Senior
And1: 567

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#42 » by crows2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:43 am

CP War Hawks wrote:
JamesConway wrote:
Fischella wrote:high floor, meh ceiling

I think he will be solid, don't see the upside really

Who do you like around #20 for the Mavs?

I'd go with Bey for the Mavs. Matrix lite type of player would be dynamite with Doncic.

Tyler or Saddiq?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#43 » by No-Man » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:19 am

Saddiq is better than Tyler
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,247

Post#44 » by cedric76 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:41 am

I like Devin Vassell for the Magic
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#45 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:31 pm

In regards to highlight scouting big euros that don't get much burn against quality competition, can someone explain to me why Dragan was talked up as a top-5 guy for years but Pokusevski doesn't get nearly the hype? This kids highlights blow Bender's out of the water. I have to assume it was just GM's trying to copycat the Zinger pick (Like Tskitsvili after Dirk) and now the pendulum for raw skinny tall euros has swung too far the other way and Pokusevski isn't getting enough chatter. He has a long ways to go physically, but his handle and passing are really impressive, and despite being what one would consider a bit of a stretch big / point big he still manages good rebounding and block numbers.

His FG% is gross, but I would love to see the splits on that. Half his shots already come from 3 where he is still developing (32% isn't bad, and the way he squares up on those shots is nuts for a guy his size). But do the other half come as jumpers (More forgivable as he clearly is developing his J) or does he have horrible touch in the post (More ominous IMO).

Regardless, this kid looks like a late lotto talent to a team willing for a gamble. NO has so many picks using this yeas on a gamble that has the potential to pay off as an absolutely ideal C compliment to Zion would be a nice high reward move IMO.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,086

Post#46 » by Chi town » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:05 pm

I like Nesmith from Vandy a lot. Reminds me of Buddy Hield. He’s out for the year w a foot injury. Think he will climb in workout and be picked in the teens.

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#47 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:39 pm

I think X Tillman is a top 40 player for sure (Maybe higher when I actually do my board )

Just don’t see how he’s not a rotation big at the very least

Maybe worth drafting at the end of the first
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,041

Post#48 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:38 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:I think X Tillman is a top 40 player for sure (Maybe higher when I actually do my board )

I wonder if he'll be a turnover machine at the next level.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#49 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:54 am

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:I think X Tillman is a top 40 player for sure (Maybe higher when I actually do my board )

I wonder if he'll be a turnover machine at the next level.

He’s a good passer I think it’ll go down when he’s a role player again

MSU is getting all their offense from him and Winston lately

Not really gonna be his role at the next level to create
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,311

Post#50 » by getrichordie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:49 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:In regards to highlight scouting big euros that don't get much burn against quality competition, can someone explain to me why Dragan was talked up as a top-5 guy for years but Pokusevski doesn't get nearly the hype? This kids highlights blow Bender's out of the water. I have to assume it was just GM's trying to copycat the Zinger pick (Like Tskitsvili after Dirk) and now the pendulum for raw skinny tall euros has swung too far the other way and Pokusevski isn't getting enough chatter. He has a long ways to go physically, but his handle and passing are really impressive, and despite being what one would consider a bit of a stretch big / point big he still manages good rebounding and block numbers.

His FG% is gross, but I would love to see the splits on that. Half his shots already come from 3 where he is still developing (32% isn't bad, and the way he squares up on those shots is nuts for a guy his size). But do the other half come as jumpers (More forgivable as he clearly is developing his J) or does he have horrible touch in the post (More ominous IMO).

Regardless, this kid looks like a late lotto talent to a team willing for a gamble. NO has so many picks using this yeas on a gamble that has the potential to pay off as an absolutely ideal C compliment to Zion would be a nice high reward move IMO.

Wasn’t Bender drafted before Porzingis?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#51 » by Marcus » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm

getrichordie wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:In regards to highlight scouting big euros that don't get much burn against quality competition, can someone explain to me why Dragan was talked up as a top-5 guy for years but Pokusevski doesn't get nearly the hype? This kids highlights blow Bender's out of the water. I have to assume it was just GM's trying to copycat the Zinger pick (Like Tskitsvili after Dirk) and now the pendulum for raw skinny tall euros has swung too far the other way and Pokusevski isn't getting enough chatter. He has a long ways to go physically, but his handle and passing are really impressive, and despite being what one would consider a bit of a stretch big / point big he still manages good rebounding and block numbers.

