ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,438

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#321 » by ill-Will03 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:51 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:
ill-Will03 wrote:It's crazy because I thought Kendrick would absolutely wash Drake, worse than Pusha T. But surprisingly Drake held his own while also going against 5 people by himself. He stood on business at the end of the day whether he won or not you have to respect that. He never ducks any smoke.

None of these 8 songs come anywhere close to Pusha’s Story of Adidon imo. Kendrick’s tracks sound like something on the B side of the cutting room floor I don’t get what people are going crazy over. Drakes stuff sound like he should have came with that energy on his latest album otherwise it might not have flopped.

Ya for sure that’s why idk where the Kendrick glazing is coming from lol. Pusha killed Drake way worse and he wasn’t being slandered like this
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,358

Post#322 » by UnderdogRaptors » Wed May 8, 2024 4:40 am

CazOnReal wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:I suppose self-inflicted wounds count as cutting deep.

Self inflicted how? Kenny not even denying what drake saying :nod:

See this is that media illiteracy that was mentioned earlier on full display.

He addressed this in Euphoria right at the opening and in Meet the Grahams' final verse but I guess it doesn't count because it wasn't spelled out in as simplistic/corny terms as it could possibly be expressed.

Kendrick: "Why should people believe you, you have a history of lying and here are the things you lied about"; listing a series of things that Drake has been proven to have lied about in the past such as his first kid that was first brought to light in a completely unrelated rap feud from a few years ago

Drake in his response: Lies about Kendrick being molested as a kid (The most charitable reading you can give this bar is he was misinterpreting "Mother I Sober" where Kendrick talked about his mother being violated and the generational trauma that it inflicted which, considering Kendrick called him a manipulator, is not much better) and lies about never "looking twice at no teenager" in an attempt to rebuke Kendrick calling him a pedophile while namedropping one of the teenagers he's alleged to have groomed (Millie Brown); Kendrick never mentioned Millie Brown by name nor alluded to them specifically. More significant, we literally have video of him kissing a then-17 year-old girl who he referred to as "curvaceous" after learning about her age and talked about her breasts before kissing them again (which as an aside, that's just weird to talk about a fan's body like that on stage regardless of their age. Like imagine if Adam LeVine was at a concert saying "that booty is thick" to one of the wine moms in the crow-actually you know what bad example given the leaked LeVine DMs.):

Brown has talked about Drake texting her when she was 14 and said DMs involved him giving her advice about boys:

Just like Lamar, all of the claims and rebuttals Drake has made rely on their credibility. The difference is that Drake lacks credibility given his history of lying. So him saying "I planted a mole, fake news" without receipts while lying on that same diss track only further discredits his reliability.
Fairview4Life wrote:Just to be clear, you believe Taylor Swift’s reputation was destroyed by Kanye West? Some of you guys live in a very insular world I think.

Just to be clear: Did you miss the point that severely that you needed it spelled out for you? If so, let me do just that: If there was a mole/false information being fed to Kendrick's camp, he could just show the receipts and we would be done with this. That's what Ye/Kim did.
Mattatron wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Still a garbage song. Family matters is the best song in all this

That's your opinion. But in Battle Rap it's all about damage and rhymes not about catchy sounds with rnb singing ****. And Kendrick killed Aubrey.

The fact that you have clubs full of people singing "O-V-HO" and reacting to "Not Like Us" in droves is pretty devastating in of itself, irrespective of what one thinks of the song. Like that's some Fabian "sap them of their strength without directly attacking them" deviousness.
Just a few examples:

I didn't listen to any of that garbo so I wouldn't know but people still saying he didn't deny uppercutting his woman
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#323 » by UnderdogRaptors » Wed May 8, 2024 4:44 am

ill-Will03 wrote:It's crazy because I thought Kendrick would absolutely wash Drake, worse than Pusha T. But surprisingly Drake held his own while also going against 5 people by himself. He stood on business at the end of the day whether he won or not you have to respect that. He never ducks any smoke.

