ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily Papers - January 03, 2008

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Coolhandbud
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Daily Papers - January 03, 2008 

Post#1 » by Coolhandbud » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:16 pm

The Sun

Raptors to seek more info on Ford

Bosh and his teammates better get used to Ford being away for a little while longer. While the diminutive guard, who has been out action since suffering another arm stinger on Dec.11 in Atlanta, was spotted at the ACC yesterday, general manager Bryan Colangelo confirmed that the club plans to pursue other professional opinions on the state of Ford's injury.

Mic'd up Mitchell

"You just try to behave yourself and watch your language the best you can," said Mitchell, one of the more colourful and outspoken coaches in the NBA. "But I have confidence that the NBA is not going to let me embarrass myself or the organization. You just try to keep your emotions in check.

The Star

Raps fans won't hear Sam's bons mots

Raptors NBA TV produces the team's games and tomorrow's home game against Detroit will air on Rogers Sportsnet. Since ESPN is not on Canadian cable and satellite systems, Raptors fans won't get to hear what Mitchell has to say.

"We had hoped to let Canadian fans hear whatever Sam is saying, but the league has denied our request," said Chris Hebb, senior vice-president of broadcast and content for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. "They have only been doing it for three weeks and are reluctant to pass it on to other broadcasters until they've got the bugs worked out.

Home wins not as easy as fans think: Mitchell

"People just assume because you're at home, you're supposed to win and that's just not the case," he said yesterday. "You still have to play well, you've still got to out-work a team and play better. The fans just need to realize, you're not going to come out and be up 25-10 every game at home. We've got the type of team where we're not going to stop playing. We're going to play 48 minutes and sometimes you're not going to play well for 48 minutes so their support is important."

crunch time

January could be a big month for the Raptors, as they try to cement themselves as an upper-tier Eastern Conference playoff team. Here's how it shapes up:

Jan. 6 vs. Detroit

Pistons: 24-7; season series: first meeting

The Globe

Toronto has reason for cautious optimism

As the Raptors worked out yesterday in the friendly confines of the Adidas Practice Court for the first time since Dec. 15, the hope is 2008 will work out much the way the early months of 2007 did.

The difference is if Toronto can go 34-16 over the last 50 games of the regular season
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#2 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:03 pm

Thanks for the papers.
MjM2xTreMe
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#3 » by MjM2xTreMe » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:30 pm

I would definitely love to see that game on ESPN. I doubt Smitch can contain himself.

Thanks for the papers
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#4 » by The Letter V » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:42 pm

I don't understand how the mic thing works. Isn't it up to ESPN to edit what the coach says and to play selective clips- or is it something that they play in the background unedited all game long?
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#5 » by rdtx2005 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:47 pm

The Intellectual Activist wrote:I don't understand how the mic thing works. Isn't it up to ESPN to edit what the coach says and to play selective clips- or is it something that they play in the background unedited all game long?

i'm assuming there is a delay of a few seconds for the crew to edit or bleep out any expletives.
Maximillion
Analyst
And1: 3,895

Post#6 » by Maximillion » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:34 pm

So we Raptors fans won't get to listen in on Sam...that's annoying.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#7 » by whoknows » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:57 pm

Thanks for the papers!

What's going on this morning...

I mean c'mon...

no comments so far on the aspect of the Sunshine girl...

Oh, well, I guess the usual commentators are still to wake up - must be vacation or the babysitter/parent is using the computer in the morning...
user name
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#8 » by user name » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:59 pm

They just play clips after the fact and do interviews between quarters. You should have seen how thrilled Jerry Sloane looked to do that!
Coolhandbud
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#9 » by Coolhandbud » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:08 pm

rdtx2005 wrote:i'm assuming there is a delay of a few seconds for the crew to edit or bleep out any expletives.

I recall reading somewhere there is a 7 second delay to censor out all the good parts.

I wonder if there's going to be an audible beep-beep-beep-beep-beep for Sam or just silence... maybe a voice dub .... :lol:
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#10 » by bychai » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 pm

KG was sick last night... I've never seen a player so fierce!

I hope I can catch the ESPN feed somewhere.

Thx for the papes.
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#11 » by gcsw » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:50 pm

You can tell Sam is already panicking. He knows his incapacity as a head coach will be exposed out there.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,288

Post#12 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:53 pm

gcsw wrote:You can tell Sam is already paniking. He knows his incapacity as a head coach will be exposed out there.

Wow. I hope you're being funny when you butcher the English language like that...

I don't think Sam is bothered one way or anyother - he definitely would provide some of the best in game quotes of all the coaches.
MJ23DREAMER
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#13 » by MJ23DREAMER » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:57 pm

Thanks for the post Coolhandbud!

From what I gather, there is a seven second delay to give the broadcasters time to "edit" or censor any expletives if necessary. The sound will be played between timeouts sometimes as well, we get to hear the lockerroom chat as well.

I still don't think that it gives a "realistic" view of what goes on during a game as you know the coaches are concious of what is going on. Fi anything, it is a unique perspective on things.
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#14 » by jeffya2 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:08 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow. I hope you're being funny when you butcher the English language like that...

I don't think Sam is bothered one way or anyother - he definitely would provide some of the best in game quotes of all the coaches.

Who are you? An English teacher, editor or both?

Return to Toronto Raptors