Wasn’t Bender drafted before Porzingis?

Bender was drafted because of Zingis the following year
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#52 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Speaking of Bender, he's a UFA now that Milwaukee dumped him in favor of Marvin Williams. I was never a big fan of his, but I think he can still be a decent NBA player - if given another chance.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#53 » by camillepd » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:26 am

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,529

Post#54 » by azcatz11 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:21 am

I would draft Zeke Nnaji at the end of the first round. I may be biased but his rebounding and motor can't be taught. He has unreal instincts in that respect. I really think he can be a good starter for the right team
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#55 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:25 am

camillepd wrote:Latest ESPN Mock:

https://m.imgur.com/a/VOfk7pm

I really don’t agree with a lot here but I guess this far out it doesn’t matter
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#56 » by nolang1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:17 am

Yeah he should be getting looked at in the lottery, especially as the NBA is almost certainly not done downsizing. Plus college basketball is so weak this year that any draft sleeper would almost have to come from overseas. As far as the difference in early hype, Bender's U18 Euros as a 16-year-old was a better age group tournament than any Pokusevski's had. Even if he's 'just' a Bender type of prospect, Bender himself is still younger than some players who will be drafted this year and looked overqualified for the G league when he was asked to play there; hard to blame him too much for not getting PT on a team that's on pace for 70 wins and has the back-to-back MVP at his position.
BongBoyKlay
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#57 » by BongBoyKlay » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:18 am

Makur Maker was just declared eligible for the 2020 draft. He hasn't entered yet, but the belief amongst many people is that he intends to enter the draft. Don't know much about him, and the only guy that he can really be compared to is Thon due to their relationship and similar body.

Makur is already stronger than Thon and is listed at about 20 pounds heavier than Thon was going into the draft.

What do you guys think his impact on this draft will be if he decides to enter? He is currently the number 12 prospect in the class of 2020 and has a very intriguing skillset. Can he sneak into the top 10 due to the weakness of this draft?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#58 » by GimmeDat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:06 am

BongBoyKlay wrote:Makur Maker was just declared eligible for the 2020 draft. He hasn't entered yet, but the belief amongst many people is that he intends to enter the draft. Don't know much about him, and the only guy that he can really be compared to is Thon due to their relationship and similar body.

Makur is already stronger than Thon and is listed at about 20 pounds heavier than Thon was going into the draft.

What do you guys think his impact on this draft will be if he decides to enter? He is currently the number 12 prospect in the class of 2020 and has a very intriguing skillset. Can he sneak into the top 10 due to the weakness of this draft?

A lot of draft twitter that have seen him have been low because he's a 'big man flashes' type with supposedly weak big man skills.

I've only seen highlights. That may well be the case. But from what I can tell, even if you were to crudely compare him to Thon, who suffered the same fate, I feel like he could potentially be a similar player but with better hands and coordination, a bigger, stronger frame, a more fluid release and some realistic OTD shooting flashes, and if Thon had those things he'd be a pretty strong player, imo.

Thon struggles, imo, because his frame and strength cannot handle 5's, but he lacks the sort of face-up game/fluidity to be a big time player on the perimeter, and he doesn't have the hands to really maximize his physical profile on the offensive end. He does play really hard, can hit a spot up 3, does do some stuff inside on offense as a roll man and hustling and he runs the floor hard. I wonder if Makur does the same. Thon's actually been pretty decent post Drummond trade (I stress decent).

Dunno what to make of Makur, and it sounds like we won't have much to assess him on. I just need for him to have a serviceable baseline of big man skills, then I think he could be a good NBA player.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,393

Post#59 » by King Ken » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:17 pm

My biggest issue with Thon was feel for the game, BBIQ, and awareness. Skills wasn't much of an issue.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#60 » by Marcus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:20 pm

Just caught on to AP over the weekend. I like the potential there, think with the right fit he could be above quality in the league. Good shooting form, runs the floor well, has rim protection potential, solid handle in the open floor. Obviously needs to add size but a really quality stretch five could be had here if utilized correctly. think he'd be worth a look for sure for a team with extra picks.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to NBA Draft