Easy w
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,193

Post#324 » by mowcrowbar » Wed May 8, 2024 6:21 am

Potential wrote:Euphoria - 1.1m likes 12k dislikes

Meet the Grahams - 1.2m likes 16k dislikes

Not like us - 1.6m likes 15k dislikes

Family matters - 716k likes 308k dislikes

The heart part 6 - 650k likes 1m dislikes

Crazy seeing a drake video with that like/dislike ratio. Drake gotta be one of the most hated or it might just be Kendrick FC dedicated to spamming the dislikes. "The heart part 6" is a disrespectful song title to Kendrick's other "the heart " songs

Drake gets hated on cause he's only half black or like cause he's goofy and weird. In the Rap game, you gotta act hard or come from the streets for credibility. Kendrick on the other hand makes some statements that people think are philosophical even though its really not all that deep.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,873

Post#325 » by ThatClockWork » Wed May 8, 2024 6:49 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:That song is trash :lol:

#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.

Still a garbage song. Family matters is the best song in all this

I think you had your feelings hurt. Meet the Graham's and Not like us clear that. Euphoria clears Family Matters.
Drake had his best output on Push Ups and that was more about him going after the others (Metro, etc.) than Kendrick.

Family matters had a good start and a good end. The middle section was the weakest part if you ask me. Too many filler bars. Kind of like Euphoria in that sense but worse.

Its okay to admit that your God took an L. Even he waived the white flag. Why can't you?

YogurtProducer wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ill-Will03 wrote:
Yes exactly.. You do realize that drake has been the top artist for over 12 years now right? He has the biggest fan base, but also the most amount of Haters. It's similar to Lebron, who if you look online gets nothing but hate while also being the greatest of all time.

You also have the outlier event of kendrick putting out music at a pace he has never done before. Watch how quickly his streams dry out if he increases the throughput of his music and cant diss drake anymore

Yall are just grasping now :lol:

https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/drake-kendrick-lamar-beef-loss-recover-1235676509/

No one thinks Drake won other than drake stans.

And that's on BIG OWLS!
BIG OVO! :lol:

LoveMyRaps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:That song is trash :lol:

#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.

This is hilarious because whenever Drake would top charts and break streaming records, people like YOU would be the first to say "none of that matters. streams don't represent who's better"

Drake for the last decade has been the most popular and most played hip-hop artist in the world, yet I'd always hear "all because he's the most popular doesn't mean he's the most talented"

But now... since Kendrick is the one being played everywhere and topping charts - all of a sudden it's "tough look for Aubrey" and a huge win for Kendrick?

Stop it man.

No you stop it. The second it doesn't fit your narrative, you want to cry foul with what-about-ism. That is a strawman argument if I ever read one.

The only venues that will not bump that song will be for Canadian sport teams more than likely at this point.

Accept the loss and keep it moving.

Basketball_Jones wrote:

None of these 8 songs come anywhere close to Pusha’s Story of Adidon imo. Kendrick’s tracks sound like something on the B side of the cutting room floor I don’t get what people are going crazy over. Drakes stuff sound like he should have came with that energy on his latest album otherwise it might not have flopped.

Same fans coped hard when Push forced their God into accepting his fatherhood. I disagree on Kendrick's product sounding like b-side cutting room floor product. Outside of Push Ups. generally Drake missed. The start and end of Family Matters could of been salvaged. He had something there.

Lets's not give this man a W when he is shooting 3-20 from the field right now.

It is fair to say however that Pusha opened the door for all of this when he slapped him up on the mic.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#326 » by 6ixpessant » Wed May 8, 2024 7:05 am

Someone got shot... if it has anything to do with this rap battle wannabe gangster bs...... gross.

They just use the morons on social media to fuel it all for free.
ThatClockWork
Veteran

Post#327 » by ThatClockWork » Wed May 8, 2024 7:09 am

6ixpessant wrote:Someone got shot... if it has anything to do with this rap battle wannabe gangster bs...... gross.

