ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raptors Win

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,404

Re: PG: Raptors Win 

Post#81 » by JB7 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:50 am

Could the Bucks actually fall in the standings? They are at 30 losses, Cavs at 31 and Magic & Knicks at 32. Bucks play Knicks, Celtics, Thunder and Magic x2 to end the season.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,344

Post#82 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:43 am

Scase wrote:I love that we win this game, and people start saying stuff like this team is good with our starters lmao.

I mean, we’ve actually been okay when our guys actually play.

Acting like our losing streak that had our top 4 guys out and like 6 out of top 8 is indicative of anything is stupid
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,913

Post#83 » by Thaddy » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:25 am

Barrett going hot and cold has been an issue before. Maybe he was flashing his ability and he's going to be consistent here. The percentages are crazy right now and he's thriving as a third option. It would be great if he came in next year and because a MIP candidate. It would speed up our chances to become contenders.

Quick is going to be an all star. The passing was suspect but he's similar to RJ in going on a great streak, that looks like true improve instead of a flash.

The next step is a forward isolation scorer and replacing Poeltl with a stretch C. I don't see Gradey as a long term starter. He's never going to be a great defensive player and I don't like RJ as a forward. RJ is much better as a larger guard similar to DeRozan.

Agbaji is good in that he isn't demanding shots but he is incapable of being in the right place at the right time. He does okay against guards but can't cover power forwards like Portis. Delvin mentioned Gradey is promoted and has a green light above the break. Should Agbaji have that? He has and its been bad. I'm not sure what the issue is other than conditioning, maybe losing some bulk? But a defensive guard that can't handle the ball isn't going to substantially impact the game like a universal defender.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,910

Post#84 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:41 am

Trent playing well now that games are meaningless... where was that the past few years?

41 percent one dimensional chucker... Masai ... what will he do?...
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,892

Post#85 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:22 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Scase wrote:I love that we win this game, and people start saying stuff like this team is good with our starters lmao.

Acting like our losing streak that had our top 4 guys out and like 6 out of top 8 is indicative of anything is stupid

I don’t think they are 24 win on the season or 15 game losing streak bad, but are they better than 32 wins right now, which would put them in 11th? I’m not confident in that and once you’re there, what really is the point?
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,273

Post#86 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:03 pm

Missed the game but glad they won, the tankjob was getting egregious. The Indy game is key, have to win that one.

Who did Doc blame afterwards? The time keeper? The broadcast crew?

I do wonder if Giannis would ever do Dame dirty and ask out while leaving him stuck in Milwaukee...
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,588

Post#87 » by Brinbe » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:24 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

I don’t think they are 24 win on the season or 15 game losing streak bad, but are they better than 32 wins right now, which would put them in 11th? I’m not confident in that and once you’re there, what really is the point?

Context means everything. Getting themselves into the 10th-11th range with a bunch of guys in their early to mid-20s as the core is different than having fred/siakam/og and nurse grinding to 41 wins.

Do people think that Scottie/RJ/IQ have totally topped out their games already and that we won't have many tools to actually improve the team in the off-season? Even if they convey they'll still have two draft picks in a draft where they can def find gems in the 19-32 range.

Some of y'all literally bich when they lose and complain just as much when they win and it's really stupid to read through. Like what the hell do you want? Just adding nothing but absolute crap to the discourse and general readability of the forum. How was it better on here when we had Babs/BC running the ship and Mitchell and Triano as head coaches for ten years? If you want to vent some idiocy, I think livejournal still exists and twitter is out there to suit your need to spew the same endlessly negative crap into the void.

I've been through many eras on this board but this may legit be the most intolerablely stupid.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,670

Post#88 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:27 pm

Doc is a joke
Shakril
Starter
And1: 1,339

Post#89 » by Shakril » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:35 pm

Ackshun wrote:
MainEvent wrote:Doc 15-16

Why does this guy keep getting NBA jobs? He’s destined for the NCAA. Garbage coach

He is well liked around the NBA by Players and Executives. The moment he won the Chip with Boston, guaranteed that he always will have a Job.
Shakril
Starter

Post#90 » by Shakril » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:38 pm

bape_lovers wrote:Once we have Scottie/Yak, we would be a good team. Still need to find a reliable backup. Would could we get in offseason

I think you are too optimistic. Its not a issue of talent, more of an organizational issue. We had a very good Roster to start the season and barely managed to win anything. Something doesnt seem wright behind the curtains.
Shakril
Starter

Post#91 » by Shakril » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:41 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:If you haven’t cheered for a win in 3 years. You aren’t a fan of the team.

hahaha, you make a serious statement about my joke and you had to post again for collecting and-1's, like you always do on the GB.

enjoy your realgm fans

But he is right. I only see negative comments about this team from you and how much you want them to lose.
Never anything that is has value that could be discussed.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,910

Post#92 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:43 pm

As others have said, and I agree, RJ's best position is SG, not SF.... and Barnes?

Team is not optimized, and it shows often... wrong pieces in the wrong slots...

Just my thoughts...
Shakril
Starter

Post#93 » by Shakril » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:44 pm

Thaddy wrote:Barrett going hot and cold has been an issue before. Maybe he was flashing his ability and he's going to be consistent here. The percentages are crazy right now and he's thriving as a third option. It would be great if he came in next year and because a MIP candidate. It would speed up our chances to become contenders.

