60 International Prospect Big Board Heading into 2024

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JazzP
Freshman
And1: 66

60 International Prospect Big Board Heading into 2024 

Post#1 » by JazzP » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:11 pm

I made a big board of international prospects that are eligible for the upcoming NBA draft-- I think it's rather loose right now, I included some players that haven't really had any international careers yet outside of some FIBA tournaments and occasionally some Adidas Next Generation performances too, so it probably isn't a de facto top 60. I also am not including international-born players that will be playing for G League Ignite, OTE, or NCAA this coming season.

Plenty of personal opinion in the rankings and they're a bit influenced by the perceived opportunity I think some of these guys will (or won't) get to showcase their abilities and development, but that's what makes these kinds of things fun!

1. Zaccharie Risacher, France (2005)-
His recent FIBA U19 world tournament performance was not spectacular, and perhaps his initial projections were a bit lofty, but he has a great situation as a central piece on a Betclic Elite team in the season ahead. I think he is still very much a work in progress and he is more of a complementary player so having a team built around him might not be the huge red carpet to stardom that it was for Wembanyama, but I think he's still going to demonstrate his case as a lottery prospect.

2. Aday Mara, Spain (2005)-
It doesn't seem like his team is going to let him come play in the NCAA this season, and I wonder if he will have a regular rotation role in the ACB instead. He will at least have some opportunity to play against other top international prospects his age at the FIBA U18 Euro tournament. I think his soft touch could make him a mid first round prospect and potential lottery pick.

3. Alexandros Samodurov, Greece (2005)-
I'm probably a bit high on Samodurov's ceiling as a rangy PF, and he's still got a lot to prove at any established level. But he had a cup of coffee in the Euroleague last year as a 17 year old and a bit of run in the HEBA A1 league also, and he didn't look out of place. I hope he attends the FIBA U18 Euros; I could see him going virtually anywhere in next season's draft, or in a future one.

4. Tidjane Salaun, France (2005)-
Salaun is a smooth-shooting forward who seems likely to have an opportunity in Betclic Elite next year. He was not on France's FIBA U19 World or U20 Euro teams, but perhaps he will play at the U18 Euros. I think his game is advanced for his age, he might be able to handle the jump from youth league to pros without too much difficulty. He is rather commonly projected as a mid to late-first round pick, and I think that sounds reasonable.

5. Mohammad Amini, Iran (2005)-
I do not see Amini's name mentioned much on prospect lists, and I sorely think that is an oversight. I don't know how likely it is he sees enough opportunity to declare in 2024's NBA draft, but I feel fairly confidently that Amini will be a first round pick in whatever draft he's in. He participated for Iran in both the FIBA U16 and U18 Asia tournaments last summer and was positively dominant (though a bit inefficient) in both. He later played in a ANGT showcase and also stood out- enough to be signed by France's AS Monaco youth team.
He was then one of the best players in the French youth league, notable for a 17 year old. He even got an opportunity to play 37 minutes in a game for the eventual champions AS Monaco in Betclic, though it was in a throwaway game. He held his own, but the team did not.
Amini's 3 is usable but unreliable and not good enough for a NBA wing prospect. But his driving ability and intuition, his floater, and his defense are noteworthy at any level. I choose to consider Amini as a comparatively lower floor but higher ceiling prospect who is in a surprisingly similar situation to Tidjane Salaun mentioned above-- except with no confirmed spot on a Betclic team next season (yet?)

6. Nikola Djurisic, Serbia (2004)-
Djurisic saw his prospect hype rise and fall drastically over the course of last season. He struggled with efficiency, but he still did show flashes of a positively dynamic skillset. I think he probably needs to take noticeable steps forward in development to gain traction but figuring out little nuances would probably go a long way in applying his talents to his overall game.

7. Hansen Yang, China (2005)-
Yang still has a lot to learn and refine, especially offensively. I do not know if he will have enough experience to leverage for viability as a prospect for the 2024 draft. However, the passing and shotblocking ability that he is honing is tantalizing and if he improves his shooting, he poses the potential to be branded as a true "unicorn" prospect in every way. He was a key player for China at FIBA U19 Worlds and he was one of the youngest players at the tournament.