Agree ... and there is no evidence that ties it to Kendrick's actions, only speculation.

Same people who tried to roll on Pusha T when he did a show here during the beef with the threats and all. Where was the outrage from the Drake stan crew then? If that had nothing to do with Drake, extend the same to Kendrick for this.

Double standards need not apply here.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#328 » by UnderdogRaptors » Wed May 8, 2024 7:10 am

ThatClockWork wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.

Still a garbage song. Family matters is the best song in all this

I think you had your feelings hurt. Meet the Graham's and Not like us clear that. Euphoria clears Family Matters.
Drake had his best output on Push Ups and that was more about him going after the others (Metro, etc.) than Kendrick.

Family matters had a good start and a good end. The middle section was the weakest part if you ask me. Too many filler bars. Kind of like Euphoria in that sense but worse.

Its okay to admit that your God took an L. Even he waived the white flag. Why can't you?

YogurtProducer wrote:
sbsat wrote:
You also have the outlier event of kendrick putting out music at a pace he has never done before. Watch how quickly his streams dry out if he increases the throughput of his music and cant diss drake anymore

https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/drake-kendrick-lamar-beef-loss-recover-1235676509/

And that's on BIG OWLS!
BIG OVO! :lol:

LoveMyRaps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.

This is hilarious because whenever Drake would top charts and break streaming records, people like YOU would be the first to say "none of that matters. streams don't represent who's better"

Drake for the last decade has been the most popular and most played hip-hop artist in the world, yet I'd always hear "all because he's the most popular doesn't mean he's the most talented"

But now... since Kendrick is the one being played everywhere and topping charts - all of a sudden it's "tough look for Aubrey" and a huge win for Kendrick?

Stop it man.

No you stop it. The second it doesn't fit your narrative, you want to cry foul with what-about-ism. That is a strawman argument if I ever read one.

The only venues that will not bump that song will be for Canadian sport teams more than likely at this point.

Accept the loss and keep it moving.

Basketball_Jones wrote:

Same fans coped hard when Push forced their God into accepting his fatherhood. I disagree on Kendrick's product sounding like b-side cutting room floor product. Outside of Push Ups. generally Drake missed. The start and end of Family Matters could of been salvaged. He had something there.

Lets's not give this man a W when he is shooting 3-20 from the field right now.

It is fair to say however that Pusha opened the door for all of this when he slapped him up on the mic.

None of that trash is better than family matters be real :lol: Kendrick got bodied so bad
ThatClockWork
Veteran

Post#329 » by ThatClockWork » Wed May 8, 2024 7:17 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:None of that trash is better than family matters be real :lol: Kendrick got bodied so bad

You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to me :lol:
Denial is after all the first step towards acceptance.

I'll cut it here - got to work in the morning - stay safe.
Public_Enemy101
Pro Prospect
And1: 950

Post#330 » by Public_Enemy101 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:25 am

Okay, I just listened to that Not Like Us tune and I couldn’t care less who wrote it….

Sounds like absolute Nickelodeon dogsh*t that an 8 year old made with fruity loops.

I’m disappointed in you guys if you call that good music. I really am.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#331 » by UnderdogRaptors » Wed May 8, 2024 7:26 am

Public_Enemy101 wrote:Okay, I just listened to that Not Like Us tune and I couldn’t care less who wrote it….

Sounds like absolute Nickelodeon dogsh*t that an 8 year made with fruity loops.

Now listen to family matters. Drake clutched the 20 v 1 he's really the greatest rapper ever :o
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#332 » by UnderdogRaptors » Wed May 8, 2024 7:33 am

ThatClockWork wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:None of that trash is better than family matters be real :lol: Kendrick got bodied so bad

You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to me :lol:
Denial is after all the first step towards acceptance.

I'll cut it here - got to work in the morning - stay safe.

Common drake w
Public_Enemy101
Pro Prospect
And1: 950

Post#333 » by Public_Enemy101 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:34 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
Public_Enemy101 wrote:Okay, I just listened to that Not Like Us tune and I couldn’t care less who wrote it….

