ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN Dude Hating on Bosh's Commercial

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

torontoaces04
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#81 » by torontoaces04 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:07 am

this guy is a tool.
newpollution32
Senior
And1: 5

Post#82 » by newpollution32 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:23 am

This guy is an idiot. He has been a prior All Star, it's not like he's a bad player, I hope this guy is fired.
thegame10
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#83 » by thegame10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:47 am

skip is a dumbass...i don`t think he even watches basketball.
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#84 » by JD225 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:13 am

What a poor attempt by ESPN (mainly Skip) into turning something as silly as this into a controversial issue. That's just too low, even for Skip.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#85 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:36 am

welcome to espn
Got Raps FanFiction?
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#86 » by sarah42 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:54 am

The one thing that always gets me is the way Skip interviews Kobe after the game, or right at the beginning of halftime.

Picture it: Kobe, with a towel draped over his shoulders, licking his lips, and moving the sweat off his brow, dripping in sweat, and I mean dripping in sweat...

oh no, you can't imagine that? well, it may not be your taste, but its sure is Skip's favourite dream.

first of all, chris is going to the all star game. he's a great player, getting out of a slump, and will be chosen by the coaches, since KG is KG, and Chris' reputation is enough, that people will forgive him for his low FG percentage. low FG percentage hasn't kept other players out. Furthermore, is David West or Carlos Boozer playing in the East this year?

the only other power foward that may be having a better year is Jamison.
he is such a hater of every team not named the Lakers.

i love his comment about the celtics age, even Paul Pierce's age....um yeah buddy, your lover Kobe is about 10 months younger, and definitely has more mileage, and more surgeries in his past. what a punk!
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,105

Post#87 » by Schad » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:02 am

Most of the ESPN guys have a shtick. Stephen A. Smith shrieks like a banshee, Stuart Scott tries his damnedest to be black, and Skip Buzzkill is unamused and melodramatic. That's his thing. That he chose this subject to be unamused by is a badge of honour; few stories are worthy of Skip's furrowed brow and slow, sad shake of the head.

Bosh and those at his site should be proud to be the latest thing that Skip believes is destroying western civilization.
**** your asterisk.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst

Post#88 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:12 am

any have his email, i feel like flooding an inbox
Got Raps FanFiction?
Brans
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#89 » by Brans » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:31 am

No need to do that. Just let it be.
CB4-TJ11-AB7
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by CB4-TJ11-AB7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:13 am

So I finally watched the clip and WOW

The thing is I've always hated that guy didn't realize his name was Skip. Everytime I turn to ESPN and he's speaking he just annoys me. He talks about athletes especially black athletes in such a demeaning way. As though he's on ground much above them. I've always wondered who he was and things and I'm glad I know his name. He's despicable to watch and is one of the most judgemental broadcasters, I really want to flood his inbox.

Maybe he should realize Bosh is a 2-time all-star, a 2nd-team All-NBA. A first team Rookie, averages 21 and 9 after a very bad start and is unguardable driving the ball.

He speaks about Bosh as though he's some young gun still learning the game and trying to make the all-star team. I mean if Shaq is in the game this year then Bosh should be starting. I mean it's based on this year's play right
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#91 » by DIEHARD_005 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:33 pm

I was so irritated when Skippy Lou or whatever his name is basically said that Bosh wouldn't be an allstar without this video. He started in the game last year, and was on the squad the year before that. How is he any less deserving than anyone else? Like was this guy living under a friggin rock for the past two years?

Then he tries to link the Raps record of 17-15 to say that the team is mediocre and Bosh shouldn't be on the allstar game because of it. Well I know a certain fellow by the name of Kevin Garnett who played on teams that flat out sucked the last couple years but he still managed to get a starting spot in the Western Conference. The guy is flat out stupid.
Air Canada
RealGM
And1: 7,556

Post#92 » by Air Canada » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:41 pm

This guys a tool. Theres nothing wrong with this video, its just Bosh having some fun with the AS voting. Theres no way hes gonna be a starter so the coaches will decide if he belongs to be there or not.
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 118
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#93 » by kmatrixg » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:49 pm

I'm glad everyone laughs at that Colmes wannabe snake looking motha fukka. He eats food like a lizard.
kmatrixg
Veteran
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#94 » by kmatrixg » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:53 pm

Not sure if anyone posted this, but here you go.

Your welcome guys

http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/searc ... &page=espn
kmatrixg
Veteran

Post#95 » by kmatrixg » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:14 pm

Skip Bayless:

Everything you mentioned in despise of Chris Bosh's All Star video was false, and highly overstated. You claim numerous problems with the idea, yet you claim to give factual evidence to support your side. Before you get your panties in a bunch, why don't you do three things.

1) Wait until the next returns come back (which will be the final returns) before you start throwing a hissy fit over a player trying to garner votes from his fans. Remember, this wasn't posted on NBA.com. He didn't travel the world in support of his video, he posted it on his personal website - Not even a website sponsored by the Toronto Raptors. If you were an intelligent analyst, you would probably have realized that as long as Kevin Garnett and Lebron James are in the Eastern Conference, there will be no other starters at the Forward spots. Chris Bosh is a Forward. Fans only vote the starters in. Coaches vote the backups in. So once again, you have failed to realize a piece of common sense, that falters your entire b*tch fit.

2) Before you start a huge rant on how bad all of this is, try and think things out so you don't come off as an unintelligent tool. You claim "mehhh is he deserving of an all star spot this year? His team is 17-15" - Thats your huge mistake. So many other players have become all stars when their teams were complete jokes. (In the future, if you want to avoid this type of backlash, I suggest you rehearse your supposed "insightful rants") But, all in all, since you think you are the second coming of Miss Cleo, I will respect your thoughts on believing that this will get Chris Bosh 7 million votes. If anything, YOUR freakout helped his cause, and will now get votes from people who either a) had no idea, or b) just want to piss someone like you off!

3) If you honestly think "internet nuts" will actually give two sh*ts about a Chris Bosh vote, then god almighty will be coming down to earth to strike us dead. Give me a break. The only people that actually vote are either FANS (little kids who like each player for who they are) or FANS (people who understand the game). Notice how I mentioned two types of fans. There is no difference, maybe to your old conventional self, but either way - Chris Bosh will only get the votes he deserves. If you HONESTLY THINK that some random ass people will tune into Chris Bosh's website and say "ohhh wow chris bosh is such a good actor, i dont know what the all star game is BUT HES GETTING MY VOTE" you are trying DESPERATELY to gain attention and controversy.

This concludes this edition of: pwning Skip Bayless

Thank you.
needbox
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#96 » by needbox » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:01 pm

There is a reason this guy is on ESPN2
Brans
Banned User

Post#97 » by Brans » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:55 pm

Guys just leave it alone. Who cares what he says.
Brans
Banned User

Post#98 » by Brans » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:55 pm

Guys just leave it alone. Who cares what he says.
La princesa
Junior

Post#99 » by La princesa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:19 am

Not everyone is going to like his stuff move on.

Return to Toronto Raptors