8. Michael Caicedo, Spain (2003)-
Finally in a position to get minutes in the ACB, Caicedo should cement his status as a draft prospect. He isn't a very high usage player, but he does seem like an efficient shooter and solid perimeter defender with the speed to keep up with NBA guards.

9. Ruben Prey, Portugal (2005)-
Prey has yet to establish himself much on a professional level, though it seems that he does have an affiliation with Spanish organization CB Prat. However, what he has shown in youth tournaments has been remarkable and caught the eye of quite a few NBA prospects, his name has cachet. He is a strong shooter for a big and is able to make a huge defensive impact against others his age. He will likely be one of the highlighted players of the FIBA U18B Euros.

10. Zacharie Perrin, France (2004)-
I wanted to see what Perrin would do in NCAA with Illinois last season, but it wasn't in the cards. He had impressed at the FIBA U18 Euro tournament last year and followed it up with an even more impressive run at the U19 Worlds this year. His skillset seems limited to that of the old-school big that is going out of style, but his game is polished and he has the size for it. I don't know what opportunities he will find and he probably won't be much of a 2024 target if he doesn't play in Betclic, but it is growing harder to deny his impact.

11. Bobi Klintman, Sweden (2003)
12. Eli John N'Diaye, Senegal (2004)
13. Evangelos Zougris, Greece (2004)
14. Alexandre Sarr, France (2005)
15. Berke Buyuktuncel, Turkey (2004)
16. Juan Nunez, Spain (2004)
17. Pacome Dadiet, France (2005)
18. Zvonimir Ivisic, Croatia (2003)
19. Noam Yaacov, Israel (2004)
20. Jaka Klobucar, Slovenia (2003)
21. Melvin Ajinca, France (2004)
22. Thijs de Ridder, Belgium (2003)
23. Lee Aaliya, Argentina (2004)
24. Mohamed Diawara, France (2005)
25. AJ Johnson, USA (2004)
26. Ariel Hukporti, Germany (2002 Auto-Eligible)
27. Andrija Jelavic, Croatia (2004)
28. Tobias Jensen, Denmark (2004)
29. Amadou Doumbia, Mali (2005)
30. Akira Jacobs, Japan (2004)
31. Mantas Rubstavicius, Lithuania (2002 Auto-Eligible)
32. Reynan dos Santos, Brazil (2004)
33. Liutauras Lelevicius, Lithuania (2003)
34. Armel Traore, France (2003)
35. Ilias Kamardine, France (2003)
36. Leonardo Okeke, Italy (2003)
37. Lefteris Mantzoukas, Greece (2003)
38. Mihailo Petrovic, Serbia (2003)
39. Lazar Djokovic, Serbia (2004)
40. Mouhamed Faye, Senegal (2005)
41. Samis Calderon, Brazil (2004)
42. Lucas Langarita, Spain (2005)
43. Urban Klavzar, Slovenia (2004)
44. Johann Gruenloh, Germany (2005)
45. Ousmane N'Diaye, Senegal (2004)
46. Ilija Milijasevic, Serbia (2004)
47. Roko Prkacin, Croatia (2002 Auto-Eligible)
48. Isaac Nogues, Spain (2004)
49. Nino Vrencken, Netherlands (2003)
50. Teodor Simikj, North Macedonia (2004)
51. Miguel Allen, Spain (2003)
52. Matthew Strazel, France (2002 Auto-Eligible)
53. Ege Demir, Nigeria (2004)
54. Oleksandr Kobzystyi, Ukraine (2003)
55. Vojin Medarevic, Serbia (2002 Auto-Eligible)
56. Etienne Aspevik, Norway (2005)
57. Mason Francis Amos, Philippines (2004)
58. Gregor Kuuba, Estonia (2003)
59. Orri Gunnarsson, Iceland (2003)
60. Chae Hyung Lee, South Korea (2004)-
Lee's only body of work as a basketball player is the FIBA U18 Asia tournament in 2022, in which he was a huge reason South Korea won gold. He did not participate in the U19 World tournament this year for them (which did give Yuhyeon Moon a chance to shine). I have no idea if he intends to pursue a pro basketball career, at all.
He seems like a decent enough passer and shooter, but he is not necessarily an offensive standout. He has the size for an NBA guard, but he doesn't have an outstanding physical profile, as one of the more unassuming players on the Korean national team. But his defensive capability seems almost supernatural. Even in a tournament with plenty of players who are not future basketball professionals, nobody else was even close to Lee in finding opportunities to punish mistakes. in 5 games, Chae Hyung Lee had 10 steals twice (he achieved a points/assists/steals triple double in his debut game). He AVERAGED 6.6 steals per game, and after "only" getting 2 steals in the Finale (in every other game he had at least 5).

