drops and then performs pretty well. I think that Watson fits the pattern, and if he even turns into a Nassir Little level player that means you just drafted a big wing who can defend up and down positions at the end of the first round or early in the second...and that's a pretty big deal.

2018: Michael Porter Jr.
2019: Nassir Little
2020: Jaden McDaniels
2021: BJ Boston

Could have been worse, could have been better (and still time). But I also really liked Johnny Davis, so ... :lol:

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
crows2
Senior
And1: 567

Post#138 » by crows2 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:50 am

elias808 wrote:Jalen Williams from Santa Clara

Winner of the thread.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,112

Post#139 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:57 am

I know it's convenient that I can't be judged since I'm new to the game but this thread is a great example of how bad most everyone, especially the most prolific posters, are at evaluating prospects. Go read through this whole thread. It's a gold mine of bad takes. Maybe I too will look this foolish after responding to threads like this going forward. But for now, my hands are clean!!! In defense of many of these, it sometimes takes several years for guys to mature and develop and carve out roles so we should be a little lenient. Let's revisit in a couple of years.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,529

Post#140 » by azcatz11 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:14 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:I know it's convenient that I can't be judged since I'm new to the game but this thread is a great example of how bad most everyone, especially the most prolific posters, are at evaluating prospects. Go read through this whole thread. It's a gold mine of bad takes. Maybe I too will look this foolish after responding to threads like this going forward. But for now, my hands are clean!!! In defense of many of these, it sometimes takes several years for guys to mature and develop and carve out roles so we should be a little lenient. Let's revisit in a couple of years.

I’ve noticed your posts around here. Honestly, I appreciate your bravado and reading your opinions.

Very refreshing

Return to NBA Draft