Game 6: Orlando Magic (2-2) @ Utah Jazz (2-3)

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,078

Game 6: Orlando Magic (2-2) @ Utah Jazz (2-3) 

Post#1 » by FJS » Thu Nov 2, 2023 2:09 pm

ORLANDO MAGIC @ UTAH JAZZ

Thursday, 2nd November, 2023
Salt Lake City, Utah
7:00 MDT
Delta Center

ImageImageImageImageImage

KEY BENCH PLAYERS
ORLANDO MAGIC

UTAH JAZZ
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 983

Re: Game 6: Orlando Magic (2-2) @ Utah Jazz (2-3) 

Post#2 » by red4hf » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:05 am

That's it, I'm on the fire Hardy bandwagon, just because of this bull zone that he's playing......
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#3 » by Rauxcee » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:42 am

Had to do a double take because for half a second I thought Yurtseven was a really tall Raul Neto. :lol:

Everything else happening in this game is frustrating.
Wolverine
Bench Warmer
And1: 113

Post#4 » by Wolverine » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:47 am

Clarkson getting frustrated with Sexton
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#5 » by Rauxcee » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:51 am

Watching Clarkson and THT drive to the basket repeatedly with no success for what felt like 5 minutes straight, ignoring Lauri, was hard to watch. This game was hard to watch overall. So many dumb coaching decisions and dumb plays.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#6 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Nov 3, 2023 12:26 pm

I thought that THT was actually pretty good overall. But we do have an issue with how we're using Markkanen as we're starting to regress to how other teams used him in the past, which was primarily as a 3pt shooter and not much else. He hardly gets to the line anymore.

Collins was once again rather good, and while Kessler had 5 blocks, he needs to figure things out on offense and be more aggressive.

Clarkson needs to go back to being a sixth man, a role he's very good at.

As for the Magic, I'm kinda over Suggs. He's very active and aggressive defensively and puts in a lot of effort on that end (spent a lot of time feeling the deck) but on offense he's non-existent.

Can't say much for Black either. He finished well around the rim off of cuts but I haven't seen any actual PG play from him to feel like we missed out on him.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,078

Post#7 » by FJS » Fri Nov 3, 2023 1:09 pm

Our team is a mess.
A lot of offensive possessions are players without the control of the ball. You appreciate good pg when you see our guys with the ball... they look they are going to lose the ball in almost every movement.
Magic is not a good team (or they did not look yesterday) and they shouldn't win us in our arena if we weren't a mess.
Hardy has to cut rotation.
Sexton tries one time after another to finish under the table, and he gets blocked or make an impossible shot too often.
I don't expect a contender with this roster, but there's so many players trying to be a pg, a none of them are doing a good job. All look playing without control, and Dunn, the one who look more controlled can't shoot, can't score...
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,713

Post#8 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 1:36 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I thought that THT was actually pretty good overall.

One of my complaints about THT last season was his low assist to tov ratio. This will jinx him, but over the first six games, his ast to tov ratio has been a respectable 3.27. This game it was 4. His 3p% still sucks, but has moved a few percentage points in the right direction.

Still, THT is below 50 TS% overall for first six games, as is Clarkson, Dunn and Ochai. That's not good.
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#9 » by FranchisePlayer » Fri Nov 3, 2023 6:30 pm

Hopefully they find some team willing to take Sexton. While athletic, his BBIQ is low. For the 2nd straight year in Jazz and in the Cavs before that.

Very frustrating to see Markkanen getting ignored so much. I get that Hardy wants to keep everyone active on the offensive end and in the long run that's good, we don't want to burn him out from the word go but my god, can't they figure out who's hot for the night.

A big loss.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.

Return to Utah Jazz