I remember there was/is a basketball simulation program to try to draft individual seasons from NBA players to craft the best team statistically that adheres to a salary cap and some sort of minutes restrictions the game designed-- (I think it was WhatIfSports SimLeague? I was looking into this probably about 8 years ago now)
While the best teams were generally lined with various Michael Jordan seasons or Kevin Durant's peak, etc...
What surprised me was that the most consistent player signed on successful teams was, if I recall correctly, 1976-77 *Don Buse*, at least relative to the salaries the game prescribed to each of the various seasons throughout history.

It was only 5 games at a youth league tournament but Chae Hyung Lee strikes me as the modern reincarnation of Don Buse's game. Even if it is a niche talent, it's probably a valuable one. I hope he does stick around as a prospect- if he's finishing school, or doing his military service first, or whatever. He's almost certainly not on the 2024 radar but he is technically eligible and I happen to think there is a very real chance he is legitimately skilled enough to pursue the NBA.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,308

Re: 60 International Prospect Big Board Heading into 2024 

Post#2 » by Hal14 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Wow, very comprehensive list. Thanks!

Check out Ulrich Chomche. Think he could rank pretty high on there. Probably the youngest player in this draft class..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,276

Post#3 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:57 pm

Feels like Hukporti and Prkacin have been prospects for half a decade
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,595

Post#4 » by MemphisX » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:32 am

Prkacin missed his window.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
JazzP
Freshman

Post#5 » by JazzP » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:01 pm

Hal14 wrote:Wow, very comprehensive list. Thanks!

Check out Ulrich Chomche. Think he could rank pretty high on there. Probably the youngest player in this draft class..

Thank you!!

And OH thanks for the tip about Chomche. Definitely a name that belongs here.
JazzP
Freshman

Post#6 » by JazzP » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Ah, I left Fedor Zugic off when I was first making the list and forgot that he probably warrants being included.
I don't think I'd have him very high-- the narrative that his scoring skillset is advanced *for his age* just doesn't ring as loudly to me after 2 years of eligibility as a prospect. I think he hasn't shown a lot of development and others have largely caught up.
But that being said, I don't think it was ever unwarranted commentary, there is still potential for a potent high volume scorer there if he figures out the minutiae.
And he will likely have an opportunity in a premier league, having played in Germany's BBL last season. By comparison, Tobias Jensen (who I have ranked 28th at the moment) struggled in a German league 2 tiers down from the BBL, and he really isn't all that much younger than Zugic-- though I do personally think Jensen has a higher ceiling.

I think Zugic would probably fall somewhere around the Ousmane N'Diaye, Ilija Milijasevic, and Roko Prkacin tiers of my rankings, but he probably should've been on there/will be going forward.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,308

Post#7 » by Hal14 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:35 pm

JazzP wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Wow, very comprehensive list. Thanks!

Thank you!!

And OH thanks for the tip about Chomche. Definitely a name that belongs here.

No problem. Like i said, will probably be the youngest player in the class. I could see him going lottery..