Quick is going to be an all star. The passing was suspect but he's similar to RJ in going on a great streak, that looks like true improve instead of a flash.

The next step is a forward isolation scorer and replacing Poeltl with a stretch C. I don't see Gradey as a long term starter. He's never going to be a great defensive player and I don't like RJ as a forward. RJ is much better as a larger guard similar to DeRozan.

Agbaji is good in that he isn't demanding shots but he is incapable of being in the right place at the right time. He does okay against guards but can't cover power forwards like Portis. Delvin mentioned Gradey is promoted and has a green light above the break. Should Agbaji have that? He has and its been bad. I'm not sure what the issue is other than conditioning, maybe losing some bulk? But a defensive guard that can't handle the ball isn't going to substantially impact the game like a universal defender.

We have olynyk as a strech C and it doesnt work the way it was promised.
You wont get better C than Poeltl, unless its a starplayer.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,833

Post#94 » by ash_k » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:52 pm

If I were the Bucks, I would rather be 3rd seed anyway. As I would not be too keen on playing the Heat and Playoff Jimmy in the first round (or even the Sixers).
Doc's coaching in the regular season has never been in question; it has always been about the Playoffs...Plus he didn't get a training camp thus I have not gotten all the bashing. Pro-ball is not just plug&play.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,892

Post#95 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:34 pm

Brinbe wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I mean, we’ve actually been okay when our guys actually play.

Context means everything. Getting themselves into the 10th-11th range with a bunch of guys in their early to mid-20s as the core is different than having fred/siakam/og and nurse grinding to 41 wins.

Do people think that Scottie/RJ/IQ have totally topped out their games already and that we won't have many tools to actually improve the team in the off-season? Even if they convey they'll still have two draft picks in a draft where they can def find gems in the 19-32 range.

Some of y'all literally bich when they lose and complain just as much when they win and it's really stupid to read through. Like what the hell do you want? Just adding nothing but absolute crap to the discourse and general readability of the forum. How was it better on here when we had Babs/BC running the ship and Mitchell and Triano as head coaches for ten years? If you want to vent some idiocy, I think livejournal still exists and twitter is out there to suit your need to spew the same endlessly negative crap into the void.

I've been through many eras on this board but this may legit be the most intolerablely stupid.

On your rant here, are you directing that towards me? Are you saying I’m bitching and add nothing to the discourse but absolute crap? Are you saying I’m venting and spewing endless negative crap?
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,864

Post#96 » by Pointgod » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:12 pm

What are we doing? Winning? They didn’t get the memo this is tank nation baby? Man I was hoping for that 5th seed but the 6th seed in the lottery seems a lock.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#97 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:15 pm

We pretty much have that 6th worst record in the NBA locked up. A win here doesn't hurt. Brilliant tanking by Masai and the coaching staff to end the season. Now let's hope we don't end up with the 7th pick in the draft. :lol:
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 590

Post#98 » by SpezNc » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:33 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:We pretty much have that 6th worst record in the NBA locked up. A win here doesn't hurt. Brilliant taking by Masai and the coaching staff to end the season. Now let's hope we don't end up with the 7th pick in the draft. :lol:

Looking very good indeed but not yet lock-in.

Memphis losing 5 straight is a regular occurrence.

Raptors can theoretically win 3 games in next 5 (Was, Nets, split Miami)

Don’t get me wrong, the odds heavily favour us getting 6th best odds. The fact we control our destiny is also key. Like many point out, we could easily rest a couple players for some of the games.

But crazier things has happened than Memphis losing 5 and Raps winning 3 out of 5.

I will wait for the Raptors next loss or Memphis next win to call it.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,605

Post#99 » by Scase » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:42 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

For me it's even less about that placement, and more about the ceiling I perceive that core to have. But yeah, finishing next season with like 30 wins just seems like another treadmill retool trajectory, and I'm not here for it. The team would still continue to lack high end talent, and absolutely no bench to speak of. Empty calorie wins.
Props TZ!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,344

Post#100 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:44 pm

Brinbe wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I mean, we’ve actually been okay when our guys actually play.

Rest of your post was pretty ranty but I agree with this part.

People want to tank, rebuild, and get younger but then when those younger guys are not studs immediately we act like there is no room to improve?

Like it or not, our wagon is hitched to Barnes. If Barnes come back next year as a refined version of himself there is no reason why we should not be aspiring to be in the bottom half of the playoff picture next year. You hope for some development of IQ/RJ/Dick/Agbaji and then we hit on a pick / free agent this off-season.

Most importantly - you have a core of guys who expect to be here for years. If we lock up GTJ, you have IQ/RJ/GTJ/Barnes/Dick/Agbaji/Poeltl/Olynyk/Rookie/Rookie who are all locked up longer than 2 years and who expect to be a part of this program for a few years. You give them an off-season to work with Raptors guys, a training camp with a group of guys you played with in 2024, and you build on that for 2024/25.

No guarantees it works out - but the expectation next year should be playoffs, and there really is not a reason why that should not be the aspiration. Especially if Barnes takes a leap, do we really think the gap between us and the 2nd tier East teams is that big?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors