ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Blowout loss

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,337

Re: PG: Blowout loss 

Post#61 » by pilkoids » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:33 am

islandboy53 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:I always knew this board never had it in them for a tank. All this crying and whining. We are literally playing a hybrid of a bench and G-leaguers for the past month. Of course we suck.

The whining is epic! And some of them want us to fully tank next year :lol: Fun times.

I predict Scottie starts grumbling if we put together another losing season. There won't be any extended rebuild, this roster will be retooled in the offseason to win.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,906

Post#62 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:34 am

pilkoids wrote:Those who watch these games... what are you watching for? Gradey?

Going to make the good times that much sweeter ensuring this

And definitely Dick watching
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man
And1: 935

Post#63 » by TNRaps4life » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:38 am

islandboy53 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:I always knew this board never had it in them for a tank. All this crying and whining. We are literally playing a hybrid of a bench and G-leaguers for the past month. Of course we suck.

The whining is epic! And some of them want us to fully tank next year :lol: Fun times.

Exactly. Where are the TWO people? It is okay to loose. We got a good core for next year.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,906

Post#64 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:38 am

pilkoids wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

I predict Scottie starts grumbling if we put together another losing season. There won't be any extended rebuild, this roster will be retooled in the offseason to win.

He’ll sign his max extension this summer

If they are smart they have a very young and inexperienced roster next year to ensure the bench keeps them losing, but they communicate this with Scottie with the big picture being 2025-2026 and onwards. They’ll probably sign a guy or two he knows like Mogbo

Scottie has said multiple times his goal is to win in Toronto. Guy has done nothing thus far to suggest he doesn’t wear his heart on his sleeve
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,240

Post#65 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:40 am

Six games left and a two loss cushion, this team should be trying to win in the last 6 games. They don't need to pretend and rest players against teams like the Wolves to try and not win, because they can't win.
vaaron
Junior
And1: 165

Post#66 » by vaaron » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:58 am

Green Backpack wrote:Man... we sure have fallen from the days of handing our the post-game chain

more like post game toilet seat.
the d is so bad which in turn make them have to half court offense which is almost stagnant.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,294

Post#67 » by TorontoBarneys » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:06 pm

I'm not watching these games all 4 quarters but I'd say I watched 60% of the game in-between other stuff I was doing. I get we are tanking but 40+ point losses should still be unacceptable lol.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,608

Post#68 » by HangTime » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:09 pm

Was yesterday the worst day for Toronto sports?
Raptors lose 133-85
Leafs lose 4-1
Jays lose 8-0, while getting only 1 hit.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,674

Post#69 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:10 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Six games left and a two loss cushion, this team should be trying to win in the last 6 games. They don't need to pretend and rest players against teams like the Wolves to try and not win, because they can't win.

3 loss. 6th worst is almost in the bag.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,315

Post#70 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:11 pm

Brinbe wrote:The team they're putting out there right now by and large won't be the team we'll see next fall, so no real reason to be getting all upset.

Yeah not sure why some are so upset lol. Of the 9 guys that played last night, only Dick and IQ are a lock to be on the team next year. I know McD still has 1 more year but he might (should) get waived or be tossed in to a trade for salary purposes. Nobody can say with any confidence that any other guy from last night will be on the team, or even in the NBA, next season.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,294

Post#71 » by TorontoBarneys » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:12 pm

sbsat wrote:
Childs wrote:

Hopefully he still has the locker room next yr

He doesnt have it now. They may like him bit they aren't motivated. And this is an all year problem not end of year blatant tank problem

I think I agree with this. That comment about Garrett Temple being the hustle guy and showing the most heart on the team was striking. We got problems.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#72 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:17 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:Six games left and a two loss cushion, this team should be trying to win in the last 6 games. They don't need to pretend and rest players against teams like the Wolves to try and not win, because they can't win.

3 loss is a coin flip if Memphis doesn't win again. Don't even.

And Portland isn't winning 3 of their last 6, so there's no point in waiting for that.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,674

Post#73 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:36 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

And Portland isn't winning 3 of their last 6, so there's no point in waiting for that.