Read on Twitter
?s=20
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#8 » by sisibilio » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:07 pm

Speaking of spaniards i think Nogues has zero chances of getting drafted, Allen is a pretty long shot also, specially coming off his knee injury. Jordi Rodriguez would be a better bet IMO.
Also i'm pretty high on Sergio de Larrea, higher than any other guard in the 04/05 generations probably, but he has to mature physically still.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#9 » by sisibilio » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:12 pm

BTW i'd add Avdalas the list.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#10 » by DrCoach » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:14 am

Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Post#11 » by Pokuokic » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:20 pm

Lazar Djokovic going to Xaiver for the upcoming year he's got great tools for a role player at any level.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,434

Post#12 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:24 pm

Pokuokic wrote:Lazar Djokovic going to Xaiver for the upcoming year he's got great tools for a role player at any level.

i just hope some of those tennis genes he got from his dad transfer over to basketball.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,002

Post#13 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:02 pm

Ivisic is way too low. But great work, dont want to take away from the effort put into this.
JazzP
Freshman

Post#14 » by JazzP » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:42 pm

I made a full 2024 Big Board thread, I just recently updated my lists of prospects (NCAA and International both) over there!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2311875
JazzP
Freshman

Post#15 » by JazzP » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:46 pm

sisibilio wrote:BTW i'd add Avdalas the list.

I believe that because Avdalas was born in 2006 he won't be eligible for the draft until 2025? I could be mistaken though
JazzP
Freshman

Post#16 » by JazzP » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:52 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Ivisic is way too low. But great work, dont want to take away from the effort put into this.

Awww man, I have him even lower now, I think just sub-100 on the NCAA list I made.
I don't think he's a sure thing myself, but I do think he's someone who would be more likely than not to be drafted in a vacuum. Most of what I'm basing his sleight on is opportunity (and a lack of it)- he wasn't in a super high-profile league prior, and upon joining Kentucky he's kinda sandwiched for PT between Bradshaw, Mitchell, and Onyenso.

I am no pro scout and I don't really pretend to be. I do follow statistics pretty relentlessly and I factor in my own impressions of a player's skill and potential, but I'm mostly just trying to assess the stock that a player will have come next July.
And by all means, I'm very down to be wrong.
JazzP
Freshman

Post#17 » by JazzP » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:53 pm

Ok!!
French Betclic Elite and Lithuanian LKL start this Saturday, as well as the Australian NBL Blitz and Spanish ACB Supercup season kickoff tournaments.
I know rosters still are not finalized, and active rotations are still very much up in the air too- But with MOST players signed in most premier leagues, I think It's worth one final preseason update to my list.

1. Ruben Prey, 2005, Joventut Baladona (Spanish ACB)
I think I'm a bit higher on Prey's stock than most. I do not think he will start for Joventut but I think he will prove versatile enough to earn minutes as both a PF and a C for Joventut and I think he can find a regular rotation role for about 19 minutes per game. I think his ability as a two way player can deliver on the intrigue around him as a prospect, I wouldn't be surprised if he has similar statistical profile to how Bassala Bagayoko played before his injury last year, but with a bit higher of a usage rate.

2. Zaccharie Risacher, 2005, JL-Bourg-en-Bresse (French Betclic Elite)
I might have been a bit optimistic in assuming that Bourg-en-Bresse would be building a team *around Risacher* to begin with. I think it remains entirely possible that he is starter for this team, but I could see him being a far more ancillary member of the team, too. Nonetheless, I think it is harder to lose status as a top prospect than it is to gain it, and I think unless his season is a disaster, there's plenty of reason to be high on his potential, even if he's a bit further away than I think many give him credit for. He might not remain a lottery prospect throughout the course of the season, but I don't think there's any reason to drop him too far preemptively.

3. Hansen Yang, 2005, Qingdao (Chinese CBA)
I am excited to see that Yang will have immediate opportunity to play in a professional season this year. The Chinese CBA does not start until a bit later (it started in October last year and I do not see a schedule for 23-24 yet), and many teams still have not published a roster, but Qingdao made sure to sign Hansen Yang quickly, as he is currently the only listed player on their 23-24 roster according to AsiaBasket. I think, as a common refrain, Yang is fairly easily the most raw prospect on this entire list, so it's particularly hard to guess his NBA prospect value. But he is unique, he offers legitimate unicorn potential in a way that I think is as of yet unseen in the NBA, and the only proper skillset comparison I can think of is 2025 top prospect Cooper Flagg (even if Flagg certainly compares favorably). A realized Hansen Yang would be... Jaren Jackson who can pass? Al Horford with more blocks? A full pro season might poke holes in the dream, but it's nice that scouts and GMs should have plenty of tape to reference.