Now listen to family matters. Drake clutched the 20 v 1 he's really the greatest rapper ever :o

Production is slightly better but the tune still pretty sh*t too. Both need to start hiring some proper ghost producers, lol.

Or not. People don’t seem to care. You could just have them rap over white noise and that will pass as good music nowadays.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#334 » by 6ixpessant » Wed May 8, 2024 7:44 am

ThatClockWork wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:Someone got shot... if it has anything to do with this rap battle wannabe gangster bs...... gross.

Agree ... and there is no evidence that ties it to Kendrick's actions, only speculation.

Same people who tried to roll on Pusha T when he did a show here during the beef with the threats and all. Where was the outrage from the Drake stan crew then? If that had nothing to do with Drake, extend the same to Kendrick for this.

Double standards need not apply here.

There has been times that I just don't understand this part of Hip Hop culture, goes way back to Tupac.. Liked a lot of what he did... but not that stuff.

If you're legitimately upset, why live with that anger... if it's all for show... again, why? They're both talented dudes... I prefer Kendrick (especially musically, he can sort of be "prog hip hop"), but whatever.

I'm a metal head at heart (love lots of other genres)... but when they hated each other they'd just say so and move on. That may be because the metal community for the most part has been inclusive... we were all high school pariahs, "skids", "dirtbags" and angry at the world and found comfort with other people that were "different". Metal just brings positive aggression for a lot of people. I'm older, so it was a different time.

Yeah sure.. the Mayhem lead singer killed his guitar player... but that was outlier. :D

I do love some of those Hip Hop dudes reacting to like a Slayer song on YouTube.... :lol:
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 545

Post#335 » by CazOnReal » Wed May 8, 2024 8:24 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:None of that trash is better than family matters be real

How would you know? You literally said you never listened to it:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:I didn't listen to any of that garbo so I wouldn't know
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,683

Post#336 » by sbsat » Wed May 8, 2024 11:01 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ill-Will03 wrote:
Yes exactly.. You do realize that drake has been the top artist for over 12 years now right? He has the biggest fan base, but also the most amount of Haters. It's similar to Lebron, who if you look online gets nothing but hate while also being the greatest of all time.

What am i grasping at? Did i say who won? This beef has zero effect in my life i have a billion more important things to worry about. I actually find it hilarious on how emotionally involved people are about this.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#337 » by agkagk » Wed May 8, 2024 1:03 pm

ontnut wrote:Nothing will actually come of this beef, they're just attention seeking.

Yup

Look at me school girl none sense.

Even the word is for little girls

“Omg theyre totally beefing”.

Eff off draie im not buying your 500 dollar owl tshirr.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#338 » by Mattatron » Wed May 8, 2024 1:03 pm

Public_Enemy101 wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:

Production is slightly better but the tune still pretty sh*t too. Both need to start hiring some proper ghost producers, lol.

Or not. People don’t seem to care. You could just have them rap over white noise and that will pass as good music nowadays.

Disstracks are never about good beats/instrumental, most of them are leftovers or halfway through produced beats with no mastering. It's not about to make a hit or anything. This is a Beef. That's it. If u want club music and get drunk go to Drake, if u want good conscious music go to pulitzer prize winning musician kendrick and hear GKMC, TPAB, DAMN & MORALE & BIG STEPPERS.
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,438

Post#339 » by ill-Will03 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:14 pm

Lmao I had no idea Kendrick had so many die hard fans. These guys writing essays to defend him. Wonder why his albums don’t do better numbers..
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,375

Post#340 » by YogurtProducer » Wed May 8, 2024 1:20 pm

ill-Will03 wrote:Lmao I had no idea Kendrick had so many die hard fans. These guys writing essays to defend him. Wonder why his albums don’t do better numbers..

What kind of numbers do you want this man to do :lol:

That being said… isn’t the Kendrick disses #1 on the charts? How is drakes numbers looking here?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors