ImageImageImageImageImage

Masai Presser @ 11am

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,789

Masai Presser @ 11am 

Post#1 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:14 pm

ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,905

Re: Masai Presser @ 11am 

Post#2 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:19 pm

Top 5 topics:

1. Patience
2. Play the right way
3. Shooting
4. We will win again
5. BBQ foundation
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,674

Post#3 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:50 pm

We won before and we will win again
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,069

Post#4 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:53 pm

I love Masai and even I'm likely not tuning in. Time to start delivering.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,306

Post#5 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:54 pm

Platitudes aplenty.

Tears today or not?
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,020

Post#6 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:09 pm

Wonder if people will ask him about his long term future with the organization. A lot of chatter on Rogers airways around Larry T's impending sale of his shares, Masai's contract alignment to when Larry likely leaves, and the eventual Rogers takeover of all of MLSE.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#7 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:11 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:Wonder if people will ask him about his long term future with the organization. A lot of chatter on Rogers airways around Larry T's impending sale of his shares, Masai's contract alignment to when Larry likely leaves, and the eventual Rogers takeover of all of MLSE.

Joy. Looks at the Blue Jays to see how our lives could get worse. Let's really put our franchises in the hands of Ed Rogers.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,813

Post#8 » by Lord_Zedd » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:17 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:Wonder if people will ask him about his long term future with the organization. A lot of chatter on Rogers airways around Larry T's impending sale of his shares, Masai's contract alignment to when Larry likely leaves, and the eventual Rogers takeover of all of MLSE.

Modern day Harold Ballard for all of Toronto sports
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,834

Post#9 » by ash_k » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:55 pm

Duffman100 wrote:I love Masai and even I'm likely not tuning in. Time to start delivering.

Delivering what exactly? Like a new coach?

Players-wise our starting 5 has a former 3rd pick 20pts scorer, a 4th pick All-Star and the former 6th man runner up as the 'PG'...then our Bench has 2 young lotto picks in Gradey and Ochai...then you have proven veterans like Boucher, Brown and KO ...anchored by a center entering his prime years.
Add potential 2xtop 20 picks including a Top 6 hopefully (should pick 2 French players), trades, and money to spend in the offseason (ideally turning Gary Trent into Pat Williams)..

Things are looking pretty good all things considered(outside of the coaching situation)..we are right on par with 5th seed Orlando, talent-wise.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,841

Post#10 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:57 pm

His last presser was a banger after the Siakam trade.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#11 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:59 pm

ash_k wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:I love Masai and even I'm likely not tuning in. Time to start delivering.

Players-wise our starting 5 has a former 3rd pick 20pts scorer, a 4th pick All-Star and the former 6th man runner up as the 'PG'...then our Bench has 2 young lotto picks in Gradey and Ochai...then you have proven veterans like Boucher, Brown and KO ...anchored by a center entering his prime years.
Add potential 2xtop 20 picks including a Top 6 hopefully (should pick 2 French players), trades, and money to spend in the offseason (ideally turning Gary Trent into Pat Williams)..

Things are looking pretty good all things considered(outside of the coaching situation)..we are right on par with 5th seed Orlando, talent-wise.

Cool, I want to see wins, improvement and our team to be noticeable trending upwards. You know me, I'm far from a FO hater. But we're in year 3-4 (depending on how you see it) of our cycle after the title and we need to see a tangible direction and plan.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#12 » by Merit » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:10 pm

Consider me surprised. But yes, this off-season is crucial.
I believe in Masai.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,847

Post#13 » by dTox » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
ash_k wrote:

Cool, I want to see wins, improvement and our team to be noticeable trending upwards. You know me, I'm far from a FO hater. But we're in year 3-4 (depending on how you see it) of our cycle after the title and we need to see a tangible direction and plan.

One would have to have incredible coping skills to not want this.
TBZ for the win
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#14 » by Merit » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:15 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
ash_k wrote:

Thanks for elaborating. I think plan a was bring the band back, change the coach. Then plan b was trying for dame. Then plan c was build around the current core via operation 69, then plan d was to stay competitive this season while developing Scottie and taking fliers on depth pieces for a diamond in the rough. Then we moved to trading OG and then Siakam when we knew he wouldn’t be worth the max. Finally we were forced into a tank when Scottie injured his hand.

So I do think the FO has been trying to see what works/sticks and now they’re firmly on team rebuild.
I believe in Masai.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#15 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:16 pm

dTox wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
ash_k wrote:Delivering what exactly? Like a new coach?

:lol: ha fair!

I think the point is I don't really care about the 'talk' anymore.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,165

Post#16 » by DelAbbot » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:17 pm

Leave some boxes of tissues
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,209

Post#17 » by HiJiNX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:34 pm

Not sure I’m tuning in for this one. I’ll catch the highlights on Twitter.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,371

Post#18 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:36 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
dTox wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

:lol: ha fair!

I think the point is I don't really care about the 'talk' anymore.

I really never have. Nothing they say in these things are anything that surprises anyone. It is all "coach-speak" or "gm-speak" that every single coach and GM says across the league.

But people will inevitably be upset when Masai does not explicitly drop his entire plan on building
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,306

Post#19 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:40 pm

Duffman100 wrote:I think the point is I don't really care about the 'talk' anymore.

Exactly why I won't be consuming any Leafs media bytes leading up to this weekend. Nothing any of those guys say matters anymore, we've heard it all before. Let's just see it.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,834

Post#20 » by ash_k » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:44 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:I think the point is I don't really care about the 'talk' anymore.

Exactly why I won't be consuming any Leafs media bytes leading up to this weekend. Nothing any of those guys say matters anymore, we've heard it all before. Let's just see it.

just a slight difference though, just slight, Masai actually came through already while I hear some folks, after 50+ years, have still been waiting
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.

Return to Toronto Raptors