4. Trentyn Flowers, 2005, Adelaide (Australian NBL)
I don't think anyone is going to call Flowers a "generational prospect" or anything, but I think he will have a strong case to be a first rounder or even late lottery pick if all breaks right. He was a highly rated prospect (5-star, 18th in his class via ESPN) and he should likely step into a starting spot and perhaps even a leading role (my early guess is that he is a secondary star behind Jamaal Franklin) on a NBL team that I believe projects to be solid. I think the NBL is a challenge for teenage prospects, and it has humbled a few imports (such as Hugo Besson and Rayan Rupert); but I think Flowers has a skillset that may fit a bit better in the league. I don't think he's going to be head-turning necessarily, but I think he's in the right place at the right time and he DOES have the skills to take advantage of it and endear himself to NBA teams.

5. Nikola Topic, 2005, KK Mega Bemax (Serbian KLS)
Topic still has a few things to work out; he still turns the ball over a bit too much as a PG and his 3% was atrocious in the small sample size that was the FIBA U18 Euro A Championship. However, he was also the MVP of that tournament. Topic only becomes draft eligible this year, but he already did play most of the season last year at the KLS level, and he wasn't just there to pick up garbage time; he averaged almost 18 points per game and over 5 assists per game on *stellar* shooting efficiency (the passing efficiency, as mentioned, could still use a bit of work) in 30.3 minutes per game. He has a great frame as either a PG, combo guard, or perhaps even a wing. The team he was loaned to for the coming season (KK Mega Bemax) is a bit of a prospect factory, I'm not sure that they will be GOOD and he will have plenty of teammates also justifiably vying for the spotlight, but I consider Topic to be the crown jewel of the team's lengthy prospect assortment.

6. Nikola Djurisic, 2004, KK Mega Bemax (Serbian KLS)
Djurusic's season last season is perhaps most accurately summed up by his team rather quickly deciding to pull him from the KLS rotation entirely and from his general struggles in his Liga ABA opportunities. However, he did still show plenty of flashes of the dynamic abilities that had made some reputable sources tab him as a potential lottery pick in early 2023 mocks. I think of Ousmane Dieng as a raw young prospect with an ambitious skillset who was able to endear himself to the NBA by showing clear improvement throughout the season in high level competition. Much of Mega Bemax's roster is also raw and can stand to further hone their skills, so Djurisic can easily step into a leading role if he is able to better capitalize on what he offers.

7. Mohamed Diawara, 2005, Paris (French Betclic Elite)
I think Diawara's scoring skillset has a long way to go to be useful or even relevant at an NBA level. However, I think he is fairly strong defensively and there simply aren't many 6'8" players in the world who can pass as well as he can, at any age. I find it likely that Diawara will have a prominent role on Paris this coming season and I feel confident he will be on the NBA's radar, to say the least.

8. Tidjane Salaun, 2005, Cholet (French Betclic Elite)

9. Alexandre Sarr, 2005, Perth (Australian NBL)
Sarr struggled a bit offensively at the FIBA U19 World Cup (though he was excellent defensively), and I do not expect the NBL to be any easier. I have seen a fair amount of buzz around Sarr as a prospect, and I think it is legitimate. However, I think his season may wind up very similar to that of Rayan Rupert last year; I think Sarr will receive regular playing time and MAY start, but I'd be surprised if he were to get more than 20 minutes per game. I think, just as the U19 World Cup and Rupert's NBL season, his offense may be concerning but his defense will prove him worthy of an NBA draft selection. His size may not be quite as valuable in a draft (and league) projected to be deep with Centers, but I think Sarr will still hear his name called.