There is 0 chance we win 3/6 games
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#74 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:40 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

...and that doesn't change the fact that its a 2 loss cushion. But continue to argue something completely unimportant.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,680

Post#75 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:13 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:I'm not watching these games all 4 quarters but I'd say I watched 60% of the game in-between other stuff I was doing. I get we are tanking but 40+ point losses should still be unacceptable lol.

This is what I am saying over and over again. The response I'm getting is we have a g league team why do you expect wins? No one is excepting this team to win, but there is information to be gained from these losses. The nature in which we lose, the constant theme of poor effort and poor defense all year is evidence to me that our head coach is clueless. Unfortunately this is the person they hired and I strongly believe he will stymie whatever progress can be had with the core we have built
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:14 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

...and that doesn't change the fact that its a 2 loss cushion. But continue to argue something completely unimportant.

The raptors are not capable of beating a g league team at this point. They will lose out for the rest of the year and the chips will fall as they will
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,783

Post#77 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:22 pm

sbsat wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:I'm not watching these games all 4 quarters but I'd say I watched 60% of the game in-between other stuff I was doing. I get we are tanking but 40+ point losses should still be unacceptable lol.

This is what I am saying over and over again. The response I'm getting is we have a g league team why do you expect wins? No one is excepting this team to win, but there is information to be gained from these losses. The nature in which we lose, the constant theme of poor effort and poor defense all year is evidence to me that our head coach is clueless. Unfortunately this is the person they hired and I strongly believe he will stymie whatever progress can be had with the core we have built

Did Darko **** your wife or something? Every single post.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,909

Post#78 » by lobosloboslobos » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:23 pm

Yeah exactly how I feel. So much whining and pointing fingers and claiming to be brilliant basketball savants with all the answers. tWo! tWo! tWo! All aboard for the tankathon! Woo hoo!!!

But where is everybody? Where is the excitement, the joy, the banter, the cockiness now? Where is everybody? This place is a dead zone and has been since we started losing. Where are all the happy tankers, excited not only that we are losing but also because lots of people expect we'll suck next year too. Yahoo!!! What a success! What fantastic leadership! What a fun ride!

rats bailing at the first sign of losing
only coming around to complain we aren't losing enough, or aren't losing the right way, or didn't start losing early enough
as if you all would have stuck around cheering those 15 game losing streaks like this one
lol

one of the main reasons not to tank was always that it crushes everybody's soul to lose that much and it makes it very very hard to come out of it intact, let alone stronger than ever.

we might still do it. we might succeed in going forward after a brief late season tank this year like we did in the Tampa tank. but don't come around claiming you have the guts for a prolonged multiyear tank like so many have cried for for so long. just look at this place. imagine 2 or 3 years of this? lol.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:24 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Did Darko **** your wife or something? Every single post.

Sorry I'll be sure to spend more time talking about kobi simmons
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:27 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

Yeah exactly how I feel. So much whining and pointing fingers and claiming to be brilliant basketball savants with all the answers. tWo! tWo! tWo! All aboard for the tankathon! Woo hoo!!!

But where is everybody? Where is the excitement, the joy, the banter, the cockiness now? Where is everybody? This place is a dead zone and has been since we started losing. Where are all the happy tankers, excited not only that we are losing but also because lots of people expect we'll suck next year too. Yahoo!!! What a success! What fantastic leadership! What a fun ride!

rats bailing at the first sign of losing
only coming around to complain we aren't losing enough, or aren't losing the right way, or didn't start losing early enough
as if you all would have stuck around cheering those 15 game losing streaks like this one
lol

one of the main reasons not to tank was always that it crushes everybody's soul to lose that much and it makes it very very hard to come out of it intact, let alone stronger than ever.

we might still do it. we might succeed in going forward after a brief late season tank this year like we did in the Tampa tank. but don't come around claiming you have the guts for a prolonged multiyear tank like so many have cried for for so long. just look at this place. imagine 2 or 3 years of this? lol.

the TWO thread was extremely active prior to any tank actually happening; not even sure when the last time someone posted there. Fairweather fans that think tanking is any formula for success and an enjoyable product are delusional and are in hiding.

Return to Toronto Raptors