ImageImageImageImageImage

gt: tor @ mia (game 81 at 8pm)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,731

Re: gt: tor @ mia (game 81 at 8pm) 

Post#101 » by C_Money » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:34 am

greekman wrote:how does memphis find all these gems and the best raptors can do is agbaji ?

I was super high on GG Jackson when everybody else called him the worst player in the draft. Buncha clowns.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,000

Post#102 » by Los_29 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:44 am

If Memphis was finding gems they wouldn’t have the 7th worst record in the league.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,680

Post#103 » by sbsat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:57 am

greekman wrote:how does memphis find all these gems and the best raptors can do is agbaji ?

Quickly, rj and dick are pretty good.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,019

Post#104 » by anotherhomer » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:05 am

C_Money wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:watching the game....the one glaring obvious problem is the lack of SF/PF size
getting a few SF/PF in the draft is important along with a backup PG

i wouldn't mind if they let GTJ, brown go, and give the playing time to younger players like Ochai and Dick
and get a backup PG

Depends what kind of players they are. We’ve had plenty of size over the past few years and it didn’t help us. We need more talent first.

obviously OG, but someone like him who's durable would help a lot
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,281

Post#105 » by Chandan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:27 am

is darko really trying to right the ship? :lol:
another 20 point loss
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by sbsat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:31 am

Chandan wrote:is darko really trying to right the ship? :lol:
another 20 point loss

We are so cooked next year the writing is on the wall. I’ve never experienced a raptors team that gives up leads like this since maybe the inaugural season.
The defense is so behind I don’t it even know where to begin to fix it
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,281

Post#107 » by Chandan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:01 am

sbsat wrote:
another 20 point loss

We are so cooked next year the writing is on the wall. I’ve never experienced a raptors team that gives up leads like this since maybe the inaugural season.

dont worry. a standard injury or two to one/two of our players will give your mind ample excuses to feel okay about 2026.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,487

Post#108 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:23 am

Los_29 wrote:If Memphis was finding gems they wouldn’t have the 7th worst record in the league.

Now Memphis is a team that's actually tanking due to injuries and Ja's idocy but have proven to be a 50 win core. Please don't confuse them for the Raptors who are going to be near the exact same area we are this year lol.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#109 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 am

Chandan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
another 20 point loss

dont worry. a standard injury or two to one/two of our players will give your mind ample excuses to feel okay about 2026.

Don't you know, only the Raptors have faced injuries this year lol.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#110 » by Los_29 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:37 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Los_29 wrote:If Memphis was finding gems they wouldn’t have the 7th worst record in the league.

Now Memphis is a team that's actually tanking due to injuries and Ja's idocy but have proven to be a 50 win core. Please don't confuse them for the Raptors who are going to be near the exact same area we are this year lol.

Yes, but that’s not what we are discussing. Lol. They are where they are because their two best players are Ja and JJJr. Both of whom are top 4 picks. I remember last year having this discussion with some posters here who thought Aldama, Roddy, Laravia and Ziaire Williams were these incredible gems. Now the same is being said for GG Jackson. I don’t even think Roddy is even on their team anymore. lol.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#111 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:22 am

Los_29 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Yes, but that’s not what we are discussing. Lol. They are where they are because their two best players are Ja and JJJr. Both of whom are top 4 picks. I remember last year having this discussion with some posters here who thought Aldama, Roddy, Laravia and Ziaire Williams were these incredible gems. Now the same is being said for GG Jackson. I don’t even think Roddy is even on their team anymore. lol.

Ah OK... ya it's really hard to know which guys will actually be relevant during a massive tank job. Some guys like Banton thrive when they get to jack up shot after shot but can they find roles as the 4th/5th option on the court, which is exactly what they'd all be on good teams.

I thought you were downplaying Memphis as a team overall because I expect them to have the biggest jump in wins next year lol.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,911

Post#112 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:55 am

We are so far from being a competitive playoff caliber team, but hopefully, this is the last of Trent and Brown in a Raptors jersey... we need better talent, esp bigs...
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#113 » by Yeezus_ » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:02 am

sbsat wrote:
another 20 point loss

Maybe it starts with getting your two best defensive players back in the lineup
Yeezy SZN approaching
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#114 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:14 am

Yeezus_ wrote:
sbsat wrote:
another 20 point loss

Did you miss all those games where Barnes and Poeltl played this year? Lol
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,622

Post#115 » by Scase » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:15 am

Yeezus_ wrote:
sbsat wrote:
another 20 point loss

Nope, totally the coaches fault. Definitely not missing like damn near the entire starting lineup. Darko just isn't bodying up his man.
Props TZ!
Los_29
RealGM

Post#116 » by Los_29 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:22 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Ah OK... ya it's really hard to know which guys will actually be relevant during a massive tank job. Some guys like Banton thrive when they get to jack up shot after shot but can they find roles as the 4th/5th option on the court, which is exactly what they'd all be on good teams.

I thought you were downplaying Memphis as a team overall because I expect them to have the biggest jump in wins next year lol.

I do wonder how much of a jump they’ll make. Lots of teams in the West have gotten better. Memphis hasn’t added anything to compliment their best players and they follow our old philosophy of trying to force turnovers and have more field goal attempts than their opponents. Not sure how much that will work if you lack shooting. If they can add a shooter in this draft that could be big for them because they are not good in the half court.

They’ll make a big jump in wins though simply because they barely had any this year. lol.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,892

Post#117 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:28 am

sbsat wrote:
another 20 point loss

They are trying to lose.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,674

Post#118 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:22 am

This makes no sense. They were the #2 seed the past two seasons. They’ve had a bad year due to Ja’s suspension and then all the injuries.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#119 » by Los_29 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:18 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:

This makes no sense. They were the #2 seed the past two seasons. They’ve had a bad year due to Ja’s suspension and then all the injuries.

Yes, because of Ja, their 3rd overall pick. Their 2nd best player is JJJr, their 4th overall pick.

All of their later picks except for Bane have been average to awful.

Who are their gems?
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by sbsat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:47 pm

Scase wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Nope, totally the coaches fault. Definitely not missing like damn near the entire starting lineup. Darko just isn't bodying up his man.

There was a stretch early in the year… when we had team of Jakob og siakam and Barnes playing where we surrendered leads of 14 or more 4 games in a row. The issue has been there all year. But I’ll let all of you wait until next year to pivot

Return to Toronto Raptors