10. Alexandros Samodurov, 2005, Panathinaikos (Greek HEBA A1)
Make no mistake, I still think Samodurov has immense potential, perhaps as much as anybody on this entire list. And he does find himself on a HEBA A1 roster, on a premier team that is also participating in the Euroleague at that. However, as much as I'd love to be wrong, I think Samodurov will be buried on the depth chart. The HEBA A1 does not often reward minutes to teenagers, and fellow prospect Lefteris Mantzoukis plays the same position as Samodurov likely will (PF)-- a position I do not believe either of them will start for Panathinaikos at. I think Samodurov's performance at the FIBA U18 Euro A Championship was laudable, but I think Samodurov also was far too willing to be passive to be able to cement himself as a 2024 prospect if he receives limited playing time. However, I also do think that the sky is the limit here, so I don't feel right placing him any lower than this.

11. Leonardo Okeke, 2003, OpenJobMetis Varese (Italian Serie A)
I believe that Okeke is projected to be the starting PF on this team, whom I think will be amongst the top tier of the Serie A Liga. It's nice to finally see him get an opportunity in a premier league. This ranking may be fairly optimistic about what the results might be, I'll admit.

12. Melvin Ajinca, 2004, Saint-Quentin (French Betclic Elite)

13. Eli John N'Diaye, 2004, Real Madrid (Spanish ACB)

14. Bobi Klintman, 2003, Cairns (Australian NBL)

15. Lefteris Mantzoukas, 2003, Panathinaikos (Greek HEBA A1)
Mantzoukas is a shooting forward with a bit of an inside touch as well, but he hasn't really shown a heck of a lot more as of yet. He was one of few prospects who had regular playing time in Greece last year - about 18 minutes per game at HEBA A1 last year, and about 13 minutes a game in the Euroleague. I would say he performed his role well. However, he didn't generate as much buzz as I think he probably should've, and I don't think he's set to get more playing time this year. But I think even if he simply repeats his performance that his consistent value would be more evident. I would think he will be in a high profile, as Panathinaikos should be one of the best teams in any international circuit.

16. Mouhamed Faye, 2005, Reggio Emilia (Italian Serie A)
Faye is unproven, but he has been dominant in brief showcases at junior levels. I had him tabbed on this list from the beginning simply because I thought the potential he has demonstrated warranted it, but I thought it was fairly unlikely that he would receive an opportunity to play in a senior league, let alone a premier league, before the 2024 draft. However, he has officially signed onto a Serie A team, and as of right now he's the only true big man on the roster, so he would also likely be the nominal starter.
I think there are minor flaws in his game that veterans will punish, but I do also think that Faye understands how to execute the blueprint of his role extremely well and he is physically far beyond his years (and probably his competition as well, even at this level). He has the old-school big skillset that is falling out of favor with NBA scouts, but I can't think of any other way to put it other than that he is what that playstyle was made for. I do not think he will ever be considered with such lofty expectations, but I think his game and build may prove to be surprising similar to that of Deandre Ayton. That being said, he has no professional experience and only a few showcases and a participation at the U18 Africa Championship to his name, and I don't think he is discussed much in scouting circles (at least as of yet).

17. Juan Nunez, 2004, Ratiopharm Ulm (German BBL)

18. Mohammad Amini, 2005, UNSIGNED
I'm still extremely high on Amini as a prospect, and I think even if there was room for improvement that his performance leading Iran in the FIBA World Cup was encouraging. That's not the U19 World Cup, no, that's the World Cup World Cup that Amini averaged 13.2 points per game on 46.4% FG efficiency at (ok, the other stats from that tournament don't have the same glisten).
I think he has proven to be above the junior leagues like France's U21 league that he did so well in last year. However, he remains unsigned as France begins play later this week, and the AS Monaco team that he was a prospect for looks pretty full already. If Amini lands a senior team contract this year, I think it will be easy to see that he's an NBA candidate, and the only thing to question is his ceiling. I think he might be able to make a case even if he's NOT on a senior team; but I think that's a heck of a lot more unlikely, that might be a beacon to wait until a future draft. I think this is about the appropriate rank for him at the moment, but I think that's very subject to change in the near future.

19. Andrija Jelavic, 2004, KK Mega Bemax (Serbian KLS)

20. Ariel Hukporti, 2002, Melbourne (Australian NBL)

21. Tobias Jensen, 2004, Ratiopharm Ulm (German BBL)

22. Thijs de Ridder, 2003, Bilbao (Spanish ACB)

23. Noam Yaacov, 2004, ASVEL (French Betclic Elite)

24. Pacome Dadiet, 2005, Ratiopharm Ulm (German BBL)

25. Armel Traore, 2003, ADA Blois (French Betclic Elite)

26. Toni Bilic, 2005, KK Cedevita Jr Zagreb (Croatian A-1)

27. Roko Prkacin, 2002, Gran Canaria (Spanish ACB)

28. Yannick Kraag, 2002, Joventut Baladona (Spanish ACB)

29. AJ Johnson, 2004, Illawarra (Australian NBL)

30. Bogoljub Markovic, 2005, KK Mega Bemax (Serbian KLS)

31. Jaka Klobucar, 2003, UNSIGNED
The Slovenian SKL doesn't start until the end of the month and teams haven't really filled out their rosters yet, so I'm not too worried that Klobucar remains unsigned. I think it's rather likely that he resigns with Ilirija, where he played (and mostly started) last season. Klobucar is a skilled scorer and shooter who just nearly missed the 50/40/90 club by 3 missed free throws last season for Ilirija. He's probably better served as a secondary scoring option, and his stronger/bulkier frame confines him to being a SF or an undersized PF at 6'7", but I think he is a legitimate and underrated NBA candidate.

32. Johann Gruenloh, 2005, SC Rasta Vechta (German BBL)

33. Mehmet Demirel, 2005, Anadolu Efes? (Turkish BSL)
RealGM has Demirel on Anadolu Efes' roster, but I do not see it marked in any transaction history and I do not see confirmation elsewhere. Demirel was on Efes' U19 team last year and played very well, as he also did in the FIBA U18 Euro A Championship. I think he is a very similar prospect to UCLA's Aday Mara and I would be quick to have him higher on my list, but I'm a bit uncertain about his opportunity still. I don't think he will get much playing time if he IS on the main roster, and I don't think he is a 2024 candidate if he remains on the youth team. However, I think he is undeniable as a prospect, so I think he belongs here until the season starts and he definitively rides the bench. If he has a limited but regular role on Anadolu Efes, I think this spot is perhaps a bit low but about right.

34. Michael Caicedo, 2003, UNSIGNED

35. Liutauras Lelevicius, 2003, Lietkabelis (Lithuanian LKL)

36. Lucas Langarita, 2005, Casademont Zaragoza (Spanish ACB)

37. Taran Armstrong, 2002, Cairns (Australian NBL)

38. Jan Zemljic, 2004, Helios Domzale (Slovenian SKL)

39. Fedor Zugic, 2003, BG Goettingen (German BBL)

40. Roberts Blums, 2005, Saint-Quentin (French Betclic Elite)

41. Teodor Simikj, 2004, UNSIGNED

42. Seikou Sisoho, 2000, Ratiopharm Ulm (German BBL)

43. Mantas Rubstavicius, 2002, New Zealand (Australian NBL)

44. Filip Jovic, 2005, OKK Beograd? (Serbian KLS)

45. Clement Frisch, 2002, Nancy (French Betclic Elite)

46. Nikola Manojlovic, 2002, KK Borac Cacak (Serbian KLS)

47. Georgios Tanoulis, 2002, Olympiacos (Greek HEBA A1)

48. Miguel Allen, 2003, Joventut Baladona (Spanish ACB)

49. Alexandre Bouzidi, 2004, Chorale Roanne (French Betclic Elite)

50. Ilias Kamardine, 2003, JA Vichy (French LNB Pro B)

51. Evangelos Zougris, 2004, UNSIGNED

52. Ege Demir, 2004, Tofas SC (Turkish BSL)

53. Vojin Medarevic, 2002, KK Spartak Subotica? (Serbian KLS)

54. Mihailo Petrovic, 2003, UNSIGNED

55. Zacharie Perrin, 2004, Antibes (French LNB Pro B)

56. Orri Gunnarsson, 2003, Allianz Swans Gmunden (Austrian A Bundesliga)

57. Noam Dovrat, 2002, Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (Israeli BSL)

58. Ilija Milijasevic, 2004, UNSIGNED

59. Amadou Doumbia, 2005, UNSIGNED

60. Francesco Ferrari, 2005, UNSIGNED

I DID take Hal14's advice and have Ulrich Chomche on other updated versions of my list, and I think I immensely underrated him when I did. I understand that he is eligible for the 2024 draft, but I saw a report where he specifically stated that it was his plan to do NBA Global Academy for this coming year and then sign on to a US college, which would make him a 2025 NBA prospect. Things can certainly change, but since that is an explicit declaration of his intentions I don't see any reason to keep him on a 2024 prospect list. However, he seems awfully exciting.

Anyways, according to this completely subjective list, there are a few teams that stand out for anybody interested in watching top prospects-

KK Mega Bemax, 4 listed prospects: Nikola Topic (5), Nikola Djurisic (6), Andrija Jelavic (19), Bogoljub Markovic (30)
Ratiopharm Ulm, 4 listed prospects: Juan Nunez (17), Tobias Jensen (21), Pacome Dadiet (24), Seikou Sisoho (42)
Joventut Baladona, 3 listed prospects: Ruben Prey (1), Yannick Kraag (28), Miguel Allen (48)
Panathinaikos, 2 listed prospects: Alexandros Samodurov (10), Lefteris Mantzoukas (15)
Saint-Quentin, 2 listed prospects: Melvin Ajinca (12), Roberts Blums (40)
Cairns, 2 listed prospects: Bobi Klintman (14), Taran Armstrong (37)

However, I believe there is a team that is more interesting for NBA scouts than all of these (expect *maybe* Mega Bemax, who has quite a few unlisted prospects as well).

Real Madrid is building an absolutely SCARY youth movement, with some extremely highly regarded prospects for 2025 (and one for 2026) signed onto their roster at the moment. If they retain these guys and they're anywhere close to as good as advertised, I think this roster could make Boulogne-Levallois' showing in the 2023 draft lottery look minor in comparison come July of 2025.

Real Madrid has:
Eli John N'Diaye (2024 eligible, 13th on my list)
Hugo Gonzalez (eligible in 2025, #1 ranked international prospect born in 2006 on Eurospects)
Egor Demin (eligible in 2025, #2 ranked international prospect born in 2006 on Eurospects)
Mitar Bosnjakovic (eligible in 2025, #11 ranked international prospect born in 2006 on Eurospects)
Ismaila Diagne (eligible in 2025, #14 ranked international prospect born in 2006 on Eurospects)
Declan Duru (eligible in 2026, #11 ranked international prospect born in 2007 on Eurospects)
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#18 » by Toxicity » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:39 pm

JazzP wrote:11. Leonardo Okeke, 2003, OpenJobMetis Varese (Italian Serie A)
I believe that Okeke is projected to be the starting PF on this team, whom I think will be amongst the top tier of the Serie A Liga. It's nice to finally see him get an opportunity in a premier league. This ranking may be fairly optimistic about what the results might be, I'll admit.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/acb/1490629/leonardo-okeke-joventut-badalona-injury/

Just an info, in case you miss it: Leonardo had a serious injury this year and he's not expected to play until 2024 (and he may not be back @ his full potential, sadly).

That being said, Varese is the right place to recover from an injury and we all hope he'll be back soon. :pray:
JazzP
Freshman

Post#19 » by JazzP » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:19 pm

Toxicity wrote:
JazzP wrote:11. Leonardo Okeke, 2003, OpenJobMetis Varese (Italian Serie A)

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/acb/1490629/leonardo-okeke-joventut-badalona-injury/

Just an info, in case you miss it: Leonardo had a serious injury this year and he's not expected to play until 2024 (and he may not be back @ his full potential, sadly).

That being said, Varese is the right place to recover from an injury and we all hope he'll be back soon. :pray:

I DID miss it, thank you!! Wishing him a safe recovery.
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 495

Post#20 » by _GH0ST_ » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:52 am

Where is Adem Bona? He is likely to be selected in the first round.

Return to NBA Draft